My Mid-Year Update 2010 (Pic heavy) Closer to WL

Thank you! I'm going to stop by the store tomorrow to get some. Hopefully this at least slows it down before I go bald.

Lovely Hair!! It is growing like crazy...Congrats!!

I think we all have seasonal shedding but worrying and stress can definitely make it worse. I would recommend an overall healthy lifestyle (eating healthy, water, sleep, lil to no stress). I would probably start with you GP especially if you want to try bloodwork first then the dermatologist

Your growth is amazing. I was in shock of the shedded hair balls though.:blush: I've heard great things about black tea rinses to stop shedding. Research it on this forum and you will find interesting info. I'm going to try it for myself. I have regular lipton tea bags and supposedly you steap 10 bags overnight and after you wash you just run it over your hair and leave it in for 20 minutes then rinse. There are videos on you tube from people on this site. The video that I saw the person had waste length hair and swears by the Black tea rinses. Good Luck

Thank you! I really welcome all advice. I'm going to try everything I can to get this under control.

Your hair is so pretty, I almost don't feel adequate enough to give advice. However, I, too was experiencing some crazy shedding. I ordered the Alter Ego Cond mentioned above and I started taking garlic oil softgels by Nature's Sunshine. My shedding was cut by @ least 90%.

When I was in NJ a few weeks ago, I also found some Nutrine Odorless Garlic Cond - it's kinda thin so I just use it to co-wash. For it to be so thin, it does provide good slip.

I hope you are able to get your shedding under control. Great progress & BTW, IMO, you can go ahead & claim WL!

Hey Ediese your hair looks great. When you do the Carusos are you doing them on flat ironed hair or blow dried hair?

Thanks girl! I did it on flat ironed hair. I flat ironed once and used the rollers to curl it for 3 weeks, best no heat style! I think I could have done it on blow dried hair since it did get pretty straight with the blow dryer. I just didn't like how my ends looked. I need to trim.

Your hair is so beautiful!!! Not sure if anyone has suggested it but the Black Tea rinses are absolutely awesome. The first time there is not that much of a difference but the 2nd time make it absoultely wonderful. Mine completely stopped... like completely. I just do it Traycee's Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31A7SLit6PM&feature=related.

Also,I was just wondering, is your reason for not wearing weaves anymore positive or negative?

Great styles! As for the Carusos, what did you use as your moisturizer since you were able to keep recurling it for 3 weeks?

Beautiful hair, as always. I love that bun with the twist in the front!

Please feel better about the shedding and know that it's only temporary!

Your hair is so beautiful!!! Not sure if anyone has suggested it but the Black Tea rinses are absolutely awesome. The first time there is not that much of a difference but the 2nd time make it absoultely wonderful. Mine completely stopped... like completely. I just do it Traycee's Way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31A7SLit6PM&feature=related.

Also,I was just wondering, is your reason for not wearing weaves anymore positive or negative?

Thanks! I'm planning on getting some tea bags tomorrow.

I decided to stop weaving my hair because I've just about met my goal. My hair is at a length that I'm pleased with. My next goal is to get my hair back to a healthy state. I think that in order for me to monitor the shedding issue I can't have it braided up for too long. In the next few weeks, Im going to be trying almost everything out there so I need full access to my hair. I need to get my moisture/protein balance back in line too.

Pretty hair, Ediese!

In your siggy, what does RHO/HCCC remix mean? Sorry if I'm being slow.

I think I'm going to buy caruso rollers when I get out of my weave, but I have flexi rods also, you think I can get the same effect without steam?

Sorry about the shedding, I've never had excessive shedding, so this is alarming to me, so Ill be cautious. Tell us how the tea rinses work. I think I'll try it for weeks after I remove the install just for good measure.

Theres a pic thats not showing up, the June update, it's saying "Bandwidth exceeded"

Good luck with school and I hope you de-stress.

all i have to say is.....DAMM!!!!:blush:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THE CARUSO SET.... LOVELY,

Thanks for posting becuase i was looking into the caruso!!!!:grin::grin: im waiting for my 3 inches more of growth, then ill buy them..... that shedding is not whats up tho, uh uh.

Last edited:
Beautiful hair!!!! I would also look into your overall health as a culprit of the shedding...When I a salon regular, my stylist would always ask me about any medications i was taking and fad diets when she noticed my hair shedding...i have severe anemia and my hair suffers

Congratulations on making WL!! Your hair is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll figure out something to curb the shedding. I just started coffee rinses and I can't say one way or another yet how effective they are.

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm SO sorry to hear about the shedding. One word of advice, try not to stress! I know that's easier said than done but I know from personal experience that it will only make the shedding worse! I think you are on the right track to eliminate the weave for a minute and concentrate on the health of your hair. I must say, in spite of the shedding, your hair is STILL beautiful!

Thanks again everyone! :-)

Pretty hair, Ediese!

In your siggy, what does RHO/HCCC remix mean? Sorry if I'm being slow.

I think I'm going to buy caruso rollers when I get out of my weave, but I have flexi rods also, you think I can get the same effect without steam?

Sorry about the shedding, I've never had excessive shedding, so this is alarming to me, so Ill be cautious. Tell us how the tea rinses work. I think I'll try it for weeks after I remove the install just for good measure.

Theres a pic thats not showing up, the June update, it's saying "Bandwidth exceeded"

Good luck with school and I hope you de-stress.

Hey Nichi!

The RHO/HCCC is the real hair exclusive and halleys curls creole curly kinky curly weave that I used in the past. I wore it for a few weeks.

You should definitely give the caruso rollers a shot. It's really easy, and I prefer how the curls are bigger. I used the red flexirods in the past, so maybe you'd get the same effect if you bought bigger ones? I'm not sure.

With the carusos, I would put them in when I first got up in the morning, and by the time I was ready to leave for work, the curls were already set (30 mins top). The flexirods took longer to set.

All the pics are showing now. I think something happened with picoodle for a bit.

Here's an old set I did with my flexirods to give you an idea. One other thing, the caruso set would last until I went to bed; whereas, the flexirods dropped considerably as the day went on to almost no curl.

Beautiful hair!!!! I would also look into your overall health as a culprit of the shedding...When I a salon regular, my stylist would always ask me about any medications i was taking and fad diets when she noticed my hair shedding...i have severe anemia and my hair suffers

Thanks! I haven't really made any big changes, except taking 3x high protein shakes for a couple months. I'm not sure if that could have anything to do with it. When I see my Dr., I should know more though.

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm SO sorry to hear about the shedding. One word of advice, try not to stress! I know that's easier said than done but I know from personal experience that it will only make the shedding worse! I think you are on the right track to eliminate the weave for a minute and concentrate on the health of your hair. I must say, in spite of the shedding, your hair is STILL beautiful!

Thanks! Yea, I haven't been detangling it because I'm trying not to think about it. I've started moisturizing in the morning and at night. I'm really hoping the tea rinses help out a bit.

Little funny story: I went on a date with this guy a couple months ago. (see pic in black) He kept staring at my hair for the longest time. lol Finally, he worked up the nerve to ask if my hair was real. I wish I had pics to share exactly how it looked. The curls had dropped a bit, and it was so fluffy and bouncy. (kept flipping it around btw lol)

Anywho, I told him about 100x that it was real, but he didn't believe me. I had to give him permission to feel it. There we were in the freakin restaurant with him molesting my scalp. lol Talk about embarassing!

Last edited:
Back