Millenials Avoiding Sex.

The "it's not worth it" argument I can get down with. I mean, I guess.

But all these antisocial, can't be bothered with talking or interacting with other human beings people that the smartphone culture is breeding is scary as **** to me. :nono:

ITA. Some of those responses were borderline. :lol:

But I understand the need to succeed versus the need for companionship struggle. I'm not sure about other generations but I feel there's a real push to have everything at one time with us. It's impossible and at least one area in life is going to take the hit.

Man....I don't know what I would do if I was single right now. I'm 30 and they were not kidding when they said that your drive ramps up around this time. The casual sex isn't worth it so I would probably spontaneously combust :burnup:

I agree with the other posters saying that we are breeding a population of antisocial weirdos.

This would confirm the theory that all the advances in technology, pervasiveness of social media makes it much harder to form real emotional connections with people, without the screens. You take that, then add the hook up scene, which has lost its charm, the high risk, little reward it participating in it entails, then add that many millennials grow up not seeing examples of how healthy relationships work, I'm not surprised. People want emotional bonds but don't know how to form them so its easier to spend your time behind a screen, whether its watching a movie on Netflix, reading or on YouTube. I include myself in that. Yes I'd like to have a relationship but I'm not impressed from what I see out there and I'm not about to waste time. I've done that too much already.

Alexandra Wolff, 19, had hoped to find romance in college. In high school, she and her friends were so focused on schoolwork that they did not date. But as a freshman last year at George Washington University, she found that between meeting new friends, attending classes and participating in extracurricular activities, she still did not have time.

“I don’t involve myself in the scene of frat parties and hookup culture . . . but it seems like every other option is so time-consuming and very hard to seek out,” said Wolff, who has never had sex. “It’s not like I’m saving myself for anything; it’s more like I’ve been busy.”

This quote spoke to me because it rings so true even though I'm a few years older than her. I've spent most of my 20s in grad school and I tried dating but it ended up being a waste and between schoolwork, family life, and other activities, dating was not a priority especially when I tried it and felt like I wasted my time.

Last edited:
I get it. That was me when i was dating. I went on NUMEROUS dates but to have actual sex with them?

7745462ba8bfcccf9b6805a1dc5068d14e85bf939d79d6e3551d03a32eab9673.jpg

My Mottos were "No sex is better than bad sex" and "acquire wealth, disregard sex". I learned that from a guy :lol:

:look:
The chances of orgasm from a random encounter are probably dismally low. Why would I subject myself to that AND the awkward internal agony of having to kick someone out afterwards? :lol: At some point it's simply not worth it and and few men know how to sweeten the pot good enough to where you'd want to expend the energy to even consider it.
The the heck y'all been ******? :look: Not my past experiences at all.

My friend and I just met two men like this. My friend's friend is probably worse. But I don't know. Mine is pretty bad. lol my friend's friend has not had sex in 20 years, takes random women at bars on dates but everybody is a "friend" (yet does the most odd friend- like things, like pay for the dinner and sharing food) , and continusly talks about all sexual things. He puts himself down a lot too.

My friend and I just met two men like this. My friend's friend is probably worse. But I don't know. Mine is pretty bad. lol my friend's friend has not had sex in 20 years, takes random women at bars on dates but everybody is a "friend" (yet does the most odd friend- like things, like pay for the dinner and sharing food) , and continusly talks about all sexual things. He puts himself down a lot too.

tell your friend to run

Emotionally unavailable.

Are we allowed to call this weird, anti-social behavior? Cuz it is. :look:

It is. People barely interact with each other anymore. I am sooo thankful that my SO isn't into SM like that, he's barely on his phone when he's around me.

Last Sat I went to Tao with my SO, his BFF and gf, 75% of the people were on their phone, all you saw was flashes going off and snap videos being recorded, smh. Meanwhile our table was poppin laughs and good convo so juicy that we ended up getting kicked out at 3:15 and Tao closes at 2.

People are becoming so weird and socially inept. I don't think it's normal for people to prefer their gadgets over human interaction.

It is. People barely interact with each other anymore. I am sooo thankful that my SO isn't into SM like that, he's barely on his phone when he's around me.

Last Sat I went to Tao with my SO, his BFF and gf, 75% of the people were on their phone, all you saw was flashes going off and snap videos being recorded, smh. Meanwhile our table was poppin laughs and good convo so juicy that we ended up getting kicked out at 3:15 and Tao closes at 2.

People are becoming so weird and socially inept. I don't think it's normal for people to prefer their gadgets over human interaction.

I still think this is the number one indicator in finding a truly dateable man. Not being into or on SM. And I think women would be surprised to learn that alot of men are not.

lol

Im everything wrong with millenials...

yesss. yess. I'm in therapy

*giggle*

on a real I don't do casual penetration... but sex isnt only penetration...
also.. maintaining good, intimate friendships requires a good bit of investment, I'm not mad at ppl who aren't interested in investing that with too many ppl and prefer their phone *shrug*

He should go to therapy to work out whatever issue he has.

Not just that, even just basic real life interactions.
It's so strange how people revel in that whole "I don't like people/I don't do people/I don't do relationships because x, y, z" So everyone just gonna be alone and in the house posting on SM? There is this weird movement with young people that makes it seem as if being isolated and non-committal in relationships is the wave. Hell not even relationships, they don't even have friendships it seems. I totally do not get the loner culture. And it's a major reason why I do not allow my 14 year old to have SM and access to the internet. I don't want him getting weird AF.

Back