My Boyfriend Wants Van Life And I Don't...

I guess it makes sense if you're young, have no kids, and no real responsibilities. Jennelle seems to have put a lot of time and thought in to her decision and she seems to be good with money. That said, I wouldn't want to do something like this. Living in a house provides me with too many luxuries I don't want to give up.

I guess it makes sense if you're young, have no kids, and no real responsibilities. Jennelle seems to have put a lot of time and thought in to her decision and she seems to be good with money. That said, I wouldn't want to do something like this. Living in a house provides me with too many luxuries I don't want to give up.
There are people with kids doing this. I fell down a rabbit hole.

I was looking at Airstreams and some of them are so nice. How cute is this thing:

best-airstream-bambi-ideas.jpg

zzzz2.jpg

Last edited:
My biggest fear about van life would be:

I'm completely panicked strickened about having all my earthly possessions stolen including the van. Then I'd be doing videos about shopping cart life with cardboard accessories.

There are a bunch of companies that jumped into the van customization game. They can add security features that can track the van and even shut it off like a kill switch. But yeah, that’s a big risk they take.

Personally, if I were young and childless I’d do this for year solo (with lots of weapons in my van, haha). I feel like I’m a nomad at heart and would love to travel around the country experiencing new things and meeting new people.
Here are some van builds I thought were cool

h

John, my former next door neighbor bought a bluebird school bus and tricked it out for #buslife. Our contractor neighbor helped him by installed granite (LOL) countertops and other housey elements. I didn't see it before he embarked on his journey, but my hubs said it looked nice. He'd already been working on #buslife, and then he house he lived in got sold. He moved into the neighbors' house until #buslife was completed.

Does anyone know how CPS views this? Are these people considered homeless and as such "in danger?"

LOL!! There are many factors but generally this would not warrant a CPS case in both Michigan and Virginia (the only two states in which I've worked in child welfare). Usually people who live this life also have at least a post office box at which to collect mail. As long as the children don't appear neglected or abused and are thriving (their medical/psychological/emotional needs are being met), there's no case. But I've been a SAHM for the last two years so standards may have changed. Lol.

About Vanlife, I personally love it. I had no idea it was this popular but I've been talking about it w DH. Since we're planning to unschool/homeschool our little one, I'd like to supplement history/science lessons with actual real world trips to see and feel those things.

I have a snake phobia so when she put Alfredo on top of her head, I was done. I thought it was fake as first. She’s just quirky and weird all the way around, but I want more from life for her.

I’m concerned...this whole thing seems trendy and illogical. If you have to or have incredibly limited options, okay - but the idea of taking gym showers & public bathroom poops for 2+ years is extreme. If you are 1 step from homelessness, I get it. Other than that, what’s wrong with an RV or even a tiny house?

I have a snake phobia so when she put Alfredo on top of her head, I was done. I thought it was fake as first. She’s just quirky and weird all the way around, but I want more from life for her.

I’m concerned...this whole thing seems trendy and illogical. If you have to or have incredibly limited options, okay - but the idea of taking gym showers & public bathroom poops for 2+ years is extreme. If you are 1 step from homelessness, I get it. Other than that, what’s wrong with an RV or even a tiny house?
It’s probably because it’s easier to move around in a van then a tiny house or RV.

Most people can not afford the maintenance and upkeep of an RV. It sucks royally if you have plumbing issues or have to deal with a toilet composting system:look:Expect to be playing in your own fecal matter when ish hits the fan. From what I've heard from people IRL with campers there's almost always something wrong with the plumbing or water line.

With an RV you have to park in an area designated for campers with a water connecting line for each location. It can be a hassle and I'm not sure what the fees are associated with that . Van life you can park almost wherever you want free of charge.

Most gym facilities I've frequented are clean and have hot water and strong pressure. I'd go this route than the RV bathroom if I had to chose.

So I heard the swirl about this girl being a YT plant and I really didn’t care. But now I’m a believer that she’s being pushed by YT. She somehow appeared in my subscriber list and know for damn sure I didn’t subscribe to this little girl. Her video did popped up in my feed because I’m kinda obsessed with Van/RV life but her version of van life with the type of vehicle she has is NOT the lifestyle that interest me. I’m more into the luxury camper van channels, that are in the $1-200k range because I plan on customizing one for leisure travel.
I don’t hate on her having a successful channel but they need to cut that crap.

My friend's parents had an expensive part (forgot the part name) stolen off their RV. It was covered by insurance but was a pain to replace.

Back