Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

[USER=13148 said:
song_of_serenity[/USER];14124263]I bet as soon as I order, the next post will be "I got us a discount!" lol. :D

We should know something by the end of the week.

[USER=324781 said:
theNaturalWonders[/USER];14126709]i am sending out positive energy so we can get that discount!! @faithVA i am praying that it works in our favor:grin:

Well up your positive energy and get a crew. I know I should be optimistic but um, not feeling it. :lol: But I posted the question to them. So we will see what comes back.

sooooo I gave in and purchased the left coast lemon #gasp# I am way too anxious~however I am still optimistic we can get a discount. When that happens I will be purchasing the 16oz. Now I just need to see which wash I like the best

I ordered the 16 oz of Left Coast Lemon on Monday and shipped on Wednesday..... I am transitioning with about 3 inches of new growth I hope to detox over the weekend and hope to eliminate a lot of different products or steps in my hair care routine.....

Keep us posted ladies on how it goes. I haven't heard anything yet back from the company. It did take them about 2 or 3 days to get back to me when i had my last question.

McQuay30, hopefully you will find you need less products and/or that the products you use work better.

I ordered the 16 oz of Left Coast Lemon on Monday and shipped on Wednesday..... I am transitioning with about 3 inches of new growth I hope to detox over the weekend and hope to eliminate a lot of different products or steps in my hair care routine.....

I thought only naturals could use this not sure..

I thought only naturals could use this not sure..

Well she is transitioning so its probably a good time to start. I don't think it would have an adverse affect on the relaxed hair. But it will be interesting to find out from McQuay30 how it does work on both types of hair.

Ericajoy,
are you texturized and using the product or are you natural. i thought the product was just for natural haired folks. Please advise and if you are texturized, how often do you do it? Thanks.

There is a woman on NC who has texlaxed hair. She uses it and loves it. I believe she will be using it either biweekly or monthly.

Ladies, the way I figure it is I have tried the JBCO shampoo "which leaves the hair feeling weird like and I love:grin:" so I guess it can't be that bad...:ohwell: Anyway I hope with it removing the toxins or buildup and thus help my crown began to grown like the rest of my hair and stop being so dry and brittle and the quicker I can get it to grow-out the quicker I can cut the rest of these relaxed ends.:yep: And if it works out great it will greatly reduce my time spent cleansing and conditioning my hair and cost less.:grin:

Hello. I am not natural, however I can attest to the clay/mud/dirt thing. When I went to the dead sea I threw the mud in my hair and sat in mud for an hour. When I rinsed out my hair, it felt like I had just rinsed conditioner out.

It's been almost a year since my Israel trip, but I still have one pack of dead sea mud left. I'm almost scared to use it... it was that good.

I was reading the FAQ page and I am thinking about trying the "quick detox" process which basically putting the mud and let it sit longer as in 30 to 60 minutes. Have anyone left it on the hair for that long?? If so what was the results?

I was reading the FAQ page and I am thinking about trying the "quick detox" process which basically putting the mud and let it sit longer as in 30 to 60 minutes. Have anyone left it on the hair for that long?? If so what was the results?

Yep. I have a friend from nc who left it on for 7hrs. The longest for me I think was 3hrs. I don't think it made that much of a difference because I did it at the end of the detox cycle but it's worth a try.

[USER=104981 said:
McQuay30[/USER];14143677]I was reading the FAQ page and I am thinking about trying the "quick detox" process which basically putting the mud and let it sit longer as in 30 to 60 minutes. Have anyone left it on the hair for that long?? If so what was the results?

I did leave it on longer but I did it as part of the 7 day detxo so don't have any separate findings for you. for me it seemed the daily back to back washes helped more than keeping it on longer but there is no way for me to measure that.

Yep. I have a friend from nc who left it on for 7hrs. The longest for me I think was 3hrs. I don't think it made that much of a difference because I did it at the end of the detox cycle but it's worth a try.

Cool... I will try it in the beginning. I hope to receive it Sat, so Sat for 1 hour and depend on how it feels, I may do Sun 1 or 2 hours, Mon 1 to 2 hours and then finish off on the day 4 of the 7 dy detox.

During the first day of my detox I left it in overnight. Rinsing out in the AM it felt like I had relaxed:blush: No seriously I was scared I had permanently altered my texture (see my earlier post). It felt way less bulkier and had more natural slip. Fast forward 2 weeks my hair is fine. At first I said never again, but maybe I might do it monthly.:look:

ETA: I found the detox process to take less time, after day 5 though I kept going I was getting the same results after every wash where before each wash yielded different results.

I think I need to detox again or wash more frequently like twice weekly. Washed today after a week of heavy Oyin use, and hair felt coated like the clay had adhered to oils etc and wasn't washing out well. I was tempted to wash a second time but went against my first instinct and ended up with dull hair using Oyin HH and KCCC. The detox process showed me what my hair should feel like after a wash, I need to trust myself.

[USER=3271 said:
Wanderland[/USER];14144363]I think I need to detox again or wash more frequently like twice weekly. Washed today after a week of heavy Oyin use, and hair felt coated like the clay had adhered to oils etc and wasn't washing out well. I was tempted to wash a second time but went against my first instinct and ended up with dull hair using Oyin HH and KCCC. The detox process showed me what my hair should feel like after a wash, I need to trust myself.

You can try rinsing with ACV and water first prior to your mud wash. It may help get some of the product off before you use the mud wash. Naptural85 does this. And you may want to leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes if you aren't doing that.

I haven't been using anything heavy on my hair and I have noticed that I can just rinse after a week and it seems like I have washed it. That's unheard of for me.

But like you said, you now know what you hair feels like. So trust your instincts.

my wash should be here today...i am contemplating on how i should do this...i can't do the 7 day detox like i want~so i may leave it on for 30-60 minutes today and then do the washes back to back until sunday or monday~what do you guys think?

my wash should be here today...i am contemplating on how i should do this...i can't do the 7 day detox like i want~so i may leave it on for 30-60 minutes today and then do the washes back to back until sunday or monday~what do you guys think?
No reason why it wouldn't work -- to be sure perhaps you do the speedy detox for the first 2 days by keeping the mud on on for 30 - 60 minutes and then for the final 2 days you do the back to back washes. This way you shorten the number of detox days but you've intensified the detox process. Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted with your results.

I'm thinking about purchasing. I'm 4b, fine hair, medium density. Dry as ever. Read this whole entire thread.

I'm about 6 - 7inches so I don't mind doing the detox washes. If my hair was longer, I'd chuck up the deuces to be honest.

I'm gonna read more reviews for other 4b/4c's that have porous hair.... I'm kinda convinced, but still... I need more examples of 4bs working with mud

I'm thinking about purchasing. I'm 4b, fine hair, medium density. Dry as ever. Read this whole entire thread.

I'm about 6 - 7inches so I don't mind doing the detox washes. If my hair was longer, I'd chuck up the deuces to be honest.

I'm gonna read more reviews for other 4b/4c's that have porous hair.... I'm kinda convinced, but still... I need more examples of 4bs working with mud

Definitely do your research. But my hair is similar to yours. I'm a 4b some 4a ?, maybe (lol). It's hard to tell. I have fine hair, medium density. My hair is about 7 inches. and dry. I did get better curl definition after the mud wash but I'm still a 4b. :yep:

OK LADIESSS!!! I found the mud wash in a store here in ATLANTA for $15.00. She also has many other natural products I always wanted to try but refused to pay shipping. Store name Sage Naturalcuticals.
So I purchased the lemon and will start my detox tonight!!! **DOES HAPPY DANCE** ;-)

OK LADIESSS!!! I found the mud wash in a store here in ATLANTA for $15.00. She also has many other natural products I always wanted to try but refused to pay shipping. Store name Sage Naturalcuticals.
So I purchased the lemon and will start my detox tonight!!! **DOES HAPPY DANCE** ;-)

Nice ... great price. I am happy for you and jealous at the same time. :lol:

Back