Heat protectors

Amour

What heat protectors do you guys use when blowdrying your hair, currently I am in a weave but with a little bit of hair left out which I straighten about every week or so. However I found a heat protector spray with the rest of my hair stuff that I rarely use anymore, I sprayed it onto my hair and tried to straighten my hair... however there was a burning like sound :(, like the spray was not protecting the hair, like its purpose was the opposite, is this normal?

anyone recommend a good heat protector, b/c i don't think I'll be using that anytime is a hurry again :cool:

i use silk elements but i blow dry maybe once every six months. i also use keracare leave in conditioner which also helps with blowdrying.

I just start using Softsheen-Carson Let's Jam Heat Styles. It worked fine for me. You apply it on damp hair and then you blow-dry your hair. My hair turned out really soft afterwards and not dry-looking. It protects up to 400 degress F.

For blow drying, wrapping or roller sets I use giovanni direct leave in.
dove intense replinishing mist is good too.

If Im going to use something to protect my hair when flat ironing I use Fx silk drops. I got it at walgreens and its pretty good. Not as greasy as garnier sleek n shine. I used to use that.

Back