More Curlformer results on Natural 4a hair

Okay, my ends are starting to SWELL UP!!!! So, I guess that means my curls won't be "dropping!!!" :lachen:I guess I'll be flat ironing tonight or tomorrow. :yep:

T, you did a great job. Really cute!

and your hair has really grown a lot!! Looks great!!! :yep:

Okay.....UPDATE!!!!

By yesterday, day three, my ends were a MESS. They were hard and swollen. I had to pull out the maxiglide last night to flat iron and get those bad boys STRAIGHT!!! I don't know what made that happen. And it didn't really happen at the top. I don't know.

Needless to say, I took those bad boys back: 1. because I could use the money :lachen:, and 2. I don't see myself using them as a step in straightening my hair anymore because I HAVE to flat iron. Once I PERFECT roller setting, I don't think I would have to flat iron.

Just wanted to give ya'll an update.

couldn't tell you were natural, couldn't tell you ran out of formers, so i'd say you did a great job!

eta: go back and get them dang curlformers!!!

Ms_Twana, you took them back? NOOOOOO!!!! :whyme:

I hate doing time alone. I'm not taking mine back and I need more people to hold onto a relationship that isn't working like I'm doing. :lol: I'm so determined that I will find a way to make those suckers work.

When I bought them for my mom, I was in braids. I undid one of my extensions and Curlformered it (Yeah, I made the word up). It formed the cutest softest spiral ever. But we're talking about using very little hair. I don't remember the ends being rough. Maybe they were and I just didn't notice. But I am not product savvy so I haven't exhausted the option of trying everything that is known to make hair pliable. I also haven't tried them with heat. So there's still a lot more experimenting to be done.

Ms_Twana WHYYYY? :cry:Why are you going to dump them before trying counseling? I think every relationship should be given a chance to redeem itself. :ohwell:

Ms_Twana, you took them back? NOOOOOO!!!! :whyme:

I hate doing time alone. I'm not taking mine back and I need more people to hold onto a relationship that isn't working like I'm doing. :lol: I'm so determined that I will find a way to make those suckers work.

When I bought them for my mom, I was in braids. I undid one of my extensions and Curlformered it (Yeah, I made the word up). It formed the cutest softest spiral ever. But we're talking about using very little hair. I don't remember the ends being rough. Maybe they were and I just didn't notice. But I am not product savvy so I haven't exhausted the option of trying everything that is known to make hair pliable. I also haven't tried them with heat. So there's still a lot more experimenting to be done.

Ms_Twana WHYYYY? :cry:Why are you going to dump them before trying counseling? I think every relationship should be given a chance to redeem itself. :ohwell:

NONIE......you're making me feel bad. :lachen:I didn't think about the fact that I didn't use them with heat. :perplexed Well, I figured if I wanted to try them again, I could just go get some more. It's not like I got a discount on them or something. :lachen:

But, the way my ends looked scared me. And it was HARD for me to comb that part out before I flat ironed with my maxiglide. The rest of my hair was (in my best Zohan voice) SILKY SMOOTH. :lachen:And my hair feels really soft now. I don't know what was going on with my ends. :ohwell:

Man I hate to hear it, but I would 1) definately try it with heat and 2) get a discount on the rollers. Every now and then HoneyDew ( i think that's right) posts a coupon for Sallys and then get a Sallys card. $5 but you make it back quick and I think they have a promotion for $5 credit with the purchase of the card.With the last coupon and card combo I spent like $45 on the kit instead of $60. HTH

I have been on the fence about buying these, but after reading this I think I will hold off. I thought the starter kit would have everything I needed, but if I've gotta be buying tons of extra ones, maybe I need to start a "Curlformers Fund"

Man I hate to hear it, but I would 1) definately try it with heat and 2) get a discount on the rollers. Every now and then HoneyDew ( i think that's right) posts a coupon for Sallys and then get a Sallys card. $5 but you make it back quick and I think they have a promotion for $5 credit with the purchase of the card.With the last coupon and card combo I spent like $45 on the kit instead of $60. HTH

You think not using heat made the difference??? I really intended to use heat, but after starting off trying to roller set, then it took forever to finish with the curlformers cuz I kept taking a break. So, by the time I actually finished...I DID NOT feel like sitting under the dryer too. :ohwell:

I have been on the fence about buying these, but after reading this I think I will hold off. I thought the starter kit would have everything I needed, but if I've gotta be buying tons of extra ones, maybe I need to start a "Curlformers Fund"

They are expensive. And you DO have a lot of hair, like me. So, the starter kit may not be enough for you.

Oh, and when I returned my kit, I realized I just had one extra bag of curlformers. And apparently it had pink and orange in the bag. So I used 53 rollers (I lost one curlformer somehow) :lachen:

I'm a 4a...and thanks for your post...I'm sitting under the dryer right now...hoping for good results. My hair is relatively thick and I used 5 and a half packs of the long and narrow ones...so I think thats about 44 curlformers (I had four left over). I will post my results,

Back