Mom Grows Out Daughter's Kinky Natural Hair to Wast Length

thats what I am talking about " she will never question her god given beauty..... its needs a gentle touch, not to be punished" ... Awesome

Very very very very good info. I wish I saw that months ago before I went through trial and error w/my 4B and CNAPP hair.

Simply beautiful. I hope others are reading this with girl babies and it is helping them with building a strong foundation regarding their natural beauty and self esteem. :yep:

I did not know that the Magic Kingdom had a hair salon?

Last edited:
This is just beautiful!
My quest to properly care for my baby girl's hair led me to LHCF and this wonderful world of hair!!:grin:

Simply beautiful. I hope others are reading this with girl babies and helping them with build a strong foundation regarding their natural beauty and self esteem. :yep:

I did not know that the Magic Kingdom had a hair salon?

Its called the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in MK. It's not a salon salon but they do cute little princess hairstyles/make up for little girls for a fee $$$ . Im taking my baby girl there this Friday and ill definetly have pictures of the whole experience .You have to book months in advance for a spot it fills up pretty fast.

I love this little girl's hair. A few months ago I showed my daughter this pic & she said she wanted her hair to grow this long. I told her that she can't continue to whine & complain when we do our daily moisturizing & tying her hair up at night if she hopes to achieve this length. lol

There was a thread on this a while back and I still find this just as inspiring as the first time I saw it.

All I can say is wow....when I have a daughter....I will be taking outstanding care of her kinks and she'll be proud of her hair.....what an amazing inspiring story:love2:

This pic Blew. Me. Away.:love3: She grew it to waist length KINKY.....I can only imagine how long it would be stretched.....wow.

vmodel4.jpg

Last edited:
Aww! She is so pretty! I want a baby girl so I can grow her natural hair to WL, and that will be my incentive go natural again too!

That lil girl is gorgeous! I am a firm believer that black women can grow long n beautiful hair. Especially when its in its most natural state! I wished that this post can reach more black women. Stop putting perms and chemicals in our children's hair! If they decide to perm it later, like when they turn 21, then let them. I refuse to teach my daughter that relaxed hair is best. And when you have gorgeous and long hair like the lil girl in the article, you wouldn't want a relaxer! Great job Mom!

"As long as I am in charge, my daughter will never feel the burn of chemicals or the heat of a straightening tool."

Love it!

nice story. The only thing I disagree with is when she said that relaxed hair will break off and can't grow long. That's incorrect.

highlight of my day!!! such a joy to read a loving message and such a beautiful gift to give a little girl - the love, appreciation and techniques for her natural hair!

Probably one of the best reggies I have ever seen and that girls hair seems reminiscent of my own as a child when I had hair...... thanks OP for posting....

What an inspiring and true article! Thanks OP! My baby is only 21 months, and I vowed before her birth that I would never put a relaxer or texturizer in her hair, which is type 4a. I know the thinning the chemicals caused me, my siblings, and women in my family, and I am raising her to have completely natural hair with no or very infrequent use of heat, which is how I care for my own hair. I totally agree that the key is low-to-no manipulation. Braids for little girls work so well! I braid my daughter's hair for weeks at a time also, and always comb gently and handle it with love & care, so that she knows her hair is a blessing--her crowning glory and not a nappy, disdainful curse. Children learn these things by the way they are treated.

I surely remember my mother yanking through my hair like she had an attitude, and soon after, I had a pressing comb to it, then a relaxer, complete with broken off hair and burns on the edges of my ears in some instances. Even while my hair was relaxed, and it was time for a touch-up, she'd yank through my hair wit her face frowned up at the NG like it was an ugly seed rearing it's head. This went on with each TU well into my 20's until I started doing my own TU's and not allowing her to get in my head. Since going natural a few years back, my hair is NOT hard to comb thru or manage.

I guess it was just hatred and disdain on her part for any hair that ain't straight, slick, and laid to the side. {shakes head} I WILL NOT PERPETUATE THAT MYTH THAT BLACK HAIR IN ITS NATURAL STATE IS UGLY, HARD TO MANAGE, NAPPY, OR MAKES PEOPLE LOOK "UNKEMPT" WITH MY DAUGHTER. IN FACT, I DEPLORE THE WORD, "NAPPY," though it doesn't bother me if other people use it (so long as it isn't in a negative way), but don't use it to describe my hair, or my daughter's hair, or in a negative connotation to any person of color's hair. It's like the word "Ni^^ER." It does nothing for the self-esteem of the individual, and everything about the word is usually negative. Fine to use to describe the kinkiest of hair in a triumphant, positive sense, if people choose to do so, but I say kinky or highly-textured hair. Not "nappy." It all goes back to the context/manner in which the word is being used.

That hair drama about "bad hair" stops in this family with me. No such thing as "bad hair," unless it is unhealthy, damaged hair. Then, even that can be turned around miraculously with the right techniques and products. Kudos to Ayoka and her beautiful daughter! This sister and Black hair love and adoration is what I so love to see!

ETA: I also disagree that relaxed hair is guaranteed to break off and NEVER grow long. I grew mine long, but it takes work and the right techniques and products. The majority is not the rule in that case.

Last edited:
That is a beautiful little girl! I am glad that they are raising her to accept who she is and the skin and hair she was born with. nice story!

Back