My First Decent Twist Out of the New Year! Pics

GabbanaGirl

Ok I have done many-a twist out, and for the most part I pretty much wished them into the cornfield because it was a crap shoot whether or not they would come out right! I have seen some good ones, and I have seen some that made me look...yeah those basically never saw the light of day.

I only took a few pics, because my camera was dying on me, but I do have a youtube video and you can see more of my hair there...(you can find that info by going to my fotki, I don't think we can advertise blogs, and youtubes here anymore)

So here is what I did:

• I started by sectioning off my hair in four sections (one on the top, one near the nape, and the same on the other side of the head)
  • I clarified my hair with Neutrogena Anti Residue Shampoo (section by section)
  • I followed up with Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo, it is my fav!
  • After I have thoroughly shampooed my hair, I apply conditioner to each section. My conditioner of choice is Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment. After applying treatment to each section, I cover my head with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes (at 50 degrees).
  • I rinse all of the conditioner out (section by section) with COLD water, this helps seals the cuticle. I also take the time to detangle each section under running water with a detangling comb.
  • After detangling each section my hair is ready to be styled (my hair is still sectioned off at this point) I take down one quadrant, and add some Oyin Honey Hemp Condish (sparingly). I work it through the hair with my hands, and alternating with my Jilbere Shower Comb.
  • From that section, I take small-medium sized chunks of hair, and add a smidgen of miss jessie's curly pudding . Then I twist!! It normally takes me about two hours to complete the twists.
  • Once the twist are done, I spray Oyin's Juices & Berries all over my head, and take a little bit of Monoi De Tahiti Oil and rub that down each twist.
I left my twists in for about 4 or five days before taking them out. And here is the finished result;

380645458.jpg

380645461.jpg

I totally forgot to curl my ends, and for that I am kicking myself...but ah well, I will do it next time. For the ladies like myself that have yet to master the art of the twistout, try leaving the twists in for a few days! (I just wore my twists in a cute lil bun)

you and your hair are adorable! it took me all of a MINUTE to subscribe to your YT channel :look::lachen:

Why are your ends so straight? Are you still transitioning? However, it looks very pretty.

Why are your ends so straight? Are you still transitioning? However, it looks very pretty.

Nope, I have been natural for over ten years, I was a frequent heat abuser for the past 10 or so years, so there is a bit of heat damage there that needs to be cut. I would normally curl the ends with a roller, but since I wore the twists for so long, I didn't feel like it.

Nice definition.... I do agree that you should have curled the ends....but cute none the less.

Off to stalk ur fotki and YT channel

I have loved ur hair since the caruso set thread :yep:

Very pretty! I love the straight ends much better than curled ends...it looks more natural to me.

It came out really nice. How dry was your hair when u started twisting? I have been trying to perfect my twists. Checking out your yt.

I love your hair and you are one of my top hair inspirations(and fashion)! Ok spill the goods, where do you shop...I was just stalking your fotki...and your style and hair is impressive.....there are not to many people who grab my attention from a fashion stand point but YOU Dear are in a class by yourself!:thewave:

I love your hair and you are one of my top hair inspirations(and fashion)! Ok spill the goods, where do you shop...I was just stalking your fotki...and your style and hair is impressive.....there are not to many people who grab my attention from a fashion stand point but YOU Dear are in a class by yourself!:thewave:

WOW! Thank you!!! Thank you very much :-D Honestly...I shop ANYWHERE! I go to places like Forever 21, cheap little boutiques, discount stores like Nordstrom Rack, and even flea markets. I get most of my "expensive" things on sale from places like Saks, Barney's, and Nordstrom's. BUT. Only when they are on sale...I refuse (and can't afford to pay full price for everything) I normally mix "cheap" pieces with designer...lol I am the queen of that.

The twistout is great! I like to keep mine in for a few days as well to "set" the coils.

Just subscribed to your YT....much success and keep at it!

I love this look on you. It's beautiful! I noticed that you use a lot of indian powders and oils- (good for you)!! Can you tell me how you use the powders as a prepoo, and do you mix the powders with anything other than water to make the paste? Do you follow up the powders with a liquid shampoo? Thanks in advance for responding. Good luck with your no heat regimen for the next year! I know you can do it, and your hair will thank you later by beig more gorgeous and healthy than ever!!!:grin:

Back