My April Twist Out Pics

I don't see anything wrong with your twist-out, it looks really nice. The pictures really don't capture the frizz you are talking about. My only suggestion would be to leave the twist in for about two days to ensure that your hair is completely dry to eliminate frizz. The only other thing I can think of is just being really careful about how much you are manipulating your hair when taking the twist out.

I will have to do the twists neater next time to be able to wear them over a course of two days. I happened to do them over again tonight...i forgot I had this natural twist & loc gel that I got from Whole Foods a while back:

IMG_3377-vi.jpg

Mandarin Melody Loc & Twist Jelly (4oz.)
http://sheago.com/hairbutters.html

An herbal citrus quartet of lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit. An all natural loc setting gel that doesn’t leave the residue of butters or beeswax. We had to bring the consulting team of natural cosmetologists in on this one. It’s an immaculate formulation.

Recommendations: Locs & twists maintenance or for newly forming locs, setting gel for afros: braid hair the night before, take down in the morning and it will hold its style (very pretty).

So far I like how the twists are drying...we shall see in the morning and I will post updated pics. I will try to be more careful taking them down...I do try to fluff it up some for volume but that's probably causing a lot of the frizz. They seemed to be dry when I took them down the other day, but I know an extra day may help them set in the future. I may try that over the weekend since it will be a low key one for me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, I think I found a winning combo!! I used Shea Moisture Leave In and the Mandarin Melody Twist & Loc Gel. They came out smooth, shiny, defined, SOFT, and more elongated.
IMG_6978-vi.jpg

This time I didn't seperate the twists other than unravelling and I "placed" the pieces in the back rather than "fluffing" and manipulating it too much. We'll see how it holds up. I think it may be a keeper...yay! :)

Last edited:
thanks lady! I'm so glad I remembered I had this stuff! I would definitely recommend it for people needing a natural hold for their twist sets.

VERY CUTE!!!:grin::grin:

Hair looking like "Joan from Girlfriends".....

Oh, how I wish my hair was thick, my braid outs look like i have been electrocuted!!!! :nono:

Wow, your second attempt at the twist-out came out even better! I am going to have to try the gel you used. I don't think I have ever seen this at Whole Foods.

DAYMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNN that is SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you put the gel and shea butter on dry or damp hair??

Have you ever tried the ORS twist and lock gel?

Ok, so this is the last of my twist out trials. This time I tried the Lustrasilk Shea Butter Conditioner and the Mandarin Melody Twist & Loc Gel. I really like todays results! I think I ended up doing slightly smaller twists, and I parted differently. Before I was twisting my hair in halves (right and left) and I would end up with a part down the middle that was hard to blend. This time I worked in twisting in rows from the bottom up.

These two products worked wonderfully together! I have control and less initial frizz after untwisting which is a good sign, but my hair is still very soft and shiny and light feeling (meaning doesn't feel like there's much product in it)

IMG_7022-vi.jpg

IMG_7026-vi.jpg

DAYMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNN that is SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you put the gel and shea butter on dry or damp hair??

Have you ever tried the ORS twist and lock gel?

Thanks! My hair was completely soaking wet when I applied the gel and conditioners. No I have not tried the ORS stuff.

Back