My new cut and COLOR!!!

blackbarbie

I DID IT!!!
I was kind of nervous because I couldn't decide between copperish highlights or caramel highlights, but I went with copper, since that's what was on my ends. After the color was applied, washed out, deep conditioned, then he sat me under the dryer to let the hair dry loose for a bit. When he took me from under the dryer, it was 95% dry and he used a paddle brush to dry it all the way and straighten it out. (it was poofy at first). I was nervous at first when I saw the color (before he started blow drying). It was kind of like "IN YOUR FACE" and I all of a sudden became nervous again.

To be honest, my hair got pin straight from just the blow dryer. After he was done blow drying, he flat ironed it. Then I reminded him that I was going to go with 3 inches today. He showed me where 3 inches was on his rat tail comb and asked if I was sure. I told him I was and I would just come back later if I didn't think that was enough off. (but I have to admit, when I saw it all straight, I started having second thoughts about getting the ends cut off:grin:). I told him don't bump it under that I would do that when I got home. I told him I wanted a blunt cut. When he was done cutting, he told me I had about 4 more inches of relaxed ends and they should have grown out by the summer. I was too happy because I was thinking of maybe 10 inches of relaxed ends.

Well here are the pics. (Oh and I can use the shirt I have on as a measure since it is color blocked and the stripe is right by my arm pit, so hey, I guess I am APL right now:grin:)

CutandColor046.jpg

CutandColor039.jpg

CutandColor043.jpg

CutandColor054.jpg

CutandColor034.jpg

CutandColor027.jpg

Girl you must hold the LHCF world's record for the longest most successful transition. I can't tell your relaxed tips from your roots, its all just healthy shinny swangin hair :bling: I love that color... !!

gasp> You're still transtioning right?

You're a hair idol of mine BTW. Really nice color. Looks great!

Last edited:
gasp> You're still transtioning right?

Your a hair idol of mine BTW. Really nice color. Looks great!

Thanks!

Not going to lie, but when I got home and really got a chance to look at my hair, I was on the phone with a friend of mine telling her that if my hair had stayed the length that it was, you wouldn't have been able to convince a stranger that I didn't have a weave:grin: She said you know its a shame when you say your OWN hair looks like a weave!

Wooooooooooowwwww! Your hair is blindingly beautiful:notworthy

Thanks hon! Now if I can master a rollerset like yours, I would really be doing something. I am hoping that with a few more of the relaxed ends gone, the rollersets would be much easier for me. If not, I will just have to pay a visit to you to get a GOOD rollerset!

Oh you did it!!!
That looks great!! And you still got mad length!
Those highlights are awesome also.

Thanks hon! Now you say that I still have mad length, but I have to say that I really don't think that length is really going to matter once I get ready to make a bun:sad:

If you don't mind, can you tell me what steps you took to transition and some of the products you use.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I want to be like you when I grow up, or at least when I see my 6 month progress in June :yep:...

Girl you must hold the LHCF world's record for the longest most successful transition. I can't tell your relaxed tips from your roots, its all just healthy shinny swangin hair :bling: I love that color... !!

:wave:Hey AtlantaJJ!
I bet when the water hits it you can surely tell:grin: My brother says that I should be completely natural before the end of the summer, so I am good with that, but it's a shame that I am just dying to go and wet my hair right now to see how much shrinkage I have. I really do like the swing my hair has so I was asking my brother what he was doing and everything he was putting in my hair so I can recreate the "do" with my sedu.

Before he put me under the dryer, he put a few drops of a glossing serum by Redken in my head (I will post the name later; I purchased it some and left it right there on the shelf in his shop). After I came from under the dryer, he didn't put any more product in my hair when he blow dried it nor did he put any more in it when he flat ironed it. He said those few drops go a long way. When he was done flat ironing, he put a few more drops to finish it off. I guess by not putting so much product in my hair, it allowed for the swing.

Back