Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

I received my Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish cubes today, I can't wait to wash my hair with LCL and follow up with the cubes next week!

LCL left my hair in super soft. I use AOWC for a condish, rinse and My hair is blinging shiney with Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. Thanks ladies.

I sprayed diluted ACV on my hair & scalp, concentrating on my scalp. I massaged it in for about 15 mins. Then I put my bentonite/AV mix on top of that & massaged it into my hair & scalp for about 15 mins. I rinsed & my hair felt really good.

I CWed w/some AOGBP afterwards & I'm loving how my hair is feeling. Once I'm in a better place financially, I'll probably order the Terresentials again. But until then, I think my recipe is truly a good substitute. I put Lavender EO in my mix today but I really miss the tingle from the mint. I need to remember to get some Mint EO.

I tried the Lavender one on one twist. I didn't like it. When I stop being lazy I will post it on the exchange forum and sell it.

Thanks so much for this thread!!! There is a Terressentials within walking distance of my husband's job. I will be sending him there today! For anyone who uses this and henna, what are you using now to rinse the henna out. Since this is calling for a more organic approach, I don't want to use VO5.

[USER=299572 said:
reeko43[/USER];14981075]Thanks so much for this thread!!! There is a Terressentials within walking distance of my husband's job. I will be sending him there today! For anyone who uses this and henna, what are you using now to rinse the henna out. Since this is calling for a more organic approach, I don't want to use VO5.

I am using AO White Camellia. It made my hair very soft after doing henna last week.

I ordered the LCL and used it right before the new year! Can I say that I am in :love: with it?! It was more moisturizing than the Lavendar (although the Lavendar was decent)...I can't wait to use it this weekend when I wash my flat ironed hair :lol: Thanks for this helpful thread ladies :yep:

I used this last night and I have got to say that this is the.best product that i have purchased
For my hair since beginning my hair journey followed by henna and my Hair Therapy Wrap. I used 1 1/2 tbsp of product diluted w/ same amount of water. I washed exactly the way Naptural85 did in her video. I was having a lot of problem with dryness, especially in the.crown area. Well after using the mudwash my crown feels the same as the rest of my hair, soft and.moisturized. My husband says my hair looks softer and healthier. Can't thank you enough faithVA, I am hooked!

I'm going to try making these soaps this week!

I made the soap bars using this recipe with exact measurements.....:nono:. The bars were way too soft to use as shampoo bars. I am a little ticked off because now I have to figure out how to use this stuff without wasting it. I refuse to throw it away.

I made the soap bars using this recipe with exact measurements.....:nono:. The bars were way too soft to use as shampoo bars. I am a little ticked off because now I have to figure out how to use this stuff without wasting it. I refuse to throw it away.

Can u remelt and add more clay? I haven't read the recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I will definitely try that. I pressed a couple of the bars together in a jar like a paste and used it today on my hair and body in the shower. I loved the results. My hair and scalp feels very clean. I didnt need to condition or use any other product afterwards. I used a little vatika oil to seal my twists. My hair is very soft and shiny and my curls are definitely more defined. As a matter of fact I didnt need a body moisturizer afterwards either.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SCH-I500

I can definitely see why they recommend you minimize how much product one uses if one is to make Terressentials their main cleansing agent. I have a lot of products so I use a lot of products, some at the same time :look:. I enjoy playing with product. I think I have some buildup that the mudwash or the Bobeam shampoo bar doesn't seem able to get out. I am going to use a sulfate shampoo to get it out. I still love this mudwash, but as a simple product regimen is not in the cards at the moment, I have to go back to clarifying with shampoo once a month.

Yesterday I washed with the LCL and left it in my hair for 1 1/2 hours then I deep conditioned with Anita Grant's Rhassoul cubes for 3 hours and my hair feels amazing. I didn't finish twisting my hair until 12:30 am and the last section I twisted was still moisturized and soft. LCL & Rhassoul cubes are my new favorite combo!!:grin:

I think I am going to stop ordering the terressentials directly from the company. I have to bug them to send my stuff. I never know when they will send it. I think they get thrown off by where I live.

Are the slow for you ladies as well?

remember I wondered if cowashing with a mixture of clay + conditioner was a good idea?

Well, it wasn't.
lol.

(I used tresemme. The clay and the conditioning agents may have different charges which sort of glue together, I am no scientist but I'm not fond of glue on my scalp, it would have been too good to be true, that's all folks.)

I am really upset right now, I checked my email this is the message i was sent:

Hi,

You'll note that your e-receipt reads "Shipping/handling rates are as
shown for contiguous US orders only."

The actual shipping cost for your order will be an estimated $10.20
for USPS Priority Mail with insurance if available, plus $7 for
handling. We haven't packed and weighed your order yet, so it's
possible there could be some small variation in the cost.

Your credit card will be charged for the total amount just before
shipping.

The address I put in was an APO box. IT DOES NOT COST EXTRA TO SHIP TO AN APO MAIL BOX. ESPECIALLY IF ITS USPS :sad:. So I requested my order to be cancelled. I told them there is no way they should be taking advantage of military members stationed overseas when it does not cost companies any more to ship here than to the 50 states. I really liked the mud wash too. I guess I have to find something else to use. Sucks for me because I will not be buying from them while stationed here. TOO EXPENSIVE.

We are stationed in AK and I got that same email. I wrote to the asking why would it cost more when priority mail is the same for all 50 states. They said that was a computer generated email and that I was right my shipping would be the same. It was the same as every other order. You might want to email them for verification and explain about apo boxes. I have found that apo/hi/AK addresses cause confusion for sellers.

Eta: I get that same email everytime I order. I am only charged the Priority mail price nothing extra. They should correct that.

I have to admit... I LOVE THIS STUFF. :love: The only thing I didn't like was the build up near my scalp. :nono: That's why I used it 2-3x as stated in the instructions.... it washed it out but I had to scrub my scalp. I was unintentionally focusing on the hair and not the scalp and roots. Easy fix. I didn't dilute. It works better for me undiluted. Softer results.

I LOVE THIS STUFF. My hair is soft. My coils are defined and it feels good. I use primarily natural products now so there's not alot of build up at all. I have to weigh the pros and cons of cost. It's easy to go through alot of this stuff.

Because I've been on a "economical" mission, I've been using my own mix. Today I changed it up & added a little ACV to my mix. My hair felt like it had been clarified vs. the normal conditioned feel I usually get. Next week I'm going to try my mix w/o the ACV & if I don't get better results, I'll have to go back to the real deal.

On a brighter note, it did make a wonderful face mask.

Did you see the post on using Borax for scalp infections? I have never used this, but the op said it worked for her.

Sorry just now seeing this. Yes I've tried using borax & didn't notice any difference. But maybe I didn't use it long enough.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using LHCF

Lately I mud, condition w/ AO HSR and rinse with one cap of acv and about a cup of water. I decided to incorporate the acv after reading about porosity. It doesn't give me a clarifying feel so I've kept at it and i must say, my hair will stay moisturize for almost 3 days with just a leave in and oil/butter. It's great!! I'm so happy I'm finally finding things that work for me and I'm finally seeing my hair grow!

Finally out of my braids! I just finished washing my dirty hair. I did not do an ACV wash or anything extra.

Wet hair,
Apply mud in loose hair.
Put it in a bun while I showered.
Rinse
Moisturize with Komaza leave in.

Plastic cap and scarfed up.

I ordered the extra large lemon and the regular size lavender. Won't wash my hair until next weekend and will give the lavender a try. The two bottles should last me at least 6 months.

That really sucks! I haven't tried the recipe because I'm still searching for some cocoa butter. My Vitamin Shoppe did not have it and I don't feel like ordering online.

I may try to use less of the butters and oils and a bit more of the clay. That might be the trick.

Thanks for sharing your results.

I just joined but have been following this thread from day one. Thank you lovely ladies for all your input. Thank you Amaka,FAITHVA, Makeupvixen and others you have really helped me in my decision.

I will buy this (LCL and LG) and try later but I have bentonite clay (5kg) and will make my own dupe. So far I have just used bentonite and AVJ and so far so good. I use natural products and detoxed overnight and that was enough. I am currently in a sew-in but will get back to mudding once I take it out.

Back