Miconazole Nitrate

Well best of luck! Ive pretty much applied religiously for the last fortnight but I'm resting off for a few days asIve a head cold. I just hope I get my inch!

I'm with you girl! I've been putting a mix in my head every night that consists of MT, MN, olive oil, and JBCO. My ends were getting a little dry for a couple of days but I think it was because of the MT and not enough daily moisturizer. It's been a little over a week and no difference as of yet, but I'll keep you posted!

I'm with you girl! I've been putting a mix in my head every night that consists of MT, MN, olive oil, and JBCO. My ends were getting a little dry for a couple of days but I think it was because of the MT and not enough daily moisturizer. It's been a little over a week and no difference as of yet, but I'll keep you posted!

newnyer
Yay! Keep me posted! I shall come back and holler in 1 month.

I'm unbraiding in a month, watch my siggie for the countdown. Then I'll have it blowdried and flatironed and will post some pictures. I'm really excited! My braids are becoming loose and I'm sure I'm getting some growth - I must say I've also been going to the gym quite a lot and wearing a woolly hat to bed most nights to keep my head warm - I believe the heat promotes growth. (Yeah, I'm pretty mental about this hair growth thing :blush:

Headcold gone, so I'm back on the MN today, hopefully I'll get a growth boost in the last few days before I take my braids down

Only thing is I've developed a penchant for taking a single braid down and clipping off single split or broken hairs... it's not much length that I'm removing, but I know I'm not doing my growth any favours :perplexed:ohwell:

:whyme:

Hey ladies!! Checking in! Been using my MN mix on my scalp almost every night for about 4 weeks and having good results so far I think. I'm experiencing a lot of NG for me (can't tell exactly how much yet-looks to be a little more than half inch) but not positive if its just the MN mix, or my Hairfinity, or combo of both-but happy either way! My edges & nape are growing at a snail's pace- but I'm praying for more patience because I'm WAY too focused on looking for new sprouting hairs in those areas. A watched pot never boils, right?! I AM experiencing headaches more often now though & reading past posts I'm starting to wonder if it's the MN. I'll finish my mix (about 4 oz left) and discontinue use for awhile if the headaches continue. No out of the norm shedding and I still moisturize & seal every night. I'll keep u guys updated though...ya'll do the same!
Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Last edited:
Well I've only been using MN for a week and I'm excited to say I've got 1/2" of new growth already! I can't believe this stuff works that fast, I don't know if I was due for some new growth or not, but I'm going to keep it up.

Well I've only been using MN for a week and I'm excited to say I've got 1/2" of new growth already! I can't believe this stuff works that fast, I don't know if I was due for some new growth or not, but I'm going to keep it up.

Great news :grin: I've slacked a little lately but I'm going hard with the MINUTE for the next fornight. I will report back :yep:

Hi ladies. I mixed my MN with equal amounts capsaicin cream, then added five pumps of Paul Mitchell tea tree oil hair and body moisturizer. It has lavender, nettle, and peppermint oil. And of course, tea tree oil. THEN I added ten drops each of mos-Ka oil with coconut (it doesn't harden like evco), castor oil, Rosemary oil, and avocado oil. Twenty drops of sweet almond oil because i really like the smell :). Will add some garlic oil once I get back to the store lol. Mix it up and its nice and creamy and smells awesome!

I put it on for the first time today and I like it. It's got a "vitapointe" kind of consistency, which encouraged a light scalp massage. Its a little tingly, but if you read above, there's a lot of tingle agents in there.

I'm taking "before" tomorrow, hopefully I can add them (computer is in the shop).

I keep forgetting to get some MN for my nape area. Reminder get some MN, get some MN. I need some substantial growth in that area. Thanks for the reminder.

I've tried MN for the past few days, but since I have a TWA and my hair is so short, the product gets in my hair no matter how hard I try to focus on the scalp only. I've been "overly" moisturizing to compensate, but decided to give my hair a few days break. I think I'll use it four days on, three days off. But then again, I'm not using it particularly for hair growth. I have a bad itchy, dry scalp problem and it has already stopped since using MN. I also have several thin spots throughout my scalp. If my hair has a growth spurt as a result of using the product, that will be bonus. But I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

My sides have thinned a lot after pregnancy. So I am going to try the monistat and see how it works. Going to buy some today. My hair has been shedding since baby. She is 4 months. Hopefully this will help my thinning edges. I am also going to try the coffee rinses for the shedding.

My sides have thinned a lot after pregnancy. So I am going to try the monistat and see how it works. Going to buy some today. My hair has been shedding since baby. She is 4 months. Hopefully this will help my thinning edges. I am also going to try the coffee rinses for the shedding.

Garlic pills will help too :)

Ok so I've been applying to my edges since about 3 weeks ago and I must say it has grown in considerably. I apply oil after I apply mn 2%. I also apply mn after wetting my edges a lil. Hope that helps!

I only read the first couple of pages, but I think several ladies said this is great for dermatitis?! I am desperate for something to help since my last appointment at the dermatologist/allergy clinic demonstrated I wasn't allergic to any chemicals that could be leading to itching and severe dermatitis :cry2: Thanks for any feedback ladies who use it for this purpose :yep:

So do most of you ladies put it straight on... No diluting or mixing it with anything... And does anyone use the generic or store brand?
Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Hi. I started off mixing it with Keracare essential oils for a few weeks and then worked up to applying neat from the tube. I don't use generic brands - here in UK Daktarin (one of the main brands of MN) was pretty cheap so I went with that. I got a bit of a headache first time I did it undiluted, bujt tried a lighter application again 4 days later with no problems. HTH

So do most of you ladies put it straight on... No diluting or mixing it with anything... And does anyone use the generic or store brand?
Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

I don't use my straight on. It costs too much for me to do that. I mix mine with MT, sublimed sulfur, JBCO, cayenne pepper oil, and Afroveda Shikakai Hair Growth Elixir. I use it three times a week. And I do buy the generic brand, I see no reason to pay extra money just for the box to say Monistat, especially since I'm not using it for it's intended purpose, lol!

ladies i have a ?: are you all still purchasing MN from the dollar store?? i've been to about 4 and they dont have it anymore.where are u getting your stash?thnx

Dizz,

It's been working well so far :yep:. I've had issues with my hairline since law school, so that's really where I'm concentrating my efforts. I'm going to start applying the mix there every day, and on the rest of the scalp 2-3x/week. It's got enough moisture that my hair doesn't get dried out and I can leave it in without having to wash the next day.

beauti,

I get my MN from CVS or Walgreens. I buy the generic 3 or 7 packs.

Well it's been almost two weeks of inconsistent use and I've already got some fuzziness in the edges! And I'm one week post relaxer so this is fast! Yay!

I've had a recent setback so I started using MN again (edges and corners of nape gone/chewed up - bunning straight back instead of laying downs sides like usual, and poor relaxer technique of starting on one side and just going straight across to the other. I know better). I used MN 2 years ago for 2 months when I first started my hair journey. I stopped because my daily use regimen was getting expensive, and I didn't want to suffer ill effects as I did experience some burning after multiple applications before a new wash.

I've been using MN sporadically for the past 2 weeks now and my gray edges began to fill in almost instantly. I usually curse my grays but in this instance, I'm happy to see them popping up and sprouting! I'm a daily washer/cowasher and wet bunner this time around. I let my hair air dry and during the late morning or afternoon apply MN to my edges. I use 4% straight directly to the scalp, Target brand, about $8.69 for 3 vials per box.

Back