Membership Fees

Camille

I hear a lot of people talking about August being the annual renewal date. I believe I paid sometime in October or even after that. This is actually when I can expect to renew my memebership correct?

TIA
Cam

I believe so. Go to your User CP and go down the Control Panel on the left side. There is a Miscellaneous heading and go to Paid Subscriptions under that. It'll tell you when your subscription expires.

Camille said:
I hear a lot of people talking about August being the annual renewal date. I believe I paid sometime in October or even after that. This is actually when I can expect to renew my memebership correct?

TIA
Cam

Right. You renew it the same month you've subscribed.

That is correct. Your subscription is for 365 days. The first people that subscribed back in August 2004 will be required to pay the annual fee at that time again when their whole year elapsed.

Until yesterday the subscriptions were not recurring. So if the time elapses you won't have the option to post. We implemented a new feature whereas the subscription will renew itself after a year.

Meaning paying for a friend also i.e. 10 dollars instead of 5 or sending a donation which was more than 5 dollars?

dimopoulos said:
We implemented a new feature whereas the subscription will renew itself after a year.

Does this mean my paypal acct will be automatically be charged or there are no more subscription fees?

monister

monister said:
nikos said they implemented a feature where the subscription automatically renews itself...

monister
so if we have paypal, it will automatically take out 5 dollars??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Do we not get to decide whether or not to subscribe again???

Poohbear said:
so if we have paypal, it will automatically take out 5 dollars??? :confused: :confused: :confused: Do we not get to decide whether or not to subscribe again???

that's what my question is...i'm also confused :confused:

monister

I need that clarification as well. I was under the impression that all Paypal activity had to be authorized first. I think I will contact Paypal since there is still some confusion here.

carolina_belle said:
I need that clarification as well. I was under the impression that all Paypal activity had to be authorized first. I think I will contact Paypal since there is still some confusion here.
From my experience with paypal it has to say subscription in the transaction for it to be one. If you all just sent money then no, it won't be automatically debited every year it has to be authorized first.

If it is set up now to automatically be renewed it will do just that but you can cancel the subscription at any time. For the ladies that just sent money to the required paypal account before this feature was put into place it doesn't apply to you.

Yes you have a choice, if you don't want to autmatically renew, you will have to cancel the subscription transaction. At the end of your subscription period however, you will no longer be able to view all of the boards or post but it is automatically renewed if the subscription is not cancelled. By the way, we no longer take payments via postal mail - Bev:)

Back