Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

I did it! After all the rave reviews and the time saved on detangling, I made a purchase of the 16oz Lavender and LCL and an 8oz of the Mint. Xpress post shipping was $16. Not too bad.

I can't wait to try them!

I did it! After all the rave reviews and the time saved on detangling, I made a purchase of the 16oz Lavender and LCL and an 8oz of the Mint. Xpress post shipping was $16. Not too bad.

jayjaycurlz
I've tried all three of these. I think you made good decisions. Each one of them have their own good points.

@makeupvixen you can add yourself to her email list online (sage naturals). You can send her a message asking to be added to her email list or sign up for an online account with her. You will get an email notification of the next sale.

I was there at 7am BF. Saw @wwestndnbeautyy and a ton of beautiful hair!

Just finished washing my hair in preparation for doing my henna.

Purchased terps to help with dye release. It also made my henna smell wonderful.

Good choices. I find the LCL super moisturizing (not terribly great at cleansing for my medium-coarse strands) and the Cool Mint is a curl defining miracle. Unbelievable. I used it on Thursday and have co-washed twice since then and my curls are still popping like ever. I have only 6 or so inches of hair of medium density and it shrinks between 50-70% :shocked:. So nothing spectacular at all. I went to Saturday night service and this lovely lady was gushing over my short hair! She even asked if I bought it or grew it. She was so cute. Her husband scolded her so she asked if I was offended. I assured her I wasn't :lol:.

So ringing endorsement for the mint. I have both the LCL and the mint, and the plan is to mix them 50:50 for my biweekly washes (alternating with co-washing with the Shea Moisture ABS Purification Masque)

I just want to add: I put my hair in five sections, put the mud in each section about 5 minutes before jumping in to wash it off. As I took down each section, it was completely detangled. My fingers were just running through. I think I will be doing this from now on as opposed to just slathering it on in the shower - give the aloe vera juice time to work.

Ladies, I never got a response to my question...is one wash left on for 60 minutes the same as 3 separate washes?

I don't have an answer to our question. I don't remember the site saying what the relationship is between an extended wash and multiple washes.

I did the multiple washes so not sure.

Maybe you can look through the thread and see who actually did an extended wash and mention them so they can answer. They may not have seen the question.

faithVA, I responded to your mudwash question in the APL 2012 thread. Not savvy enough to copy it here though. Anyway, my crown area has improved tremendously. I've also started "mudding" my 6yo DD. Her hair tangles very easily and this seems to help. Her hair is TBL and very curly. After washing with the mud the tangles melted away. This will be a staple for us both.

@faithVA, I responded to your mudwash question in the APL 2012 thread. Not savvy enough to copy it here though. Anyway, my crown area has improved tremendously. I've also started "mudding" my 6yo DD. Her hair tangles very easily and this seems to help. Her hair is TBL and very curly. After washing with the mud the tangles melted away. This will be a staple for us both.

Thanks cocoma, I did see your answer in the other thread.

It's too early for me to tell if my crown is improving. I am also not being as consistent in using the mud wash. My crown was in really bad shape where I was bald in spots. So I think it will take some time to see a complete reversal. 2012 is the year though. :yep:

faithVA, I wish you great success in 2012!!!! I am really excited about the improved health of my hair. I plan to continue mudding and hennaeing (sp?) My hair loves it.

makeupvixen I am also considering incorporating the Anita Grant rhassoul clay deep conditioning bars into my regimen. I was wondering if they are moisturizing enough to use after a henna treatment?

makeupvixen I am also considering incorporating the Anita Grant rhassoul clay deep conditioning bars into my regimen. I was wondering if they are moisturizing enough to use after a henna treatment?

They are! Mix it with coconut milk and let it sit for at least an hour. You hair will feel luscious!!!

are you ladies using the mud wash at every wash? I tend to wash my hair every week to every two weeks and I've been using my own mud wash for the past 3-4 washes. I realized my hair feels clean afterwards but my scalp is drier faster. Should I do this as a deep cleansing treatment every month and just co-wash in between?

are you ladies using the mud wash at every wash? I tend to wash my hair every week to every two weeks and I've been using my own mud wash for the past 3-4 washes. I realized my hair feels clean afterwards but my scalp is drier faster. Should I do this as a deep cleansing treatment every month and just co-wash in between?

Yes, I use it every wash, but I don't wash often; I usually wash once every 2 weeks, and I almost always DC with coconut milk and AG's Rhassoul cubes. When I do get the urge to wash weekly, I still use the mood, but I don't let it sit on my scalp for too long. I apply, scrub, and rinse directly after--and I only use a little.

You may be using the wrong one for your hair. I've noticed that the sultry spice leaves my hair feeling a little drier than the left coast lemon.

HTH!

I use it every other week. My scalp has always been dry anyway so I apply oil to my scalp and massage it in before I DC. And I also oil my scalp during the week. So I am doing the same as I did before I started using the mud wash. I do cowash in between.

@ladykpnyc thanks so much! I am excited and I think this may solidify my KISS natural regimen. Mud wash, henna, AG rhassoul clay DC, oils and shea butter! Can't get more simple than that!

Oh and Bee Mine moisturizing cream!

@ladykpnyc thanks so much! I am excited and I think this may solidify my KISS natural regimen. Mud wash, henna, AG rhassoul clay DC, oils and shea butter! Can't get more simple than that!

Oh and Bee Mine moisturizing cream!

I'm curious about henna. Now that I know where to go locally to purchase it, I'm thinking about trying it, but I need to read up on it. What are the benefits of using it? I heard that it helps to thicken fine hair...I'm not looking to color my hair, but if it's ultra moisturizing and strenthening, I might give it a try. I'm leery of using it b/c I heard horror stories about removal...I have been reading older threads, but I haven't really had time to just sit and read w/o getting distracted, lol.

I use it every other week, but I don't use it (or my co-wash conditioner on my scalp). I use the Bobeam bar on my scalp and the mud (or alternating co-wash conditioner: SM ABSPM) on my strands.

HTH

I'm curious about henna. Now that I know where to go locally to purchase it, I'm thinking about trying it, but I need to read up on it. What are the benefits of using it? I heard that it helps to thicken fine hair...I'm not looking to color my hair, but if it's ultra moisturizing and strenthening, I might give it a try. I'm leery of using it b/c I heard horror stories about removal...I have been reading older threads, but I haven't really had time to just sit and read w/o getting distracted, lol.

Please read up on henna. There is a lot of great information posted on this forum about the benefits and application process. I don't have any problems with removal. If you purchase a BAQ henna you should be fine. I just mix with green or black tea, honey and oil either grapeseed or safflower. It washes out easily.I use Giovanni conditioners to co-wash after running water through until it runs clean. Hope that helps.:yep:

Oh the benefits are the color for my grays, conditioning, and thickens my fine strands. That along with the mud wash has my hair beautiful. To me anyway.:lachen:

Please read up on henna. There is a lot of great information posted on this forum about the benefits and application process. I don't have any problems with removal. If you purchase a BAQ henna you should be fine. I just mix with green or black tea, honey and oil either grapeseed or safflower. It washes out easily.I use Giovanni conditioners to co-wash after running water through until it runs clean. Hope that helps.:yep:

Oh the benefits are the color for my grays, conditioning, and thickens my fine strands. That along with the mud wash has my hair beautiful. To me anyway.:lachen:

You had me at thickens my fine strands :giggle: I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!!!!

Ladies, which formula deep cleanses while leaving the hair soft? TIA

@Poranges
I think all of them give a deep cleanse because they all contain the bentonite clay. I've tried the lemon, mint & lavender. The lemon & lavender left my hair the softest. The mint wasn't bad & I loved the tingles but in all honesty I didn't get quite the same as far as softness is concerned. I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in with their experiences.

Last edited:
Ladies, which formula deep cleanses while leaving the hair soft? TIA

I've only used the lemon but I will try the lavendar on my next purchase. The lemon definitely provides a deep cleanse. I use it before my henna. I can't say that it really leaves my hair noticeably soft though. But having my hair feel soft after cleansing is not big on my list. I am looking for clean, not tangled and not being stripped. I get the softness back easily when I complete my regimen.

I like and have only used the lemon. I notice my hair isn't soft straight after a wash but after a day or two the oils from my scalp and moisturizer makes my hai unbelievably soft! I was going to try other scents but I am going to stick to what works FROM NOW ON. I had a recent set back and am not playing with my hair care anymore. LOL
I use it once a month because I feel like its a clarifier. In between I use Giovanni tea tree shampoo and my scalp tingles and my hair doesn't feel as dry as it does using reg shampoo.
HTH

what cowash conditioner do you use so as not to layer up your hair again? Can i use shea moisture?

what cowash conditioner do you use so as not to layer up your hair again? Can i use shea moisture?

I use AO Blue Chamomile which surprisingly works well for me. I also have some conditioner I bought at a local fair. Its supposedly natural but I don't know whats in it :lol:

I do know some use the Shea Moisture.

You shouldn't have a lot of build up with cowashing if you stick with products that are naturally, mostly natural without the cones and synthetics in it.

Back