My Breakage Cure...Heat! Does anyone's hair actually LIKE Heat???

I noticed that my hair sheds like crazy when I air dry. I haven't had any major problems with blow drying and flat ironing since I learned to do it right.

I'm glad to hear someone else say this. Last year I was like "is it my imagination, or does my hair look/feel/grow longer with a little heat"? The only thing I can figure is that the heat seals the cuticle and seals in the quality products that most of us use. Even still, I am afraid of heat. I am quite confused now, as I just lost 3-4 inches to breakage and subsequent trim. What I had been doing different is using TheTruthIsHair's Coconut oil regimen. Coconut oil does make my hair feel soft, but I think in a cold climate it hardens and makes the hair too thick and actually causes it to break like a twig coated with ice in the winter. I am going to go back to ORS replenishing for a while because my hair doesn't like too much protein and LIGHTly run a 350 flat iron over it to make sure it stays detangled. I'll do a 1/8" dust with each relaxer which may not be for 3 more months.

Bumping bumping bumping!

I havent posted for the longest while and don't often. But I have recently found that my hair likes heat! I have been roller setting and wrapping one week and then rough drying with a blow dryer and flat ironing the next. I have found I have had much less breakage and better progress doing this and wondered if anyone else has found the same on their journey?

dede1129: I was just wondering if you and the others who say their hair likes heat are low porosity or high porosity?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My hair loves heat. I am no longer resisting using it. Heat along with using ayurvedic products equals happy hair for me. Today is my 13 month post BC and my hair loves it. I just blow dry and bun or I use the flat iron without the blow dryer to bun. I now have less dryness issues and I no longer hurt my hands to twist.:nono: I will do this 2X a month. So far, my hair is loving it. All I do is add castor oil to my buns and go. My heat protect is grape seed oil. My hair loves it. I now have a simple regimen for my yearlong protective style challenge. I will only do this during the winter. In the summer, I will just bun my hair wet.

Back