My hair Smells Like a Perm

Country gal

according to my co workers. It spells like burnt hair to me. I sweated out my hair yesterday. So I retouched up my hair with the maxi glide. I couldn't find my andis. When I came into work today, everyone was like what is that spell. My clear coworkers said it spells like a perm. My AA co-worker says it spells like the salon. It spells like burnt hair to me. :perplexed:perplexed Now I realize why I don't like maxi glide. It gives my hair the burnt spell. I don't get that odor with my trusted andis flat iron.

Re: My hair Spells Like a Perm

Sorry about that smell--I HATE burned hair smell too. But I am glad to hear about the Andis. I have that flat iron and have never used it and am glad to hear how good it is.

No I didn't wash my hair. I just flat iron the hair to make it straighter. I typically will do that but usually with my andis.

ANdis is nothing but the truth. I was mad because I couldn't find it. I have a bad habit of not putting stuff back to where it belongs. I had left in down stairs.:perplexed

Your hair might be extra smelling burnt from the blowout....that and sweat mixed in?? Don't know...

Have you ever steamed ironed dirty jeans.....:look:, not a very pleasant smell:nono:

I get what you are saying. Here is the problem. I have worned my hair straight before. I have also restraighted my hair the next morning after a workout with out washing my hair. It spells the same way my hair did on Saturday when I had a dominican blowout.

Did you say you used the MG to straighten it? My maxiglide can leave a burnt smell too unfortunately :ohwell:

Sorry I don't have any recommendations....maybe some other ladies will chime in. I just happened to be wondering...whenever you get a press if your hair "does" come out with a slightly burnt smell...what can you do about it??

according to my co workers. It spells like burnt hair to me. I sweated out my hair yesterday. So I retouched up my hair with the maxi glide. I couldn't find my andis. When I came into work today, everyone was like what is that spell. My clear coworkers said it spells like a perm. My AA co-worker says it spells like the salon. It spells like burnt hair to me. :perplexed:perplexed Now I realize why I don't like maxi glide. It gives my hair the burnt spell. I don't get that odor with my trusted andis flat iron.

Hmmmm :perplexed I wouldn't like this comment at all !!! :rolleyes: so perms smell like burnt hair? :ohwell: this whole situation is creepy... maybe you can go home early??

Last edited:

Maybe that's why. You should never put heat on dirty hair. Especially if it has been sweated out. :perplexed

Did you say you used the MG to straighten it? My maxiglide can leave a burnt smell too unfortunately :ohwell:

Sorry I don't have any recommendations....maybe some other ladies will chime in. I just happened to be wondering...whenever you get a press if your hair "does" come out with a slightly burnt smell...what can you do about it??

No it doesn't. I remember commenting to my AA stylist how come my hair doesn't smell. She said it wouldn't because I didn't burn your hair.

Last edited:

wait... andis? the $15 flat iron you can get from wal-mart?

that's better than a maxiglide?

hmm... i have an andis in my closet... it's okay, but maybe because i don't know how to flat-iron correctly?

Hmmmm :perplexed I wouldn't like this comment at all !!! :rolleyes: so perms smell like burnt hair? :ohwell: this whole situation is creepy... maybe you can go home early??

Haha. The perms that are used on AA hair is probably different then the perms that Clear folks use. It has different results. I wasn't offended I just won't be using my Maxi glide.

hmm... i have an andis in my closet... it's okay, but maybe because i don't know how to flat-iron correctly?

Maxi glide to me doesn't live up to the hype. My hair is natural and I find the steam action doesn't help. I also use it with out the stream action and it still doesn't get my hair straight as my andis. It may work better on relaxed hair.

It's probably because you ironed dirty hair. I wouldn't worry about it. The maxiglide doesn't give me the burnt smell.

countrygal can i ask you a question? what setting did you have the mp on? it may be that it is on too high a temp.

I have an Andis blow dryer and it's great for straightening roots!

:lachen:
I thought it was some kind of "can you find the word that doesn't fit" game. I was wondering why no one else said anything. lol

No offense Countrygal. :spinning:

Yeah after like the 5th 'spell' in the same paragraph I'm like this gotta be on purpose :lol:

Anyway, flat ironing sweaty hair sounds like it would smell, or 'spell'. Not a good idea.

Clearly you knew I meant smell. I don't bother to deal with spell check or contantly edit my work.

Actually, that wasn't clear. Maybe if the "p" key was next to the "m" key, but it's not. :look: A number of us were :perplexed, :ohwell:, and :scratchch because it happened more than once... twice... okay- SIX times. :nuts: :lachen:

Last edited:
Back