My hair doesnt MOVE.

kels823 said:
Bmore - I really didnt use nething. And whatever I did use I used very lightly. So Im confused. Oh well. :(

Could it be your shampoo or something? My hair always blows in the wind when it has no product in it. When it's full of crap or not straightened good enough it won't budge. Also your hairs short right? It might just be because of the length. My hair didn't move at all when it was short.

Bmore - Well last nite I only cowashed and DCd, didnt poo. Im thinking the culprit IS my length. Im gonna try the Laciox2 when I get it and see if it makes a diff. But if not then Ill just have to assume its my length.....

kels823 said:
Well I DCd last nite and used only Biosilk Therapy and Sunsilk 24/7 in the pink bottle on my wet hair then wrapped/air dryed over nite. This morning I mixed Chi with a little Keracare Oil before I flat ironed it. It still doesnt move when I turn my head, etc but its def. ALOT lighter. Im hoping that as my hair grows it will move more.... :ohwell:

I've heard that over conditioning can cause build up, too. That could be one culprit:mad:

Hey Kels!! :wave:

Everyone's given you great advice - clarify, less product, etc - so I have nothing more to add. I just wanted to say I love your avatar, and the darker hair color is great on you!
:Flahsssss

JLuv - Thanks!! I will prolly clarify on Friday evening which is my next poo day. Hope to see a difference!!

TBeBe - Thanks girl!! It did the dark thing all on its own... :eek: But I like it too!

I so appreciate every responding... :)

kels823 said:
Well I DCd last nite and used only Biosilk Therapy and Sunsilk 24/7 in the pink bottle on my wet hair then wrapped/air dryed over nite. This morning I mixed Chi with a little Keracare Oil before I flat ironed it. It still doesnt move when I turn my head, etc but its def. ALOT lighter. Im hoping that as my hair grows it will move more.... :ohwell:

too much product, 4 different items, try 1 leave in and a 1 heat protectant

Destiny - Wow I didnt even realize that I used 4 products. I only used a little of each but still. Thanks for pointing that out! But will the Chi as a heat protectant add moisture to my hair? Chi doesnt really make my hair shiny or nething. I want to keep my situation moisturized... :look: :lol:

kels823 said:
Destiny - Wow I didnt even realize that I used 4 products. I only used a little of each but still. Thanks for pointing that out! But will the Chi as a heat protectant add moisture to my hair? Chi doesnt really make my hair shiny or nething. I want to keep my situation moisturized... :look: :lol:

I don't think the Chi infusion is a moisturizer

I didn't read through the entire post (guilty) but I want to help. My tip is always add whatever you want to WET hair, but when you add anything to dry hair it begins to weigh it down. PM me for greater detail.

I went from stiff hair to swiggin shaky hair in one wash because of this method. It works!

You have to use the SILK THERAPY as a setting lotion by itself, wrap your hair and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap 15 Min. or you can flat iron it if you don"t dry it under the dryer.

hairmaster said:
You have to use the SILK THERAPY as a setting lotion by itself, wrap your hair and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap 15 Min. or you can flat iron it if you don"t dry it under the dryer.

You ain't has NEVER lied.:yup: Farouk Chi serums or Redken Glass 01, give you the BEST wraps and rollersets. Thats my key to the best hair. Oils (especially carrier oils with a lot of vegetables with fatty acids) weigh hair down, especially at the ends. Vegatable gylercerine is also very good, but you have to make sure you mix it will with water.

Hairmaster.... If you don't post at least 5 times a week... i am going to cyber spank you:spank: and you won't like it!

For me it matters how I dry it. If it dries in rollers, knots, or pin curls, I get movement. Ponytail or otherwise straight drying = stiff city. My hair did not start swinging until I started doing deep conditions every week, and using a lighter touch on moisturizer and oil at night. I, too, was very heavy handed because I thought it just wasn't seeping in..Well more is not MORE when it comes to hair.

Serums don't do anything for me but make my hair goopy and heavy. I have to use a REAL light light touch and do my best to maintain a deep condition, and not try to moisturize by nighttime cremes alone.

Back