I got my Senegelese Braids Today! (pics)

I really would like to get these done, they look sooooo nice and neat.

are they heavy at all? and what kind of hair did you use?

Wow those are gorgeous! I've never heard of them. I've only had braid twice in life. And that was when I was in elementary!! Very pretty!

Like my cousin has here:
6135_981516466054_8300812_56322297_1287588_n.jpg

Is this Michel Majid? or his twin?

Beautiful! I just got some last night too. :lol: Where did you go and how much did it cost? Reading through the thread now, to see if the info is in here...

ETA: Found it!

Last edited:
OP, your hair looks fantastic.

I just got micro braids yesterday and that was an ordeal, (but I think I'm going natural this year, so hopefully it was worth it.)

They look great! I can't believe they only took six hours. I've always admired sengalese braids but thought they took forever to put in, didn't know if you had to be natural or relaxed to get them, and was worried about unraveling. Maybe one day I'll give 'em a try.

I really would like to get these done, they look sooooo nice and neat.

are they heavy at all? and what kind of hair did you use?

standard kanakelon (hope I spelled that right) the one in the red pak :perplexed. No they're not heavy at all.. the back of my hair is sectioned slightly bigger than the front. That's so that your hair won't be so bulky... as they get closer to the front and top... they section the hair smaller.

Very nice. How long do these last before you have to undo/redo them??

I normally don't leave braids in my hair no longer than 8 - 10 wks at the most... I then take them out and let the hair rest but since I'm transitioning.. I may let the hair rest a week in between getting my next set of braids..:yep:

I love them. They look great on you. I currently have senegalese twist and love them. I too had to tell them what I wanted as well. I was like no blow drying and no lighters or candles. I asked her to use hot water and she was able to lay the hairs down and seal the ends that way. I think she was shocked that what I told her actually worked.

Very nice! I used to be soo in love with this style a few years back. They are called Senegalese Twists by the way :yep:

oooooh! I wonder what length my natural hair would have to be to get this style....it would be so cute!

Not long at all...I had some when I first BC'd with about 20 weeks worth of growth in June...The African Braiders can grip!!! They did get looser faster than when my hair was longer, so I may wait to get them in the summer.

Back