Men and their approaches

And that's exactly it. :)

These men are definitely attracted. The bigger issue is whether or not they'll act on that attraction.

Both of the men in my story were attracted to me. But that attraction didn't translate into dating/relationships.

Exactly. :yep: Just because a guy is attracted, it doesn't necessarily mean he wants a relationship with you...or a SERIOUS one for that matter. :ohwell: I had to learn that the hard way unfortunately. If I had a dime for every guy who was "attracted" to me, I'd probably be rich right about now. LOL...I don't say that to be conceited...honest! :lol: But ask me how many guys actually wanted a serious relationship with me? And or could do something about their attraction? Ummm...I'd be like a poor pauper scrabbling for any little crumb. :nono:

As for you, I can relate being the nice and friendly "cool" girl that everyone likes but that doesn't get many dates. I actually think, and have been advised in this sense, to be less open. Sure be friendly, polite, etc., but don't be so "cool." Be mysterious and make men want to know more about you... don't accidentally "friend zone" yourself by being nice and cool to everyone!

You know what?? This is actually pretty good advice! Because to be honest, the guys that I"ve been "mysterious" with are usually the ones that end up more interested in me! And it's usually because I'm NOT attracted to them so I'm being more subdued. :giggle: But I don't know how to "fake" mysteriousness with guys that I'm attracted to. It seems that when a guy that I'm attracted to interacts with me, I automatically act more "livelier". Not because I'm trying to impress him, but more so because that's how I am in general, and because I'm attracted to him, and he makes me smile. :)

But I think I'll tone down my "bubbly" side when it comes to guys that I'm really attracted to. I'll have to work on this though because this is not my natural inclination. You always find yourself smiling extra wide when a guy who is handsome, built, intelligent, and charming is striking up a conversation with you. But substitute him for some old joe blow, and all of a sudden you're getting "bored" with conversation, or his jokes somehow aren't that funny. lol*

I have to get over this! :wallbash: Because I think I do friend-zone myself without even realizing it.

Last edited:
Back