My Boyfriend Wants Van Life And I Don't...

So she left us out in the cold, but I think we should just continue this thread, and construct a believable story about van life. Might not be about OP, but, you know, theoretically possible about somebody out there in the world.

Van Life
My boyfriend has always had a wanderlust not really conducive to living anything rooted to a foundation. One day he saw a Tiny Homes episode and said "ah ha! I know what we should invest in. A home that can be moved. But even better than that, what about a home that moves itself!" And thus that started our journey on this long road known as "Van Life"

My husband had gotten super excited about it at one point and then I got super real with him and told him I was hesitant about it because it smacks of homelessness.

I guess I would be ok with it for a few months for adventure but eventually I’d like to return to a home base

Im thinking about living in a van for a small period of time.
With all the things going on with my place im renting.
I think there mold in walls of the trailer.
This can give me time to save money and get a new place.
Its not for everyone.

Sorry to hear this. Have you ever thought about a small school bus?

I have no idea why this was in my recommended list but this lil black adjacent girl who lives in her van did one youtube video and had like 5 million folowers within a few days and got to 12 million followers with her second video.

Wow. She's adorable but those numbers are outrageously fast. It makes me wonder if someone at YouTube did boost her channel after all. Lol. Either way, she deserves it
..even if folks were auto subbed to her...its clear they stayed out of curiosity that this really pretty girl is living in a van. Hope she stays safe out there.

I have no idea why this was in my recommended list but this lil black adjacent girl who lives in her van did one youtube video and had like 5 million folowers within a few days and got to 12 million followers with her second video.

I watch her and she is funny and adorable. She is/has the optimal recipe for the YouTube algorithm. White pet python, young, pretty, carefree, "exotic" looking (Filipino and Ethiopian), well edited videos, genuine comedic timing etc. She actually has 1.4 million YouTube subscribers with the above numbers being views as opposed to followers. Her third video already has 1 million views. Even if her CPM (cost per thousand views) rate is on the low end like $1.50, with 20 million views (3 videos) total so far, that is $30,000.

Last edited:
I watched her and she is funny and adorable. She is/has the optimal recipe for the YouTube algorithm. White pet python, young, pretty, carefree, "exotic" looking (Filipino and Ethiopian), well edited video, genuine comedic timing etc. She actually has 1.4 million YouTube subscribers with the above numbers being views as opposed to followers. Her third video already has 1 million views. Even if her CPM (cost per thousand views) rate is on the low end like $1.50, with 20 million views (3 videos) total so far, that is $30,000.
I watched and she is adorable .
The carefree black girl in me is cheering her on, but the adult in me is worried for her. Ive had some experience with peeping tom/random men stalkers and that was in an apartment!
She just seems so vulnerable. I heard her mention her van getting broken into and :nono: I just don't know if broadcasting this personal stuff is a good idea for a woman

Spoiler please? How does she shower?

Spoiler please? How does she shower?

Gyms mostly. She has a system which is like a bag attached to water, but I think she would be outside and attracting bugs or something so Gym it is.

I watched Crystal Vanner and in some interview she cleaned herself with hot water inside the van but was also going to start using a gym or some sort of day pass.

On another note, seriously rolling my eyes at all the butt hurt white males in her youtube comments questioning all her views. I was skeptical as well but when you search for van life , it seems most of the female youtubers have millions of views. Vanlife vids in general have millions of views on there. She's cute and quirky so I subscribed and hope she and lil Alfredo get alllll the coins :lol:

I imagine all of these kids are orphans or something. I attribute all of this to some horrible backstory.

Even for vacations and road trips, why not an RV or camper, so you don’t have to chase down a toilet and shower each time.

You're kind of right about the orphan part. She mentioned having a dysfunctional relationship with her parents and not speaking to them for like 2 years .

Back