MHM Hangout

I've been consistent with the MHM but I find it so hard to push myself to do it as often as I should. I'm used to washing once a week, so having to "do" my hair any more than that just feels like a hassle. I really need to be doing this at least 3 days a week.

My actual method really isn't that complicated:

Wash - Trader Joe's TTT and baking soda - leave on for a few minutes then rinse
Condition - Crece Pelo, Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream or Chocolate Bliss, Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed, or Elucence Moisture Balancing mixed with hot water - leave on under a shower cap for 20 minutes, detangle, then rinse
Clay - Rhassoul mixed with coconut milk and a bit of hot water - leave on under shower cap for 20 minutes then rinse
Leave-In - Shescentit Coco Creme, watered-down Eden's Bodyworks Coconut Shea, or watered-down Tresemme conditoner (my least favorite)
Gel - FSG with some drops of Shescentit Pumpkin Seed Defrizzer Oil to preserve

I use the same bowl for everything. I just rinse and mix in between steps. Admittedly, I am getting a little sick of having to make a fresh batch of FSG every week or so. I also need to start incorporating at least a LITTLE APB Hair Cream on my ends. I have so many jars that I don't want to go to waste.

As I mentioned yesterday, I oiled my twist, put them on perm rods and then water rinsed. I slept with the perm rods. When I took them out this morning, my hair was still soaking wet. My hair just dried around 11:30. Optimally I think it would have been good to oil my twists while they were still damp but I didn't think of it. The good news is that my hair is not frizzy or tangled and that is a first in my lifetime. They do feel a bit hard and crunchy. They are not as moisturized feeling as I like. I just need them to hold out until Wednesday which I think they will. Next time I will rinse and then oil when damp. This is definitely worth repeating. I would have never thought it was conditioner build up that was causing my hair to feel dry. :oops:

I will rinse again on Wednesday. I'm in a happy place :drunk:

I'm going to start experimenting with other natural cleansers. I never really felt comfortable using bs (fine strands), but I don't like the ACV either. I mean, I like what it does, I just don't like the idea...

I need to research and find out what else is out there. I'm interested in soap nuts, cleansing with honey (I read that was a thing?), etc. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

For shampoo bars I love Anita Grants Bergamot or Peppermint Babassu bars but it is hard to get so when I see I buy multiple bars. I will not kid you after to use her stuff everything else with pale in comparison. Trust me I tried them all never the same.

I also use to black soap with aloe and neem. The black soap is the easiest I get a bar of black soap that is free trade from a local store shave about 1/8 of it and put it a 32 ounce bottle bottle filled half way with water. It will disintegrate in a few days then I add in an 8 ounce bottle of aloe gel, about 4 ounces of neem and a little more water. What I like best about it is you can use it for your hair and body .

The cleansing with honey sounds interesting - I wonder if the honey powder would work the same as raw honey??

January, leave in only:

I'm so excited for you.. I was like, "aahhh she chopped!".. lmbo *thoughts of a lurker*
Iv'e been lurking in MHM since inception & I am still transitioning but I did complete the cycle twice last year. We were about the some time post and I couldn't wait to see you chop :yep: Your curls are poppin' sis, I had to twist my hair before I grabbed to sissors:nervous2:

I'm going to start experimenting with other natural cleansers.

I don't have a problem with the BS or ACV but I wanted to try different cleansers, conditioners and leave-in too! Plus I'm looking for an alternative to KCNT

Well I bought a sample of Living Proof Curl Travel Kit
The travel kit contains:

Curl Conditioning Wash: A sulfate-free, silicon free non-lathering conditioning wash that gently cleans hair of dirt, oil & build-up while conditioning and nourishing curls. (Nope! Made my hair feel rough)
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Isoamyl Laurate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-55, Xylitol, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Quaternium-87, Decyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lactitol, Cystoseria Compressa Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Amaranth Protein, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Propanediol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate.

Curl Detangling Rinse: A water activated formula that defines, detangles and preps natural curls in the shower for frizz-free styles. (didn't work for me! Hair remained tangled and it felt rough!)
Ingredients: Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethylenedimonium Ethosulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Isopentyldiol, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Sodium PCA, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Glycolic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Extended Curl Memory Technology featuring:
-OFPMA: Repels humidity for superior frizz protection and keeps hair cleaner, longer.
-Time-released Conditioners: Provide residue-free cuticle smoothing for long-lasting curl definition.
-Emollient and Polymer Blend: Delivers flexible hold and long-lasting, resilient, touchable curls.

Curl Defining Styling Cream : A silicone-free styling cream that controls and defines curls with light hold and extra conditioning. (can't really tell if it worked. Will try again)
Ingredients: Water, Polyurethane-35, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Polyamide-8, Glycerin, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Phytosteryl Sunflowerseedate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, PEG-8 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PFM/MA Copolymer, Glycolic Acid, Triisopropanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Calcium Gluconate, Gluconolactone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene

I bought this separate. Not part of the kit.
No Frizz Leave in Conditioner: A lightweight conditioner that detangles, conditions and fights frizz. Powered by our patented Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA), which is the biggest breakthrough in anti-frizz technology in over 30 years. Our Healthy Hair Molecule (Hated it! Didn't make my hair feel moisturized at all) Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyfluoroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional

I also bought Diva Curl Kit.

DevaCurl No-Poo™- is a gentle rescue for frizzy, unmanageable curls. Cleans and conditions very dry, damaged hair and scalp. Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance
LOVED IT! My tangles just melted away! I could finger comb through my hair after putting this in.

DevaCurl One Condition-Is a daily conditioner that keeps curls shiny and manageable with an ultra-creamy super rich conditioner. Restores, hydrates, neutralizes odor and eliminates product residue.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricia) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance(Parfum).
It was pretty good but it didn't give me the slip I have with KCKT but I want to try it again!

Ultra Defining Gel - This botanically infused cream conditions, enhances and defines curls. Provides natural hold, humidity resistance and leaves curls moisturized and frizz free. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Laureth-4, Ethyl Macadamiate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).
Jury is still out on this one. I used it to roller set (it was OK). I need to see how it behaves when I use it correctly and it is hot and humid outside .

Spray Gel - This alcohol-free, non-flaking spray gel provides maximum curl retention, definition, lift, and a crunch-free hold. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum).
Update...I used this for a roller set and I love it!!! My hair is soft, curly, and it looked hydrated (I'm usually putting oil on my hair after a roller set. I didn't need to with this).

Styling Cream - This botanically infused cream conditions, enhances and defines curls. Provides natural hold, humidity resistance and leaves curls moisturized and frizz free. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Laureth-4, Ethyl Macadamiate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).
Haven't used this yet

Last edited:
I washed my hair yesterday. I strayed from DubaiDee's modification just a little lol. I rinsed and then conditioned/ DCd with KCCC and FIN Hemp and Meadowfoam. I rinsed and noticed that my hair felt coated. I don't know if it felt good/bad or if I am just used to how naked hair feels, but... yeah. I detangled with my clay (rhassoul/ s.bentonite, water, ACV, milk). Applied oil, rinsed and used diluted KCCC to finish. I slept with my hair uncovered- I am loving this (only when 'freshly washed wet' as I literally have to do nothing to my hair in the morning:supergrin:). I even forgot to mist it a little this morning.

Oh, and I dusted again- my last thorough one was in January I think

Everytime you post a pic I think, our hair looks just alike :)

had to take a break from the modified method. I need conditioner. I was getting breakage like crazy. Rant: Im tired of mixing clay and treatments and I'm never making fsg again. Im over it.

I wish it was easier like you ladies. I hope to back on the method by the beg of may

I felt just like you as far as mixing things up. One, my home life is crazy busy right now and I ain't got time for all that and two, I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. This is why I buy a ready made clay wash and gel. Since I do the modified method these are the only two products I'm using and they are working wonderfully for my hair. I recently cut my hair so I use very little of both which is good because they are both pricey. But this works for me.

I think I have found a clay mix I really, really like.

I had been experiencing a little bit of breakage during the clay step, and was missing my conditioner. I did the CLCT, which my hair LOVES and that helped.

So, I added slippery elm powder for slip, milk powder to moisturize, and sage powder to strengthen, to my Calcium Bentonite. I filled a canister with water, ACV and added rosemary oil, cedarwood oil, sweet almond oil, a little EVOO, and a little honey.

I added 4tbsp of my clay/milk/slippery elm mix to the applicator bottle and filled the rest up with my water/ACV/oils mix. When I added it to my hair, I had so much slip! I was able to detangle without breakage!! My hair was shiny and soft, and was clumping well.

I will be using it again to see if I can duplicate the results.

I also use to black soap with aloe and neem. The black soap is the easiest I get a bar of black soap that is free trade from a local store shave about 1/8 of it and put it a 32 ounce bottle bottle filled half way with water. It will disintegrate in a few days then I add in an 8 ounce bottle of aloe gel, about 4 ounces of neem and a little more water. What I like best about it is you can use it for your hair and body .

The cleansing with honey sounds interesting - I wonder if the honey powder would work the same as raw honey??
Oooh, I'ma try the black soap thing. SO trynna be down with my clay now :rolleyes:, he might be interested in this soap blend too.

re: honey powder vs raw honey. I have raw honey granules from vitacost, hope they work. I already add it to my clay mix. I need to research it fully before I end up with a sticky head. :lol:

I'm so excited for you.. I was like, "aahhh she chopped!".. lmbo *thoughts of a lurker*
Iv'e been lurking in MHM since inception & I am still transitioning but I did complete the cycle twice last year. We were about the some time post and I couldn't wait to see you chop :yep: Your curls are poppin' sis, I had to twist my hair before I grabbed to sissors:nervous2:
Awww, thank you so much! :kiss:

But :look: stay strong, girl. While I love finally being natural, I'm at an awkward length, so... bleh. Try to stick it out if you can. :look:

I don't have a problem with the BS or ACV but I wanted to try different cleansers, conditioners and leave-in too! Plus I'm looking for an alternative to KCNT

Well I bought a sample of Living Proof Curl Travel Kit
The travel kit contains:

Curl Conditioning Wash: A sulfate-free, silicon free non-lathering conditioning wash that gently cleans hair of dirt, oil & build-up while conditioning and nourishing curls. (Nope! Made my hair feel rough)
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Isoamyl Laurate, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-55, Xylitol, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride, Quaternium-87, Decyl Glucoside, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Lactitol, Cystoseria Compressa Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Amaranth Protein, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Propanediol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate.

Curl Detangling Rinse: A water activated formula that defines, detangles and preps natural curls in the shower for frizz-free styles. (didn't work for me! Hair remained tangled and it felt rough!)
Ingredients: Water, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethylenedimonium Ethosulfate, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Isopentyldiol, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Sodium PCA, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Glycolic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Extended Curl Memory Technology featuring:
-OFPMA: Repels humidity for superior frizz protection and keeps hair cleaner, longer.
-Time-released Conditioners: Provide residue-free cuticle smoothing for long-lasting curl definition.
-Emollient and Polymer Blend: Delivers flexible hold and long-lasting, resilient, touchable curls.

Curl Defining Styling Cream : A silicone-free styling cream that controls and defines curls with light hold and extra conditioning. (can't really tell if it worked. Will try again)
Ingredients: Water, Polyurethane-35, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (PolyfluoroEster), Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Polyacrylate-13, Polyamide-8, Glycerin, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Phytosteryl Sunflowerseedate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Cystoseira Compressa Extract, PEG-8 Stearate, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Behenyl Alcohol, Polyisobutene, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PFM/MA Copolymer, Glycolic Acid, Triisopropanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Calcium Gluconate, Gluconolactone, Benzyl Alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene

I bought this separate. Not part of the kit.
No Frizz Leave in Conditioner: A lightweight conditioner that detangles, conditions and fights frizz. Powered by our patented Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA), which is the biggest breakthrough in anti-frizz technology in over 30 years. Our Healthy Hair Molecule (Hated it! Didn't make my hair feel moisturized at all) Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PolyfluoroEster, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Quaternium-87, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional

I also bought Diva Curl Kit.

DevaCurl No-Poo™- is a gentle rescue for frizzy, unmanageable curls. Cleans and conditions very dry, damaged hair and scalp. Ingredients: Aqueous Extracts of: Achilea Millefolium, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Cymbopogon Schoenanthus, Humulus Lupulus (Hops), Melissa Offcinalis (Balm Mint), Rosmarinus Offcinalis (Rosemary), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Grape Seed Oil, Peppermint Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Oat Amino Acids, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance
LOVED IT! My tangles just melted away! I could finger comb through my hair after putting this in.

DevaCurl One Condition-Is a daily conditioner that keeps curls shiny and manageable with an ultra-creamy super rich conditioner. Restores, hydrates, neutralizes odor and eliminates product residue.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cetyl Esters, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Oleo Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricia) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance(Parfum).
It was pretty good but it didn't give me the slip I have with KCKT but I want to try it again!

Ultra Defining Gel - This botanically infused cream conditions, enhances and defines curls. Provides natural hold, humidity resistance and leaves curls moisturized and frizz free. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Laureth-4, Ethyl Macadamiate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).
Jury is still out on this one. I used it to rollerset (it was OK). I need to see how it behaves when I use it correctly and it is hot and humid outside .

Spray Gel - This alcohol-free, non-flaking spray gel provides maximum curl retention, definition, lift, and a crunch-free hold. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), VP/VA Copolymer, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-10 Sunflower Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Propylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum).
Haven't used this yet.

Styling Cream - This botanically infused cream conditions, enhances and defines curls. Provides natural hold, humidity resistance and leaves curls moisturized and frizz free. 100% Sulfate, Paraben, and Silicone Free. Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tapioca Starch, Cetrimonium Chloride, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Laureth-4, Ethyl Macadamiate, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Lauryldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth-20, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum).
Haven't used this yet
Thank you for the reviews! I just bought the Jane Carter kit and the Curls kit from Target. I'll review them using your template once I get to them.

MHM revelation ladies!

Detangling AFTER a clay session spoils my curls. Like duhhh seriously i'm wondering where the heck my definition went and then my lightbulb goes off...nothing good can come from a comb for a curly girl, NOTHING! Combs kill curls. So my curls are momentarily gone (pic to come when my phone charges a bit) but i'm confident it'll take one emergency clay session to get 'em back. My hair feels super moisturized but is obviously not hydrated...my roots are THIRSTY! I'll be sleepin' in my clay tonight!

20150414_191700-1_zpsraqe4vbw.jpg

Even my canopy is completely frizzy...and that the 1st place to show hydration.
20150414_191724-1_zpsugrcbkw1.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a really good wash day. I didn't feel like doing the full method, so I hopped in the shower did a quick ACV and left conditioner in for about 5min and then rinsed. Surprisingly my hair felt amazing. I'm so sick of shrinkage with these wngs, so I decided to do a twistout and I pinned my ends to stretch it more.

Hopefully it turns out ok. The only product i used was a leavein. I also used my trekk brush. I had sooo much shed hair.

Attached is my hair about 40% dry, no product.

Attachments

• rps20150414_211426.jpg
    rps20150414_211426.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
I got my hair trimmed, blown and flat ironed last Friday and I feel better about my hair in its curly state. However, I think I'm stunting my own progress by wearing wigs. I'm honestly just not comfortable with my density or length and I have bald edges. I've decided to wean myself off the wig by getting 2 tracks of clip ins with kinky curly hair and then eventually weaning myself off of that.

I did a full cycle last night and I can tell the difference between just using water in my clay mix versus using ACV and EVO which I did last night. I think I was a lil heavy with the ACV because it felt kind of dryish but not really dry. It's hard to explain but once I added my kknt it was fine. My coils looked bangin but oh well, they are hidden under this wig. I'm gonna free myself soon and post pics because I like what MHM is doing.

Last edited:
I got my hair trimmed, blown and flat ironed last Friday and I feel better about my hair in its curly state. However, I think I'm stunting my own progress by wearing wigs. I'm honestly just not comfortable with my density or length and I have bald edges. I've decided to wean myself off the wig by getting 2 tracks of clip ins with kinky curly hair and then eventually weaning myself off of that.

I did a full cycle last night and I can tell the difference between just using water in my clay mix versus using ACV and EVO which I did last night. I think I was a lil heavy with the ACV because it felt kind of dryish but not really dry. It's hard to explain but once I added my kknt it was fine. My coils looked bangin but oh well, they are hidden under this wig. I'm gonna free myself soon and post pics because I like what MHM is doing.

I used to feel the same way about my hair when I BC. I wore wigs 24/7. To help me wheen myself off of the wigs, I decided to only wear wigs at work and not wear wigs on the weekend. And then eventually I felt comfortable enough to wear my hair out.

Ok, so my hair turned out ok with just using a leave-in as my styler. My hair is very soft and fluffy; however My hair still did not dry all the way, so the roots are starting to frizz. I still like the look. I just thought since my hair wasnt drenching wet and I didnt use a heavy styler, I thought my hair would be dry in the morning. I'll add pics too this post in a min.

On the plus side, I really like that I was able to do everything in the shower. Clarify and condition w/o using the clay. I might do the full MHM once a week and then do my modified mid week.

Washing my hair tonight. :yawn:

I just got the Goddess Curls gel, planning to try it tonight. Has anybody used it? What can I expect?

I LOVE that product. It makes my curls look so defined and shiney. But it really depends on your preference. I found that people that like the thicker gels ie Eco styler do not like this gel. It is a very light gel, almost like a more solid form of FSG; but not runny like FSG.

I LOVE that product. It makes my curls look so defined and shiney. But it really depends on your preference. I found that people that like the thicker gels ie Eco styler do not like this gel. It is a very light gel, almost like a more solid form of FSG; but not runny like FSG.
Hmm... I do love thicker gels... but I'm learning to hate the crunch. Ok, I'll try it for a wng, but if it starts looking crazy, I'll re-wet and do a twist out instead. Plan. :up: :lol:

Hmm... I do love thicker gels... but I'm learning to hate the crunch. Ok, I'll try it for a wng, but if it starts looking crazy, I'll re-wet and do a twist out instead. Plan. :up: :lol:

Just make sure that you apply the gel in small-med sections and that your hair is throughly wet prior to applying the gel.

I used to feel the same way about my hair when I BC. I wore wigs 24/7. To help me wheen myself off of the wigs, I decided to only wear wigs at work and not wear wigs on the weekend. And then eventually I felt comfortable enough to wear my hair out.
Thank you so much because it helps to know I'm not the only one. Perhaps that's what I will do. I've had a relaxer since I was 9 and I think it psychologically screwed me up.

Back