My hairstylist made me so mad!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I've grew SOOO close to APL about 1 inch away until I went to the hairdresser and I ASKED her to do touch up my hair and she DID what? She did put the relaxer on MY WHOLE GOD%@*& hair!!!!! I was like OMFG!!!! :blush: I've told her to wash it off IMMEDIATELY then the hairstylist said I cant because it wasnt ready!!!! I was like WHAT???!!! I cant have that relaxer to OVERPROCESS my HAIR!!! :wallbash::wallbash: She said relax it s NOT going to hurt your hair! :blush: I was FREAKED out!!!! When she raised all the relexer out of my hair I immediately touched my hair to make sure nothing was damaged luckily!! I was about to leave but just remembered I was having a party and must to have my hair done TODAY so I've asked her to roll set my hair she said okay. Until my hair was dried, she took all of rollers out then when she was done, I drove on my way home to change the clothes and touched my hair and guess what??!!!! My hair was SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE CUT MY HAIR WHILE IT WAS CURLY!!!! WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :cry::cry::cry:

Oh my! And aren't you the one with the other friend that had a huge problem with her stylist? Yall just can't catch a break.

How was she able to cut your hair without you knowing?!?!? I'm not understanding how you wouldn't have known/felt, etc.

I'm sorry that you were betrayed, I know you are hot as fish grease :wallbash:

I'm so sorry this happened to you dear. This is worse than this stylist that was trying to do my hair and eat pig skins at the same time. Do yourself a favor and find you a stylist who listens to you. Your hair will thank you for it.

oh my gosh. i'm so sorry. i would be so upset. i'm sorry. you should write her a letter like someone else did in another thread. also, whats the stlists name and the name of the salon so that we can know NOT to go there. Also, post a thread in the salon forum. you'll get back your length in no time.

Sorry this happen but I have a few questions

1. Did you pay her?
2. (I am with Fabulousity on this one) How could you not know she was cutting your hair?
3. You had that much ng that you didn't realize she was going from root to tip?
4. There was no hair on the floor when she finished. Since you were almost apl, I would think that there was a lil bit. Dang was she hiding it

I do not care whose hands are in my hair, I am watching everything that they do.
My old stylist used to get made when I used to hold the mirror up to see what she was doing.

Not ragging on you, I am just curious

Last edited:
Some stylist trim as they are rollersetting, i dont know if that was the case for you.

I am planning to go to a stylist in December, now I am really scared.
I am really sorry about what happened to you, its like she was just out to get you, thats a crazy experience. I hope the rest of your hair is not damaged dear.

Sorry this happen but I have a few questions

1. Did you pay her?
2. (I am with Fabulousity on this one) How could you not know she was cutting your hair?
4. There was no hair on the floor when she finished. Since you were almost apl, I would think that there was a lil bit. Dang was she hiding it

I do not care whose hands are in my hair, I am watching everything that they do.
My old stylist used to get made when I used to hold the mirror up to see what she was doing.

Not ragging on you, I am just curious

I know thats right. I will tell them at least 3 times for them to get the picture.

How did you not notice that she was putting the relaxer on your whole head? I mean I can understand one section...but the whole head? I don't get it. And you didn't feel or see her cutting your hair? How did that happen?

You definitely shouldn't go back to her since she doesn't do what you want. It's your hair. Next time, pay attention.

I've grew SOOO close to APL about 1 inch away until I went to the hairdresser and I ASKED her to do touch up my hair and she DID what? She did put the relaxer on MY WHOLE GOD%@*& hair!!!!! I was like OMFG!!!! :blush: I've told her to wash it off IMMEDIATELY then the hairstylist said I cant because it wasnt ready!!!! I was like WHAT???!!! I cant have that relaxer to OVERPROCESS my HAIR!!! :wallbash::wallbash: She said relax it s NOT going to hurt your hair! :blush: I was FREAKED out!!!! When she raised all the relexer out of my hair I immediately touched my hair to make sure nothing was damaged luckily!! I was about to leave but just remembered I was having a party and must to have my hair done TODAY so I've asked her to roll set my hair she said okay. Until my hair was dried, she took all of rollers out then when she was done, I drove on my way home to change the clothes and touched my hair and guess what??!!!! My hair was SL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE CUT MY HAIR WHILE IT WAS CURLY!!!! WTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :cry::cry::cry:

Once a stylist messes up THAT bad, it's time to leave, party or not :(

That's so sad, but you'll grow it back in a short time. By next year, this will be the past and you will have your apl or longer hair :bighug:

She KNEW what she was doing to you, how can all of that not been on purpose? Hateful people :nono:

Did you pay her? I don't go to the hair salon that often, I'm sure y'all can tell, but is there a place you can complain? Maybe like the state licensing board of cosmetology. Just asking.

I am sorry this happened. This is why I am scared to go to a stylist right now. I would not have let her rollerset my hair. Next time bring a mirror.

Gee I'm scared to go to the hairdresser too. I was going to treat myself next week to a wash and blow dry at an upmarket hairdresser in town, but I'm hearing too many horror stories. :( If I do go I will be specifically telling the stylist what I don't want.

I Don't think she cut it the diference is roller setting makes the hair appear
shorter than flat ironing straight. you may have lose some from the relaxer process. did she do a vergin relaxer root to end?

Bless ur newbie cotton sox..lol

I have had stylist drama upon stylist drama...and one thing i've realised is that you cant be passive...you need to put your foot down or LEAVE!

When i went for my last touch up, i tried a new hair dresser. She seemed so nice and was telling me how she was into healthy hair care....i was like....me and her might get on:rolleyes:
I explained that i wanted a touch up on my NG only and showed her the NG, she wouldnt even look properly and was explaining in a nice way that she could see it clearly because i had stretched my relaxer out for soo long, and well done for doing that...bla bla bla,

She then proceeded to part my hair into four then slap relaxer on 3 quarters of the length of my hair:blush:(I'm APL, and my NG was about 2 inches)
I got up and was like wash this off NOW! Everyone looked at me funny. The owner of the shop came and was like, Its just a small section let me relax the rest for you? I was like, NO thank you. WASH NOW. Would you believe these creatures where still trying to beg me and i had relaxer in the back of my hair?
I was spitting fire by now.:wallbash:
The owner rinsed and neutralised my hair roughly and i left....with wet hair and a shower cap. NO payment.

I still fell proud of myself for that cos I'd have started another woe is me thread if i had let them continue.lol

With time, you'll learn. If you see anything you don't like, get up n leave. You dont owe them nothing....and if you let them, you'll pay them to damage your hair. No more Miss Nice girl with me. I'm done letting stooopid stylists ruin my hair.

1. Did you pay her?

ITA!:clapping:

AWWWW. ((((HUGS)))). It will be okay. Just make to give that hairdresser the boot. I'm paying for this relax from root to tip business with split ends. Do not let any stylist tell what to do with your own hair.

Don't worry it'll grow back.

First of all, so sorry this has happened to you. I see you are in Baltimore... PLEASE blast the name and salon of this stylist because I live near Baltimore and want to make sure I don't even walk on the same side of the street as this person! :nono:

I bug my stylist to death! I watch her when I'm at her station and when we're at the shampoo bowl and I can't see I ask her... "What are you putting in my hair now?... What is it for?... Is it protein in it?" I do NOT play. I've got her either trained or irritated so much that she now starts announcing what she's about to do.

Does she own that salon? Did she not tell you she was cutting it? I'd complain to the owners and then to the Cosmetology Board or someplace because she overprocessed your hair and you asked her to remove it from your previously processed hair. That's despicable behavior! See, this is why I do not go to salons myself. I've also had a bad incident.

Some stylist trim as they are rollersetting, i dont know if that was the case for you.

I am planning to go to a stylist in December, now I am really scared.
I am really sorry about what happened to you, its like she was just out to get you, thats a crazy experience. I hope the rest of your hair is not damaged dear.

Oh, I'm really NOT going to a salon again. How do they expect to give a nice style if trimming while rollersetting? I'm breaking out in hives now.

I am sorry this has happend to you (((((HUGS)))))

9-16-08 I went from Full APL back to SL
12-31-09 I am going to be Full BSL as a result of this =)

When I go to my stylits I am very Specific

NO MORE TRIMS
NO Full Relaxer Only Touch Up and A Color rinse!
Just RELAX my NG only

Oh, I'm really NOT going to a salon again. How do they expect to give a nice style if trimming while rollersetting? I'm breaking out in hives now.
LOL don't break out in hives!

I go to the salon like 3 times a year and that's it. I bring my own denman brush because I refuse to let them comb my hair with those tiny combs. I also bring my own deep conditioner because honestly I don't trust them LOL I don't let anybody trim my hair and I watch them like a hawk. The last time I was there they got away with not rollersetting my hair and just blowdrying it. I don't even know how I allowed that, but for the most part I have learned that its MY hair and MY money and they're providing a service. I am nice about it but it took me a while to be like this. They can definitely be pushy. One woman got upset at me because she wanted to cut my hair and I said no cuz I don't let strangers cut my hair. Oh brother get over it :rolleyes:

Bless ur newbie cotton sox..lol

I have had stylist drama upon stylist drama...and one thing i've realised is that you cant be passive...you need to put your foot down or LEAVE!

When i went for my last touch up, i tried a new hair dresser. She seemed so nice and was telling me how she was into healthy hair care....i was like....me and her might get on:rolleyes:
I explained that i wanted a touch up on my NG only and showed her the NG, she wouldnt even look properly and was explaining in a nice way that she could see it clearly because i had stretched my relaxer out for soo long, and well done for doing that...bla bla bla,

She then proceeded to part my hair into four then slap relaxer on 3 quarters of the length of my hair:blush:(I'm APL, and my NG was about 2 inches)
I got up and was like wash this off NOW! Everyone looked at me funny. The owner of the shop came and was like, Its just a small section let me relax the rest for you? I was like, NO thank you. WASH NOW. Would you believe these creatures where still trying to beg me and i had relaxer in the back of my hair?
I was spitting fire by now.:wallbash:
The owner rinsed and neutralised my hair roughly and i left....with wet hair and a shower cap. NO payment.

I still fell proud of myself for that cos I'd have started another woe is me thread if i had let them continue.lol

With time, you'll learn. If you see anything you don't like, get up n leave. You dont owe them nothing....and if you let them, you'll pay them to damage your hair. No more Miss Nice girl with me. I'm done letting stooopid stylists ruin my hair.

I'll say this and hope I don't offend anybody. But when we were little, we heard horror stories as well. G-d bless my Mrs. Chappelle, who was a true stylist and never damaged my hair. But girls would tell how they, siblings, cousins, neighbors had nice hair and the jealous stylist ruined it. I had a jealous hideous horrid excuse for a woman MIScut my hair and she was rough and evil. First time I went without my mummy! I had been raised to respect folx. Never again! Well, never again allowing them to slap over the relaxer. That's horrible. They mean to destroy the hair.

Sorry that happened to you deafprincess. I'm scared to go to stylists myself because some will cut your hair on the sly, and some are even more determined when you tell them not to!

OMG, I am so, so sorry this happened to you. I just don't know what to say. She did what you asked/told her not to do and that hurts(have been there many times myself). Sending good hair vibes your way sweetie b/c I know the feeling....:giveheart:

Oh my! And aren't you the one with the other friend that had a huge problem with her stylist? Yall just can't catch a break.

How was she able to cut your hair without you knowing?!?!? I'm not understanding how you wouldn't have known/felt, etc.

I'm sorry that you were betrayed, I know you are hot as fish grease :wallbash:
That was my first thought when I saw her name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back