My hairstylist made me so mad!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry this happen but I have a few questions

1. Did you pay her?
2. (I am with Fabulousity on this one) How could you not know she was cutting your hair?
3. You had that much ng that you didn't realize she was going from root to tip?
4. There was no hair on the floor when she finished. Since you were almost apl, I would think that there was a lil bit. Dang was she hiding it

I do not care whose hands are in my hair, I am watching everything that they do.
My old stylist used to get made when I used to hold the mirror up to see what she was doing.

Not ragging on you, I am just curious

I'm glad you stay on top of your stylists like a hawk... but OP truly did not know! I don't know about the stylists you go to, but i feel as if stylists go out of their way to hide cutting / trimming your hair.

plus... (and no offense OP, just making a point in your defense)

originally posted by deafprincess2007
need i say more?

many stylists have you facing away from the mirror... so it'd be fairly difficult for her to notice any cutting going on.

I'm glad you stay on top of your stylists like a hawk... but OP truly did not know! I don't know about the stylists you go to, but i feel as if stylists go out of their way to hide cutting / trimming your hair.

need i say more?

many stylists have you facing away from the mirror... so it'd be fairly difficult for her to notice any cutting going on.

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. When I saw your avatar, I figured there was no way for you to notice that there were scissors cutting your hair, and that makes me even more infuriated about this whole situation! Man, I can't for the life of me trust stylists. Sometimes I know there are haters out there too. Fortunately though, my cousin introduced me to this stylist who has long hair herself, and most of her clients have very long hair, adn so she's not a hater for sure, and a trim is simply a trim and not a cut.

This may sound bad to a lot of people, but back in the day when I had issues with AA stylists, I used to go to European salons and get my hair trimmed by them, I NEVER had an incident where someone cut my hair drastically like that. NOt saying that every AA stylist is a hater on a girl with long hair, but sometimes, it just seems that way.

I just don't understand why that lady would do that. First off a touch up, means just that touch up the virgin new growth, not the whole head. And who the hell cuts hair when it's curly? I'm sorry about that. I would have told the lady about herself.

I do NOT play. I've got her either trained or irritated so much that she now starts announcing what she's about to do.
LOL!!

but seriously, I am so very sorry that your salon visit turned out the way it did. :sad:This is a lesson to those of us to are brave enough to go to a salon - make sure they know to only relax the NG, make sure you agree on how much will be cut (if any) and watch like a hawk while they do it. I am a little confused about how she cut it without your knowing - did she turn the chair away from the mirror so that you could not see?

Sorry hun. *hugs*

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. When I saw your avatar, I figured there was no way for you to notice that there were scissors cutting your hair, and that makes me even more infuriated about this whole situation! Man, I can't for the life of me trust stylists. Sometimes I know there are haters out there too. Fortunately though, my cousin introduced me to this stylist who has long hair herself, and most of her clients have very long hair, adn so she's not a hater for sure, and a trim is simply a trim and not a cut.

This may sound bad to a lot of people, but back in the day when I had issues with AA stylists, I used to go to European salons and get my hair trimmed by them, I NEVER had an incident where someone cut my hair drastically like that. NOt saying that every AA stylist is a hater on a girl with long hair, but sometimes, it just seems that way.

:yep: at bolded.

So sorry my dear. Does she have a license? I had something similar happen with the stylist putting perm all over my hair, but it was too late. Lucky for you , you made her wash it out in time.

This may sound bad to a lot of people, but back in the day when I had issues with AA stylists, I used to go to European salons and get my hair trimmed by them, I NEVER had an incident where someone cut my hair drastically like that. NOt saying that every AA stylist is a hater on a girl with long hair, but sometimes, it just seems that way.[/quote

This is interesting, I thought white stylist cut hair wet. The only time I went to a white stylist she cut my hair dripping wet and it turned out a hot mess. I think I will look into this.

see this is why you need to learn how to do your hair yourself, find a stylist you know cares for your hair and speak up.

im sorry this happened to you.
my stylist damn near cried when i asked her for layers and refused to do them. im happy she didnt do it. i was a minor then so she wouldnt do it without the conscent of my parents. when she trims me she only dusts. she is adament(sp? cant think of the word i really want to use. dont you hate when that happens?) that my hair will grow down my back. she has been doing my next door neighbors hair since she was like 5 years old (now 40+) and her hair is mbl and thick.

find someone who loves you enough to listen to what you want and tell you if you need it or not. my stylist is an older lady and i love her like she is a grandmother and she loves me and that makes all the difference.

Something similar happened to me a while ago. I wasn't in the salon, i wasn't APL but my mom was rollersetting my hair. At that time, i didn't know about hair care and neither did i know how to rollerset my damn hair. Next thing you know, my mom finishes with the rollersetting and i look down at the floor.....SHE HAD CUT MY HAIR!!! I didn't even feel anything, and she didn't even ask me anything she just went and cut it!!! I was so fu.c.ki.ng mad. How can you do that to someone's hair without asking? Plus, my mom acts like she knows about haircare jesus!!

I hope you didnt pay her cuz you could have done that to yourself for free! sory this happened

Last edited:
You have to kidding me right!!! She was almost apl now she is sl and didnt feel or see anything? Regardless of whether or not she was facing a mirror, after the idiot(stylist) put the relaxer on from root to tip that would have been a sure sign to watch her like a "hawk"

oh btw, love your hair color:grin:

need i say more?

I'm so sorry this happened to you dear. This is worse than this stylist that was trying to do my hair and eat pig skins at the same time. Do yourself a favor and find you a stylist who listens to you. Your hair will thank you for it.

This girl was eatin some funky Frito's while she was braiding my hair (microbraids...4 years ago).:nono:

One time I had a hair stylist sneak into my bedroom and try to cut my hair when I was sleeping! How dare she! Thank God I'm a light sleeper!!

WOW...
I'm just trying to get my head around how she cut your hair to shoulder length without you realising... until you got home too.

I'm just confused.

My hairdresser probably gets sick of me asking so many questions and telling her what NOT to do and everything, but when I'm trying to grow my hair to BSL and I'm paying 65 pounds for a touch up and treatment, you best believe I'm watching her in the mirror just like a hawk :bat:.

I understand totally, my stylist used to always do that 'stealth' cut on me and I wouldnt see him cut off inches or hear it or feel it, I just would have no clue, it was horrible! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back