My '07 Braids (Pics)

P

patient1

I was clowning in these pics so feel free to laugh.

I've braided up my hair using the preparted "spoke" method I posted about here

You can see from this closeup, that the spokes don't interrupt the look of the braids. I'm natural though and unless I braid damp I get a few pokeys.

If anyone talks about my horsetail, I'm gonna be sure to say, "Gidyap mofos!!!"

I'm trying to write this year, not twist, plait, combcoil, cornbraid, etc. etc. 2 lbs. of yak back should have me with a completed rough novel in '08. Plus I'm a scissor addict. I've cut myself down to less than half my length. I was snipping while I was braiding.:eek: I might curl the ends later. I almost always wear them up in hairsticks so I doesn't matter much. I dipped them in hot water to debulk though.

I'm following my own braid regimen and calling it a da*n day.

p1

P.S. I AM sessy damit!!! Fuget whatcha heard. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yankgal007 said:
your braids look good girl...

Thanks! And your hair looks like it's HEALTHY and on the grow. I've always thought that was an attractive length....versatile. You get to have the best of both worlds.

p1

P1, you and your braids are lovely! :rosebud: Your face structure reminds me so much of my mother and her sisters. She has prominent cheek bones and so do all those in her family (and I inherited that, too). I love her very much and when I saw your pictures it warmed my heart. :)

naijamerican said:
P1, you and your braids are lovely! :rosebud: Your face structure reminds me so much of my mother and her sisters. She has prominent cheek bones and so do all those in her family (and I inherited that, too). I love her very much and when I saw your pictures it warmed my heart. :)

Ahh! We might be kin somewhere in world history!! I don't know where these big old cheeks come from. When I smile, it's pure CHEESE!!:lol: To remind you of your mother warms MY heart. I adore my mother. She is truly my best bestEST best friend. So I understand how seeing a bit of her in a stranger can make you feel good!!

p1

*Bre~Bre* said:
Your braids are very pretty!

Thank you! I don't want to keep bumping up my post but it's not in my nature to not show appreciation!:)

p1

MonaLisa said:
Hey Pretty Patient1 :wave:

-- Your braids are almost as pretty as you are! Lovely...

Shucks!! You're making me blush!! I'm just trying to keep up with you younguns on the board. :grin: I've got my mom's Mercedes until the 15th. I guess I'll wear lipstick for a few weeks. LOL!! I can let my guard down when I'm back to my clunker...

p1

patient1 said:
Ahh! We might be kin somewhere in world history!! I don't know where these big old cheeks come from. When I smile, it's pure CHEESE!!:lol: To remind you of your mother warms MY heart. I adore my mother. She is truly my best bestEST best friend. So I understand how seeing a bit of her in a stranger can make you feel good!!

p1

Well, if we are kin I should consider myself blessed!!!! Congratulations your beautiful braids. I myself am considering getting some soon but am torn about doing so!

naijamerican said:
Well, if we are kin I should consider myself blessed!!!! Congratulations your beautiful braids. I myself am considering getting some soon but am torn about doing so!

Why, if you don't mind sharing. Self-braiding is the best way to go cause it's hard to find someone who won't braid too tight. When you do it yourself you can control the tension. None of my clients have complained. I've braided for two members here and they would have surely put me on blast if they were unhappy!:lol:

If you need any tips just pm me. Shoot, you might be my cousin! :)

p1

You look so pretty in your pics patient. Your braids look great.....and you did those yourself, wow! I wish I had your cheekbones girl :).

Your braids are very nice. I also self braid. Nothing like saving money! Plus, you get to braid your hair the way YOU want.

Thanks all!

I'm trying to keep these in as long as possible. But I promise not to be the woman with braids hanging on with a wing and a prayer, visible buildup, etc. LOL!!

I'm just tired on so many levels and I'm looking for ways to buy time. In the past, this is when I would pull out the clippers and give myself a sharp haircut...to the scalp!!

I've been natural for almost 16 years and never really thought to let it grow. This year I'm gonna see what it can do.

Happy New Year EVERYone!!!!

p1

Back