My beautician said two dangers words we disgust on her that was BS!

Lilmama1011

My stylist stated 2 statements we discussed on here that we all know is absolute BS!

Had just my relaxer Monday and she said that I should get my hair trimmed every relaxer. But I heard you guys say that it's not actually true, if you don't need it you can prolong it especially if you wear protective styles like curls majority of the time your fine! I told her that I use to get my hair trimmed every relaxer and I didn't see any difference in growth and it seemed like my hair stayed one length for a couple of years which is shoulder length. She says well you did have the right beautician because I have growing hands! That two things I heard that was bs. Growing hands? Really? What makes her hands so perfect. I don't see the point of getting a half of inch of new growth just to give me a relaxer and cut a half of inch I grew. And the second time I get a relaxer you do the same thing. I see why my hair stayed in the same place! SL is a comfortable spot to be but not when you want to be longer. I should of seriously been waist length by now! And someone on here noticed also that the women with longer hair on here trim like once or twice a year, so thinking of doing that and just keeping curls for my protective styles because I don't think the other PS are flattering or doesn't look Right to me! But do the words she say seem like a warning? She does my relaxers and color and many people complain of their hair falling out who have a relaxer and color but my hair isn't falling out but I don't know bout that trim thing, sounds like she wants to scalp me! Lol

Last edited:
Someone did a thread and discussed stuff that wasn't true that beauticians told us. Like someone said they were told you must get a trim after every relaxer and they have growing hands so basically put your faith in them which is absolutely BS

Lil mama you gotta be mo careful with your titles. Chile I thought I was in the twilight zone. Tell yo beautician its some bountiful long haired women on here that can prove she is straight on some bs. LOL

firecracker said:
Lil mama you gotta be mo careful with your titles. Chile I thought I was in the twilight zone. Tell yo beautician its some bountiful long haired women on here that can prove she is straight on some bs. LOL

Ok, thanks for answering my questing tho....lol

Do not get a trim with every relaxer. She may be trying to get that lil extra money too. Just tell her you don't want it.

tru4reele said:
Do not get a trim with every relaxer. She may be trying to get that lil extra money too. Just tell her you don't want it.

Thanks because I know that doesn't seem logical but was still skeptical bout it, thanks for helping me cement my decision not to do it every relaxer

I agree. Every time she pull out those scissors she's chargin you an extra...what? 10 dollars? Those are her "growing hands". Each one out for all the different services she says you need to keep adding to your bill!

It's definitely not necessary every time you relax to trim, but I would learn how to self dust after every relaxer. When I say dust I mean cut off maybe an 1/8 of inch, basically a teeny weeny bit. Definitely not 1/2 inch or more. That will just keep your progress at a snails pace.

I

I dust every relaxer, not trim.

Growing hands, lol. One friend who relaxed my hair last year (didn't take) kept trying to convince me that she has growing hands after I told them that was a myth, she got really upset, showing me pictures and everything, and that it depends on the way she holds the scissors. (face palm). That if she holds the scissors this way, it grows, and if if she holds them that other way, it doesn't grow. I stopped listening after that. I never let her near my hair with scissors.

^^^ WOW :giggle: she was referencing her hands with growth and her hands without growth, with pictures :lachen: :lachen: so sorry I am laughing at your friend. :giggle:

OP I used to dust with every relaxer. Problem is most stylist CUT not trim. I did dust or trim with every relaxer. My hair grew fine.

It would also depend on how often you relaxed, I relaxed every four months. WHich is about how often I trim.

I don't get why beauticians are so obsessed with trimming/cutting hair. They should all be come barbers....

Yep. They just want to cut on folks hair all the time. I also think it has to do with getting more money. If I relax your hair, deep condition it and cut it, I am making a nice bit of change off of you.

I agree, besides the $, I think they see a cut or a good trim looks "better" and fresh when you go out their shop, when it might not be what you want at that stage on your hair journey.

DarkJoy said:
I agree. Every time she pull out those scissors she's chargin you an extra...what? 10 dollars? Those are her "growing hands". Each one out for all the different services she says you need to keep adding to your bill!

I was just about to ask how much she charges OP for a haircut. I'm sure its a few more $$ to the final bill.

OP your title had me confused. What were you trying to type?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Haha, I have head that befor and it winds me up, I put all the had work into growing my hair, just for her to come and said she have growing, Lol

Joss said:
Haha, I have head that befor and it winds me up, I put all the had work into growing my hair, just for her to come and said she have growing, Lol

I meant she have growing hands it's a joke, she haven't no Idea,

At this point in ur life, I would become a DIY'er. All she's gonna do is irritate the crap out of you over a trim. AND you said others are complaining that she makes their hair fall out? WHAT growing hands??!:lol:

Run for your life!

Growing hands? That just sounds ridiculous. If she actually believes stuff like that then she needs her beautician license taken away. And if she doesn't actually believe that and is just saying that to keep/get customers then she is a liar and I personally dont deal with liars especially the ones who are trying to get near my hair with shears.

JJamiah said:
^^^ WOW :giggle: she was referencing her hands with growth and her hands without growth, with pictures :lachen: :lachen: so sorry I am laughing at your friend. :giggle:

OP I used to dust with every relaxer. Problem is most stylist CUT not trim. I did dust or trim with every relaxer. My hair grew fine.

It would also depend on how often you relaxed, I relaxed every four months. WHich is about how often I trim.

I relax every ten weeks

SmilingElephant said:
At this point in ur life, I would become a DIY'er. All she's gonna do is irritate the crap out of you over a trim. AND you said others are complaining that she makes their hair fall out? WHAT growing hands??!:lol:

Run for your life!

Not her, other people who have relaxed and color hair says their hair is coming out so bad, idk where they get their hair done at. If someone told me their hair came out from her I wouldn't never let her touch my hair!

i dust whenever i feel the need to. so stylists just don't know the difference, or i think it has more to do with evening the hair out, hence they tend to trim more than needed. i wonder why the push trims more than they do treatments? the stylists i had deep conditioned my hair with no extra charge, but didn't offer other treatments. like i have never seen a protein treatment (or other treatments) done in a black salon.

Some stylists say they have growing hands, meaning their clients hair has gotten longer and more healthy since they took over. However, since this stylist wants to "trim" each relaxer, it is highly unlikely you will see growth. Your hair will stay the same length due to her cutting off your growth. This chick sounds like a wreck. She sounds like the type that would quick trim even though you said no.:nono:

DDTexlaxed said:
Some stylists say they have growing hands, meaning their clients hair has gotten longer and more healthy since they took over. However, since this stylist wants to "trim" each relaxer, it is highly unlikely you will see growth. Your hair will stay the same length due to her cutting off your growth. This chick sounds like a wreck. She sounds like the type that would quick trim even though you said no.:nono:

She do that and she won't get paid if I said no. I let her trim this relaxer but I plan only to do twice a year trims

Back