More Curlformer results on Natural 4a hair

Ms_Twana

This started out as a rollerset gone bad!!! :lachen:When I couldn't get my rollerset to act right, I said bump it, and used curlformers. I washed and conditioned with Elucence; and DCed, no heat, with Elasta QP DRP 11. I used Giovanni Direct leave-in with Sabino MB on top. And to keep my hair wet I used Direct leave-in and water in a spray bottle. I'm currently downloading pics of the entire process into my Fotki.

Can you tell I ran out of curlformers??? :lachen:I had to improvise on the top. You can see what I did in my album. I started trying to seperate each curl, but because I didn't use Lottabody or anything, I was afraid it would start to frizz. So, I'm just gonna let the curls fall. Once it looks a mess, I may just flat iron; not sure yet.

It don't look NOTHING like Queen_T's, but I like the outcome. It looks kind of girlie because the curls are so short. Shrinkage is a mug!!!

Your curls look gorgeous and shiny. If I saw you on the street I really wouldn't be able to tell you were natural

That looks so good, I am definately going to get some of those Curlfomers when my hair gets longer....

I should start buying them now because I understand they cost a good grip... I could by a set of rollers per month or something... :lol:

How many did you use? And since you ran out how many more did you need to complete your entire head...our hair looks to be about the same thickness.

That looks so good, I am definately going to get some of those Curlfomers when my hair gets longer....

I should start buying them now because I understand they cost a good grip... I could by a set of rollers per month or something... :lol:

How many did you use? And since you ran out how many more did you need to complete your entire head...our hair looks to be about the same thickness.

:lachen:I really don't know how many I used. I bought the kit which contains 40 long and wide and 6 short and wide. Then my DH had to go get me two more packs (1 pink and 1 orange) when I ran out the first time. I don't know how many are in each pack, maybe 6. So, about 58. Dang, and I STILL didn't have enough. Maybe I need to use widers sections next time. :lachen:

Cute!Are you going to try to wrap it or are you going to leave it curly?

I'm scared to wrap it. I bumped a thread a couple of days ago when someone asked about ladies that wrapped their curlformer curls. A couple ladies said maybe you could with the extra wide curlformers, but not with the wide. So, I'm too scared to mess with it. :ohwell:

:lachen:I really don't know how many I used. I bought the kit which contains 40 long and wide and 6 short and wide. Then my DH had to go get me two more packs (1 pink and 1 orange) when I ran out the first time. I don't know how many are in each pack, maybe 6. So, about 58. Dang, and I STILL didn't have enough. Maybe I need to use widers sections next time. :lachen:
Goodness..I better start buying now I might have enough by next fall!! LOL

I knew had better ask since you ran out...but 58 :thud:

Good LAWD! I bought these today. I only bought 18 curlers. I guess I need to go right back to Sally's....:nono:

Goodness..I better start buying now I might have enough by next fall!! LOL

I knew had better ask since you ran out...but 58 :thud:

Good LAWD! I bought these today. I only bought 18 curlers. I guess I need to go right back to Sally's....:nono:

:lachen: :lachen:I know right. Atl, your faint was hilarious!!!! My hair is EXTREMELY THICK. And like I said, maybe I need to make bigger sections next time. ETA: Keep in mind I'm natural too.

I have added all the photos to my Fotki. No password needed....for now!! http://public.fotki.com/Ms-Twana/hair-album-1/natural-hair-1/curlformers/december/

Nice, Ms Twana. I was going to ask you if you will separate the curls to form spirals but I see that like me you know better. :lachen:

Has any natural been able to separate Curlformer curls into spirals?

:lachen: Girl, you better go back. After finding that six packs of ten were not enough for my mom's head, I bought ten packs for myself. When I did part of my head, I used 8 packs of long and narrow. In other words, 80!

:lachen: Girl, you better go back. After finding that six packs of ten were not enough for my mom's head, I bought ten packs for myself. When I did part of my head, I used 8 packs of long and narrow. In other words, 80!

Oh, so there are 10 in a pack?? That means I used 66!!! :lachen:

Nice, Ms Twana. I was going to ask you if you will separate the curls to form spirals but I see that like me you know better. :lachen:

Has any natural been able to separate Curlformer curls into spirals?

Yeah, I was too scared to continue. The two that I did do are bigger than the other ones. :ohwell:

So you were able to separate two into spirals? I tried but my ends were not smooth and the attempt just seemed to emphasize how frizzy the ends were...plus they were sorta tangled...so I left well alone. I had hoped that by doing many I could use less hair per curlformer and get the effect of spirals. Didn't happen. And I didn't wear them for longer than a day. So please be sure to share what the "dropped curls" look like. Maybe therein lies my answer.... :scratchch

Now I know what I need to buy myself for Christmas - 3 more packs of Curlformers! I ran out as well and had to improvise. Your curls are really pretty. Thanks for making me go out to buy some :rolleyes:

So you were able to separate two into spirals? I tried but my ends were not smooth and the attempt just seemed to emphasize how frizzy the ends were...plus they were sorta tangled...so I left well alone. I had hoped that by doing many I could use less hair per curlformer and get the effect of spirals. Didn't happen. And I didn't wear them for longer than a day. So please be sure to share what the "dropped curls" look like. Maybe therein lies my answer.... :scratchch

Girl, I'm hoping the "dropped curls" looks better. We'll see!!! :lachen:

Ms Twana, I forgot to ask (I'm sorry if you said already): did you use heat? I didn't and wonder if that'd make a difference to my ends anyway....

I think for the orange and pink its like 8 in a pack, but you still used quite a few. You've gotta alot of hair girl. Im a natural 4/b too, so thank goodness the kit is enough for me, lol. I separate mine usually with a creme wax or my Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade and they do well, but then again I do use heat to dry mine and put a little heat protectant/serum on my ends before getting under the dryer. The curls do drop some depending on the hold product, but usually by the time they start to drop the look is getting old, I did just get my Sabino Moisture Block so I wonder if that would help.

I think for the orange and pink its like 8 in a pack, but you still used quite a few. You've gotta alot of hair girl. Im a natural 4/b too, so thank goodness the kit is enough for me, lol. I separate mine usually with a creme wax or my Aveda Anti-Humectant pomade and they do well, but then again I do use heat to dry mine and put a little heat protectant/serum on my ends before getting under the dryer. The curls do drop some depending on the hold product, but usually by the time they start to drop the look is getting old, I did just get my Sabino Moisture Block so I wonder if that would help.

How long do your curls usually last??

How long do your curls usually last??

I try to stretch about 4-5 days but that usually is because I pinned it up or put a head band on for the last two days. Ive even had a cute curly puff when I slept on them way too hard one time. I just looked at your fotki, you definately did a great job at the end of concealing the top, I cant tell the difference!

Back