MY Ex-SO oppioin on black girls hair

Dannygirl

Well one day we got into it about hair because I was telling him I going natrual (his hispic, I love him to death but we better as freind even though he still treats me as a gf) He was so excited because his like about time!

:look: I was like ........... what????.........:confused: ........

Then he said black girls look so much pretty with natrual head of hair I dont undestand y you girls perm it anyways? his like in his country lotta girls wear their hair natrual in all its "nappiness"... and I just smiled because I was so use to hearing form differnet people and my own that "nappy" is bad hair but he said its beautiful I was like I love you for that... :grin:

Were we talking to the wrong guy? I used to talk to this Dominican guy. I was at a loss with what to do with my hair. I asked him if I should twist it or straighten it. He couldn't get twists out of his mouth fast enough. He said that it makes me stand out and that my hair was so pretty that there was no reason straightening it.

Were we talking to the wrong guy? I used to talk to this Dominican guy. I was at a loss with what to do with my hair. I asked him if I should twist it or straighten it. He couldn't get twists out of his mouth fast enough. He said that it makes me stand out and that my hair was so pretty that there was no reason straightening it.

No advice but I just wanna say you on the same level as me witht he spelling:lachen: . Girl I noticed the last couple of threads you made your spelling was off. It's just funny to me because I have HORRIBLE spelling here and I thought I was alone.:grin:

hahha i know i noticed that to!! im sitting here like damn.. my spelling is offff.. making me weak but hey its all good long as you can "kinnda" or gernaly understand me then I'm good.

Dannygirl said:
hahha i know i noticed that to!! im sitting here like damn.. my spelling is offff.. making me weak but hey its all good long as you can "kinnda" or gernaly understand me then I'm good.

LOL! Girl I be rushign and I type so fast and I don't care.

I think hispanics likes to see black women wear their hair natural. On two occasions when I was wearing an afro-y braid-out, a hispanic tried to hollar at me while I was driving.. (-:

That's a beautiful thing he said. I agree with you. It's sad, but I feel like more non-Black men appreciate our natural features than our own. I was natural for 2.5 years, so that I could give my hair a break. I wore many different styles and found that non-Black men loved when I wore "afros" and kinky curls, while some Black men seemed to want to know why I cut off my long, pretty hair (some thought I was turning into a feminist :lol: :lol: ).

cocoberry10 said:
That's a beautiful thing he said. I agree with you. It's sad, but I feel like more non-Black men appreciate our natural features than our own. I was natural for 2.5 years, so that I could give my hair a break. I wore many different styles and found that non-Black men loved when I wore "afros" and kinky curls, while some Black men seemed to want to know why I cut off my long, pretty hair (some thought I was turning into a feminist :lol: :lol: ).

:lachen: :lachen: yes! i know... jeeze.. i know so many men like that....:ohwell:

you know, now that you ladies are mentioning it, i noticed my SO (half black half puerto rican) likes that straight long hair over anything else...but one day, when i was on the train, i got into a conversation with a puerto rican guy and i had JUST went natural (like a day or a couple before) and i was bashing my short hair saying that its too short and i didn't like it and he said that he liked it and that it makes me look romantic....

i'm thinking that a lot of men of the hispanic persuasion lol like our hair natural because it looks more "exotic" than bone-straight hair...we look wilder, and more free-- i also think that personally, natural hair is a big confidence booster because you feel like its "all you" and you can just flaunt it! i think the confidence & exotic factor definitely plays a big role....i've also encountered some people who've thought that straight hair looks like we're "imitating" (i don't even know if i really believe this....:ohwell:) instead of being "ourselves" so its refreshing to see ladies (to some people) who are "natural" versus "unnatural" (once again don't know if i beliveve this!)...

but it is nice to see men who feel that way...lol gives me some confidence on that end! lol :cool:

meia said:
you know, now that you ladies are mentioning it, i noticed my SO (half black half puerto rican) likes that straight long hair over anything else...but one day, when i was on the train, i got into a conversation with a puerto rican guy and i had JUST went natural (like a day or a couple before) and i was bashing my short hair saying that its too short and i didn't like it and he said that he liked it and that it makes me look romantic....

i'm thinking that a lot of men of the hispanic persuasion lol like our hair natural because it looks more "exotic" than bone-straight hair...we look wilder, and more free-- i also think that personally, natural hair is a big confidence booster because you feel like its "all you" and you can just flaunt it! i think the confidence & exotic factor definitely plays a big role....i've also encountered some people who've thought that straight hair looks like we're "imitating" (i don't even know if i really believe this....:ohwell:) instead of being "ourselves" so its refreshing to see ladies (to some people) who are "natural" versus "unnatural" (once again don't know if i beliveve this!)...

but it is nice to see men who feel that way...lol gives me some confidence on that end! lol :cool:
I agree w/ both. My last boyfriend was Italian and he loved my air-dried hair (which would curl up quite a bit) better than when I flat-ironed it). And he used to rub my new-growth? :look: :lol:

Also, I agree that the natural is a big confidence and identity booster for some. This was definitely a motivator in restarting my transitioning :yep:

MizaniMami said:
No advice but I just wanna say you on the same level as me witht he spelling:lachen: . Girl I noticed the last couple of threads you made your spelling was off. It's just funny to me because I have HORRIBLE spelling here and I thought I was alone.:grin:

I guess you haven't been looking at my spelling or grammar:eek:
I can write when i want to. If anyone ever notice that too.

Back