My daughter's journey-Thanks LHCF!

AJamericanDiva

My daughter\'s journey-Thanks LHCF!

It seems like just yesterday when I debated as to whether or not I should relax my daughter's hair. At the time she was nine. With her thick hair and major shrinkage, wash day was something that was to be carefully planned and not rushed into. Extra care would have to be taken in the care of her hair. Going into my 6th month of pregnancy and constantly feeling physically worn out (nothing to do with her hair, but pregnancy in general... Ladies, I was carrying a LOAD. Let's just say I gave birth to a nine pound baby, so you know what I was working with!
shocked.gif
), I decided to let my daughter get her first relaxer. As the chemical was being applied, I wondered to myself whether or not I made a mistake I'd later regret. On the other hand, I knew I was armed with a wealth of knowledge from my sisters at LHCF and BHCAB. I thank all of you as this knowledge has paid off. Here's the link <font color="red">Miss K's Journey</font> or please see my album in my signature and check out my daughter's hair album entitled "Miss K's Journey" should in case this direct link not work. She just got a relaxer on Friday past. The amount of growth is so phenomenal. At the rate she's going, does this mean she'll be past her "imaginary" brastrap soon? (She'll soon be wearing a bra... at 10 she has now entered what I call her "niblets" stage.
lachen70.gif
) She's pretty tall and I know she'll end up taller than me. Does her growth look so phenomenal because she's not yet 5'8"? That's my height.... Ok, it's late and I'm rambling. Just wanted to say a great big "Thank you" to my sisters here at LHCF and BHCAB for arming me with all of the tools necessary to take both mine and my daughter's haircare into my own hands.
kiss.gif
(((((Group Hug))))) I only see a hairdresser for relaxers. Everything else I do myself. Oh, yeah... her hair type is like lil' pen coils in it's natural state.... I believe that's 4a.
smile.gif

I hope yahoo ain't acting up so ya'll can see the pics. I'm in the process of switching over to fotki.

Re: My daughter\'s journey-Thanks LHCF!

Forgot to add that I try and teach her about the proper way to take care of her hair, that way when she's older and has to do it herself you won't hear any of those stories, "My hair used to be long when my Mom did it but then I...." fill in the blank. I'm like a school teacher, "Why did I moisturize your hair and put the ends away." Her reply, "Because if you don't it'll dry out, split and break off." She claims her goal is to have hair so long that it drags on the floor... "Yeah, RIGHT!!!"
whyme.gif

Her hair is beautiful. It grew fast from April to August. Keep up the good hair care, the both of you!

what a cutie! her hair has grown tremendously and she looks adorable. keep up the good work.

Her hair is awesome AJD. It's thickened up quite a bit too!
What regime do u have her on ?

Thanks, LovelyMissYoli, CharUK, MsPortugal, DSD, MissBrown, Deborah11, myhairsos, SweetNicJA, Sassygirl125 and SingStar12 for all of the wonderful compliments. I'll be sure to let my daughter read them so it will encourage her to take good care of her hair.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SweetNic_JA said:
Her hair is awesome AJD. It's thickened up quite a bit too!
What regime do u have her on ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I shampoo and condition her hair once a week with Pantene Relaxed and Naturals or Keracare Hydrating/Detangling Shampoo &amp; Keracare Humecto Conditioner. As I leave-in I either use the Salerm 21 or the Razac for perm, followed by a light spritz of S-curl. It is placed into a ponytail to airdry with the ponytail loosely braided. Once it's dry, I part the hair and saturate it with S-curl followed with a light oil. It is then put into a kiddie ponytail style... 2-4 pigtails with ends rolled up and barettes at the ends. It is left that way until the next wash day. Hair is tied at night with silky tie head.
smile.gif
No vitamin regimen for her or anything.... Just good care, I guess! All of my family and friends have been commenting on my daughter's hair... gone from "dry head pickney" to long flowing locks... you yardie's should understand!
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i12sitonmyhair said:
Nice pics! Her hair looks like it's in great shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Gurl!!! I guess my daughter's like you... but she not only wants to sit on her hair but have it drag on the floor... I think with all that floor dragging, it'll definitely get split and damaged, then she'd have to cut a whole lot off... I better speak to her about this!!!
lachen70.gif

She is beautiful just like her mom. Thanks for sharing your pics.

You've done a great job mommy! Her hair has grown so much.
smile.gif

Thanks Alli7, Queeny20, Sascha and Deeshortesthair! Queeny, you're making me blush!!!

My message to the discouraged 4a/4bs on the board!!! Be encouraged!!! Our hair can grow to lengths that we wouldn't even imagine. TRUST ME!!! This is coming from someone that KNOWS!!! I nor my daughter have nothing resembling "water wave" hair on our heads. Yes, we have to make a conscious effort to maintain what we have, but it can be done!!! Think positive. As I've been told by one of my hair inspirations... "The only difference between you and me is time!" Your hair is growing anyway, so focus on preservation. WE CAN DO THIS!!! Happy growing, Ladies!!!

WOW, she's had some nice progress. Keep up the good work, her hair looks great!

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
You're doing a great job!

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Lee!!! How's my boy, by the way....
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bklynqueen said:
Your daughter's hair looks wonderful!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Bklynqueen!!! How do you like your Silkening from Curve? I considered it for my daughter prior to relaxing her hair the first time, but the price threw me for a curve... no pun intended!
lachen70.gif
Is Sistagirl a group or something? You look great!!! I love the pics!
smile.gif

I can't believe that Thanksgiving made my daughter's one year anniversary of getting relaxers. She's made sooo much progress!!! My, how time flies! Her album link is in the very first post "Miss K's Journey".

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said: I'm like a school teacher, "Why did I moisturize your hair and put the ends away." Her reply, "Because if you don't it'll dry out, split and break off."

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif You sound just like one! /images/graemlins/smile.gif At least you know she's listening to what you are saying and it's not just going in one ear and out the other!

OMG!! Diva, your daughter has made amazing progress! Mama really knows what she it doing. Keep up the good work!!

Back