I did my own YARN BRAIDS LIKE A BOSSSS.... (I got Pics too!!!)

That's just goes to show you that with time and effort, we can all achieve hairstyles without having to have a stylist. Your braids look fabulous girl! I know you are proud!

Cute!
I've been wanting some yarn braids for awhile, but am not looking forward to doing them. I can do my own braids, but really would love it if someone else did it!
I guess I'm going to have to give these a go. Maybe before my next vacation.
Let me go check out your vid for some more info :)

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone !I genuinely appreciate it. I know its "just hair" but I feel so empowered cause I truly thought I would never be able to do something like this to my own hair... Also that money still being in my pocket is making a sista feel extra FAABBUULLLOOUUSSS!!!

And for those of you on the fence about doing this or something like it with your hair... don't be scared... trust me.. You can do it...

I'm going to make video this week showing some of how I did it and what I did to look generally presentable during the 9 day journey!:lol:

Okay soo... I slacked on taking them down... I know I know... BUt I'm starting the process and I wondered if I should put some kind of product or conditioner on the braids before taking them down or just take them down then do it? Any tips on how to speed up the process? Thanks ladies!

Oh and I made a video tutorial on how I did them and the whole process... And I made my rap debut as well... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmEY5ZcsdXQ

Yes, water (or aloe vera juice/gel), oil and conditioner is what I use. Let your hair soak it up. Then take it down. I'm about to do a very long take down, and that's what I'll be doing.

One question, how did you seal the ends of your yarn braids? Did you make a tutorial? If not, how did you make three legs for the braid?

Yes, water (or aloe vera juice/gel), oil and conditioner is what I use. Let your hair soak it up. Then take it down. I'm about to do a very long take down, and that's what I'll be doing.

One question, how did you seal the ends of your yarn braids? Did you make a tutorial? If not, how did you make three legs for the braid?

@virtuenow Thanks for your help, girl!! My worry was will the moisture make it harder to take out the yarn? Like make it knot up more? Or maybe even take longer?

I just burned the ends with a lighter. Would hold the lighter where I wanted it to end and let it "melt" together and then I would cut or pull it apart.:yep:
Yea I did make a video tutorial. I added it to the post above and the first post as well! Are you going to do yarn braids?

@virtuenow Thanks for your help, girl!! My worry was will the moisture make it harder to take out the yarn? Like make it knot up more? Or maybe even take longer?

I just burned the ends with a lighter. Would hold the lighter where I wanted it to end and let it "melt" together and then I would cut or pull it apart.:yep:
Yea I did make a video tutorial. I added it to the post above and the first post as well! Are you going to do yarn braids?

@sistatv Well my question to you, did you wash and keep your hair moisturized regularly during this install?? I washed and kept a moisture spritz (moisture/seal). Let it soak in. I am using primarily aloe vera juice on mine and castor oil. Right now its going smoothly. You have to have patience and set aside a big block of time. If you go too fast or if you're in a hurry, you may rip through your hair just to get the yarn out. Make sure you take your time, I stress this! But the water/cond/oil and soaking is the best thing. However, if you have not been regularly using water (wash/spritz) then your hair may lock up. I had that happen before years ago. So someone else will need to chime in. Oh and thanks, I guess I read through your post too fast, I didn't see the link!

Back