MTG- Cry for Help

Zeal

I think I have to realease my MTG. No matter how much EO I put in it still stinks. Does anyone have a Bonafide Recipie that will take that darn smell away. Mom said to me today. Look I am you Mom and I have to be honest with you. Your head stinks. Spray it with that perfume you gave me for Christmas (Oh! BY Mochino)

She said I had the whole room lit up.:mad:

Somebody please help me.

I use jasmin scented oil essence in the oil misture, or use MTG @ night then when out I smooth some Silicon mix or mango butter over my hair that takes away the smell esp. since the smell airs out during the night.

I use lemon EO in mine. It works well. I also apply it at night to wet hair and only on my scalp. I don't smell anything. The only time I can smell it is when I only wash my hair once a week, I guess because it builds up with every application. Right now I CW every evening, but even when I was washing 2x/week I never smelled anything.

Zeal said:
I think I have to realease my MTG. No matter how much EO I put in it still stinks. Does anyone have a Bonafide Recipie that will take that darn smell away. Mom said to me today. Look I am you Mom and I have to be honest with you. Your head stinks. Spray it with that perfume you gave me for Christmas (Oh! BY Mochino)

Somebody please help me.

I apply my mtg on dry hair (between the rows of my cornrows)and apply Gueye s hair oil over it it covers the smell real good for me. i only smell peppermint or mostly the Gueye s oil:grin:

Nothing I did took the smell away---it was always there and so i had to stop using as well.

But check out den1's thread about making your own sulfur mix. Use sulfur power, whatever oils you love, and then add any scents you'd like. There is no smell if you choose not to add oils....

I just made mine this week--so far so good---I hope to have some good reports in a month or two

Damn,

Well someone had said something about IMMEDIATELY after you wash your hair put it on and let it dry and it has no smell. I tried that and it worked for me, so maybe you might want to try applying like once a week and then washing before you apply.

Lucia said:
I use jasmin scented oil essence in the oil misture, or use MTG @ night then when out I smooth some Silicon mix or mango butter over my hair that takes away the smell esp. since the smell airs out during the night.

Thaks ladies for all of the advice. I was using it on wet hair/scalp. I will use muuuuuch less

Could it be because because my hair is natural that you can smell it the next day? Maybe Mom has a dog nose but she says she can still smell it. I did an experiment. I drenched my hair in MTG last night. Put a plastic cap on. Then I co washed this morning. Then I put isoplus Natural Selection oil on my scalp this morning.

Yes I bought it Friday. It is new and I am a PJ. But it feels so good I am going back to buy the other 2 bottles. It has Eucalptus Oil, Olive, Oil, jojba Oil, carrot oil, it also has Menthol which makes my scalp tingle.

Last edited:
Zeal, what about adding some Kemi Oil, that's supposedly just EOs.

My husband says he smells it even when I washed it out last night.

I've been adding peppermint and eucalyptus and that worked fairly well. I finally got sick of the smell and decided to make my own sulfur mixture. This weekend I went to Whole Foods, but they didn't carry it. I didn't feel like waiting to order sulfur online so I just siphoned the oil out of my bottle of MTG and added EV olive oil. It's wasteful, I know but it got rid of the smell.

I havent had much luck in locating those EOs for my MTG.
I'll look out for the Isoplus Natural Selection Oil at the BSS this weekend.

trinidarkie1 said:
I havent had much luck in locating those EOs for my MTG.
I'll look out for the Isoplus Natural Selection Oil at the BSS this weekend.

EOs at Nature's Nutirtion on 74th and Haverford across from McDonalds. However, I prefer to purchase at Main line Heatlth center in the Bala Cynwyd shopping Center on City Line Ave. (Where the Olive Garden is)

Zeal said:
I think I have to realease my MTG. No matter how much EO I put in it still stinks. Does anyone have a Bonafide Recipie that will take that darn smell away.

Somebody please help me.
Zeal, I use mtg only after washing my hair, I apply it to my scalp and it doesn't smell, if you use it constantly it will stink up your hair, only use it when you wash your hair.

Zeal said:

Somebody please help me.

:lol: :lol: :lachen: At least she's honest. That was too funny. I pictured NY's mom on Flava of Love:lol:

Ok. sorry I cant be of any help :lol: I just ignored it til I got used to it. I learned to use alot less and I put it on at night. By the a.m. it's gone.

I use it everyday on my hair, not my scalp. When I put it on, I put a smidge of la india hair creme and no MTG smell at all!:lol:

DDtexlaxd said:
I use it everyday on my hair, not my scalp. When I put it on, I put a smidge of la india hair creme and no MTG smell at all!:lol:

Why do you put in on your hair and not your scalp?:confused: Are you using it to grow hair or for some other reason?

Just a thought, but mayebe she is using too much. I use an empty WGO bottle and apply to the scalp after washing too. I use a few oils and gel to make a pony. I let in dry overnight, remove my scarf and I don't smell the MTG. Good luck!

sprungonhairboards said:
Why do you put in on your hair and not your scalp?:confused: Are you using it to grow hair or for some other reason?

When I first tried MTG, I put it on my scalp, and had the hardest time washing the MTG out. My scalp felt so oily.:p So I tried it on my hair. No intense smell and it was not hard to wash out. My hair seemed to thrive more when I did use it that way. My hair was relaxed then. I needed a touch up every 3 weeks with this method. So I stuck with it. I eventually gave up relaxing because I ended up w. overprocessed hair. I basically view it as a hair oil. You put hair oil on your hair, right?:lol:

Zeal said:
EOs at Nature's Nutirtion on 74th and Haverford across from McDonalds. However, I prefer to purchase at Main line Heatlth center in the Bala Cynwyd shopping Center on City Line Ave. (Where the Olive Garden is)

Thanks Zeal, I was just coming here to tell you about this lady in the Reading terminal who has EO's. I got some lavender there today for $8.57 tax incl.
I cant believe the Main Line Health Center has oils :lol: I go to LA Fitness 3 times a week and never knew that. THanks so much.

How are things turning around with the scent of the MTG?

DDtexlaxd said:
When I first tried MTG, I put it on my scalp, and had the hardest time washing the MTG out. My scalp felt so oily.:p So I tried it on my hair. No intense smell and it was not hard to wash out. My hair seemed to thrive more when I did use it that way. My hair was relaxed then. I needed a touch up every 3 weeks with this method. So I stuck with it. I eventually gave up relaxing because I ended up w. overprocessed hair. I basically view it as a hair oil. You put hair oil on your hair, right?:lol:

Guess I never looked at it as a hair oil :lol: I put it on my scalp. When used for growth, since hair grows from your scalp, I think that's how most of us use it. It absorbs into the scalp, but I wouldn't put it through my hair because I wouldn't want my hair smelling like that. I rarely use oils anyway because my hair doesn't absorb them well (unless it's wet) and would stay greasy. I can see my pillows, walls and car seats now :lol:

Maybe I'm a special case. MTG never leaves my hair. No pillows stains, etc. I also sleep w/ a satin scarf. I hope all works out for you.

DDtexlaxd said:
Maybe I'm a special case. MTG never leaves my hair. No pillows stains, etc. I also sleep w/ a satin scarf. I hope all works out for you.[/QUOTE]

Oh most definately. I've been using it since last summer and my hair has grown ALOT. I mean ALOT! It definately works. Smell be darned! :lol: :lol: Keeps my new growth nice and soft too.

Actually, I just got mine today and thesmell isn'tthatbad. Smellslike Gloverstome. Just sulpher. Ya'll had me thinking it was super stinky.It doesn't smell good, but it is tolerable to me.

Hey good2uuuu,
Where were you when I lived in MN? :lol:

Neway, I got some lavender EO yesterday and I put that in there along with the Fantasia Oil thing, I can still smell it, but the tingle is reaaal nice with the MTG and stuff in there.

Back