Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

I love this stuff. My favorite is the Cool Mint. My hair feels like buttery velvet. My hair feels and looks amazing. I didn't do the detox because I didn't think I needed to. I don't use products with synthetic ingredients or petrolatum/mineral oil products. I only use water based products and products with all natural ingredients. I don't get product buildup because my wash my hair regularly. I'm good :yep:. Anyway, this mud wash is amazing. Honestly, I don't think I can make a knock off that comes close to this. I've used bentonite clay plenty of times, different ratios with different ingredients and never has any clay treatment made my hair feel the way this mud wash does. Never has any shampoo or conditioner for the matter. I still prepoo and DC with my curl rehab, but seriously I don't need to and that is impressive.

Another thing I've noticed with my hair since using the mud wash is that my hair looks darker. I have black hair, never colored it (I've henna'd in the past but since my BC that hair is no longer on my head) and my hair just looks darker.

I know the shipping of this stuff is kind of high, but they have samples and if you buy two you can get the $6 shipping. Just to try it out I don't think it would hurt.

@CocoT

It's good to see someone else using the Cool Mint w/ success :grin: since that one & the Fragrance-Free would be the only ones I could use due to allergic reactions to the Orange Oil used in the other versions :ohwell:...

It's also interesting that you mentioned using homemade mixes and none of them were as good as the Mud Wash....

How often do you use the mud wash per week?
Do you dilute the Mud Wash? If so, how?
Do you pre-poo & DC after every wash?
What do you use as a leave-in/moisturizer and/or sealant afterwards if any?

@CocoT

It's good to see someone else using the Cool Mint w/ success :grin: since that one & the Fragrance-Free would be the only ones I could use due to allergic reactions to the Orange Oil used in the other versions :ohwell:...

It's also interesting that you mentioned using homemade mixes and none of them were as good as the Mud Wash....

:yep: I've tried all the flavors, except for the unscented, and the cool mint is just scrumptuous :lick: Works wonders for my hair and scalp.

I typically like to wash my hair twice a week because of my scalp issues but this last week I washed only once because I've been busy with school starting. I may try to keep my washing down to once a week because of time. My scalp has been behaving so I think I can push it.

I don't dilute.

Yes I pre-poo before and DC after every wash. I do it mainly because of force of habit. I probably don't need to but if it ain't broke I'm not fixing it. I did experiment a couple times by foregoing doing the pre-poo and without a DC and my hair felt fine. I just washed and used my regular leave in and moisturizer to style. I like the way my hair feels when I DC and pre-poo though so I'll continue to do it.

I only use leave in on wash day and my leave in is Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. My primary moisturizer (that I use on wash day) is QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. To refresh my hair I'll either use my AOHC (no sealant), Oyin Hair Dew (sealed with burnt sugar pomade or just plain ol castor oil), or Komaza Care Califia moisturizing cream (I rarely reach for that these days though).

TR must be incredible because I have completed 3 days of detox using my home made mix & my hair feels awesome! I don't need a comb to detangle, my hair is soft & moisturized, & my curls are defined. About to use my mix again. On detox day #4. Plan on doing full 7 days. Will report back.

Off topic but sorta not, since using the mud wash and completing the detox period, have anyone notice certain areas that may have been a slow growth area or wirey/prone to breakage have changed for the better??

I haven't been using it long enough to report back on this. Naptural85 says that it changed that crown patch that she had that was dry, brittle, etc. I have that same patch. The mudwash makes it softer and easier to detangle but like I said its too early to tell whether it is changing or not. In the past I have had serious issues with my crown burning and being sensitive. With the short time I have been using it, it does not burn.

I will be keeping track of this area and taking pictures over the next 4 months.

Day 1 of Detox...

Washed 3 times, left the last wash for about 5 minutes before I rinsed out like the instructions.. It really cleans the hair. Hair felt stripped after I was done but it was detangling very easily. I put a lil shea butter mix (included hemp seed oil) on each section before I braided in section... stripped feeling immediately disappeared a soon as the butter touched my hair and the hair is softer than I've ever felt it... While the mud was in my hair, my curl was a lil more defined. Liking it so far... hair is half way dried, and is still extremely soft... This is definitely a keeper for me...

My only fear is that my hair sheds very easily especially the front... I'm afraid that I'll lose most of my really soft hair... lol.. washing my hair everyday over the next 7 days... Almost feel like spacing my detox to every week instead of every day to save the breakage.. what do you guys think?

Day 1 of Detox...

Washed 3 times, left the last wash for about 5 minutes before I rinsed out like the instructions.. It really cleans the hair. Hair felt stripped after I was done but it was detangling very easily. I put a lil shea butter mix (included hemp seed oil) on each section before I braided in section... stripped feeling immediately disappeared a soon as the butter touched my hair and the hair is softer than I've ever felt it... While the mud was in my hair, my curl was a lil more defined. Liking it so far... hair is half way dried, and is still extremely soft... This is definitely a keeper for me...

My only fear is that my hair sheds very easily especially the front... I'm afraid that I'll lose most of my really soft hair... lol.. washing my hair everyday over the next 7 days... Almost feel like spacing my detox to every week instead of every day to save the breakage.. what do you guys think?

If you spread it out, its not a detox, its a mud wash. Others on the thread have done this. I think you will have different results but others have done that.

My hair sheds a lot too. But it didn't shed heavy each day. The shedding decreased each day until the last wash where I had very little.

Thanks faithVA .... I'll do the detox again tomorrow to see how much shedding I have... I trust you guys to at least look out for my hair .. lol... so I'll follow advice and keep going. Thanks guys.

CocoT mint is my favorite too, well compared with lavendar.
Im getting 16oz lemon and mint next order.

Post detox, still loving the mud. It reduces hair loss during the wash and
decreased hair loss/breakage = increased retention.

1-2 times. I'm trying to decrease overall manipulation though and wear 1 style for the week..

Yes ~1tbsp(1/2oz) to 2 oz water. So a 1:4 ratio. This also gives 16 washes per bottle. Something I've been doing lately is take this amount a splitting it in half, placing the diluted portion on my scalp with a nozzle bottle, and taking the other half and applying straight to my tresses in sections. Still experimenting though

No every, but majority. I also either pre-poo or dc. Though normally dc. I dc weekly though.

Everything I would before. AOHSR, giovanni DLI or SAS, SM DT masque, Oyin Hair Dew or Honey Hemp (both new).

After yesterday wash and detox my roots are nice and smooth but my ends are a little busy so this wash today I will focus on my ends more which I thought that was what I was doing.. I went and ordered another bottle of the lemon this time around.. I think to start off I was a little heavy handed but I stop that quick..

Day 1 of Detox...

My only fear is that my hair sheds very easily especially the front... I'm afraid that I'll lose most of my really soft hair... lol.. washing my hair everyday over the next 7 days... Almost feel like spacing my detox to every week instead of every day to save the breakage.. what do you guys think?]

judy4all, if you continue to see shedding that makes you uneasy perhaps as alternative to detoxing for 7 days, you can use the technique Terressentials recommends on their website to speed up the detox. This is what it says on their instructions page. "Another tip to speed up the "detox" process is to leave the mud on the hair for 30-60 minutes as a mask for the hair and rinse it well. "Baking" the mud mask while sitting in the sun can increase the absorption of the mud." They did not state how many days of detox this reduces but I believe you will know by how your hair feels -- which is soft and moist.

Last edited:
so i did my hair wash with the lavender on saturday..i don't have enough mud to do a hair detox as planned so i will have to re-order...i plan on getting the left coast lemon 1st then the cool mint to do a comparison between the 3 washes. i did it the 'naptural way' with the ACV first. my hair felt great. there was alot of curl definition, my hair was 'silkier' (which i thought could never happen)...i applied some KCKT, twisted my hair up, and it was good. sunday my hair was dry:nono: maybe the KCKT is not the product... i know i need to do a detox and i know it will take a few weeks for my hair to "settle" in~ so as soon as i get my left coast i will keep you all updated.

I've been eyeing product for a while and I am SO tempted to try this out. The thought of having to dc less often is very appealing to me. Thing is, I just bought a huge thing of Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. So, I won't purchase this for now, but when I use those products up... oh, it's on! :lol:

Wow this sounds interesting...I might plan on doing the hour drive to pick some up but I might try the homemade version first to see if I notice any difference.

I haven't been using it long enough to report back on this. Naptural85 says that it changed that crown patch that she had that was dry, brittle, etc. I have that same patch. The mudwash makes it softer and easier to detangle but like I said its too early to tell whether it is changing or not. In the past I have had serious issues with my crown burning and being sensitive. With the short time I have been using it, it does not burn.

I will be keeping track of this area and taking pictures over the next 4 months.

Have you noticed a change in your growth rate, such as it was 1/4 to 1/3 or 1/2 in this area? Sorry to press the issue, but I am transitioning and ready to cut the rest of the relaxed ends except for this short, dry, brittle patch of crown hair that is having the WORST TIME grown out..... Anywho.... I guess I need to be patience.....

Have you noticed a change in your growth rate, such as it was 1/4 to 1/3 or 1/2 in this area? Sorry to press the issue, but I am transitioning and ready to cut the rest of the relaxed ends except for this short, dry, brittle patch of crown hair that is having the WORST TIME grown out..... Anywho.... I guess I need to be patience.....

Sorry McQuay30, no miracles occuring on this head yet. I am expecting to retain easier but I haven't really been expecting to have a faster growth rate. But even if I did have some new amazing growth I would need more months to prove it.

I have colored ends, so I am cutting my hair as fast as its growing in. :ohwell:

Just be as patient as you can. I understand where you are coming from I want to get rid of my ends too. But I know I will regret the shorter length.

Sorry @McQuay30, no miracles occuring on this head yet. I am expecting to retain easier but I haven't really been expecting to have a faster growth rate. But even if I did have some new amazing growth I would need more months to prove it.

I have colored ends, so I am cutting my hair as fast as its growing in. :ohwell:

Just be as patient as you can. I understand where you are coming from I want to get rid of my ends too. But I know I will regret the shorter length.

OOOO alright, I will be patience:giveup: but I am still going to get it even though I have relaxed ends, my hair can't feel any weirder than using JBCO Shampoo which I LOVVVVVVVEEEE.....

Ok guys...

Day 2 of detox... Hair felt better... Not as stripped as yesterday.. Again a slight rub of my shea butter mix + hemp seed oil... Hair felt super soft...

During the day today.. hair felt really good.. really moisturized. Officially, this is a keeper... I'm glad to say bye to commercial shampoo's and conditioners... been waiting for the day.. lol..

I decided to stop doing the detox... It's 1:08am and I just finished washing n braiding up my hair... I don't have time for this... + my hair really likes to be left alone and this manipulation is really much for me. Will put my hair in minitwists later today and wash every other week with the mud wash.

For those of you who know my hair texture (look @ my fotki n youtube), y'all know I'm like a 4z... lol... I didnt expect to see a curl pattern appear, however during the wash I actually saw curls.. lol.. I was quite proud... lol...

I took pictures to show you guys how flat my cuticles lay after I braided it up.. This is a miracle for me... my braids are usually very fuzzy.. Enjoy!'

http://public.fotki.com/judy4all/terresentials-hair-/#media

Do not sleep on Terressentials hair wash - wow. I actually ordered mine right before I saw this thread, after seeing it on naptural85's channel. (She could tell me to put bird poop in my hair and I'd probably do it :spinning: - but I digress.)

Let me preface by saying that I'm not a PJ, nor am I trying to encourage PJism, and I don't often jump on bandwagons or give rave product reviews on lhcf. So when I say this is a great product, it worked REALLY GREAT in my hair!

I washed with it tonight (just a regular wash, not the 'wash 2-3 times to detox your hair' wash - who has time for that??) and wow, it got my hair 1) clean, 2) detangled!!! which shampoo never does, and 3) smelling nice.

I followed up by combing through my regular conditioner (Shea Moisture Restorative) and leaving for 10-15 minutes as usual, then my regular leave in (Shea Moisture Restorative mixed with aloe juice + jojoba oil), sealed the ends with vaseline, and made large twists. MY HAIR THROUGHOUT THE PROCESS WAS SUPER SOFT, SMOOTH, AND EASY TO DETANGLE. Like never before, really.

The only other product that's had this immediate and noticeable an effect on the condition of my hair has been henna. I have a feeling this hair wash will be a regular staple. I'm so happy I found it, b/c I was getting so frustrated with not finding a shampoo that I liked!

Also, I know shipping is pricey, but if it helps, it's the same price to ship 2 bottles as it is to ship 1.

HHG!

Back