MsC has updates!

mscounselor

I removed my two strand twists and did some serious conditioning. I roller set and sat under the dryer until dry. Then I flat ironed the roots so I could see if there was any damage/breakage that would decrease my length. I posted them in my album.
Password is in my profile.

What to do next? I have no idea. Im just happy to get this far. I'll be 6 months on Friday. (the ticker in my signature is slow)

Twinie...

Looking good! Your flat iron is so straight, I thought you had gotten a retouch! :p There was no way that my hair would have allowed me to do any heat treatment after I took out my extensions--you're doing something right sister! :D

Seriously though, your napptural hair is coming nicely. As far as next steps, at some point, you may want to start playing with your napptural hair again for a minute to start seeing what your new texture likes--and what it doesn't like. I will continue to do my current styles until I decide to either get cornrows or flat twists (using my own hair--no extentions). In the late fall I'll start doing straw sets/wet sets (when the weather cools down and I won't be antsy about being under the dryer).

Looking good chica! You look really cute with the second set of two-strand twists too. Keep up the good work. Early congrats on making it to 6 months of transitioning.:yay:

Cheleigh said:
Twinie...

Looking good! Your flat iron is so straight, I thought you had gotten a retouch! :p There was no way that my hair would have allowed me to do any heat treatment after I took out my extensions--you're doing something right sister! :D

Seriously though, your napptural hair is coming nicely. As far as next steps, at some point, you may want to start playing with your napptural hair again for a minute to start seeing what your new texture likes--and what it doesn't like. I will continue to do my current styles until I decide to either get cornrows or flat twists (using my own hair--no extentions). In the late fall I'll start doing straw sets/wet sets (when the weather cools down and I won't be antsy about being under the dryer).
Hi transitioning buddie,
Thanks for the compliment!! I actually plan to get it trimmed then go ahead and do some bantus or a braid out for Labor Day.
I am still learning how to detangle properly so I may only try things that require much parting until the cooler months.
Transitioning is a journey for real!
MsC

Back