Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

No, but I have been wondering if I should find some hydrolized keratin, and pour it into the new bottle I got... :look:

MrsJaiDiva, I think you should add the keratin to the bottle. It should work great. Just add a little first and test it for about a week and then you can add a little more if needed.

about them changing the ingredients and it must still work.... I don't think so. I believe a lot of people got hooked on how great megatek was and like all companies do, The got greedy and changed the ingredients to make an even bigger profit. They know Megatek and ovation are a brand now and not too many people are into ingredients anyway. So the name is out there whether it will still work or not. They got greedy when they made Ovation for double the price and half of the product of megatek.

People who were accustomed to buying megatek are still going to buy it not knowing they changed the ingredients. Plus they are constantly getting new customers so they don't care about whether it works or not anymore.

MrsJaiDiva, I think you should add the keratin to the bottle. It should work great. Just add a little first and test it for about a week and then you can add a little more if needed.

about them changing the ingredients and it must still work.... I don't think so. I believe a lot of people got hooked on how great megatek was and like all companies do, The got greedy and changed the ingredients to make an even bigger profit. They know Megatek and ovation are a brand now and not too many people are into ingredients anyway. So the name is out there whether it will still work or not. They got greedy when they made Ovation for double the price and half of the product of megatek.

People who were accustomed to buying megatek are still going to buy it not knowing they changed the ingredients. Plus they are constantly getting new customers so they don't care about whether it works or not anymore.

I'm on the hunt for some...apparently they only sell it by the Vat for a couple thousand dollars. :nono: And I gotta agree about it working differently now...because I used it the way I did, I can feel the change. It's not as potent as it was, for sure.

I'm piss until i read this thread i didn't know and its not working like it used too. Thabks for posting!

JustGROWwithIt I've manage to make my last for a year. I use 1-2 oz at most in my mixes. It did help that I took a break for a few month. As much as Amla stinks I'm saving my last bit to mix with that in hope to go out with a bang

I found a place that sells the hydrolized keratin protein. I should be getting it by Monday...if it works, I will definitely share my findings with the group!

I found a place that sells the hydrolized keratin protein. I should be getting it by Monday...if it works, I will definitely share my findings with the group!

I tried order some from Lotioncrafters but, they don't deliver to my APO box:nono:. I very interested to know where you ordered yours. Hopefully it was not Lotionscrafters. I did send them an email saying they should use USPS:yep:. I can't be the only person on a military base who wants to buy their products.

I got my order today. I wanted to get it before I reccomended them here. There was spillage, so I just want to warn that this company is a bit sloppy with the goods. I requested priority, and they could have done a better job with packaging....maybe I'm spoiled by Amazon, and Ayurnaturalbeauty.com. Anywhoo...I ordered from http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/ They have a great selection of essential oils, and other oils. I "may" order from them again...we'll see.

How's everyone been doing with their MT applications? Experiencing any growth yet?
Today I am going to be washing my hair so I decided to do a prepoo. I started with parting my hair in 4 sections and detangling with my fingers thoroughly. Then dampened with a little water, applied Beemine Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner, combed through, then applied Hydratherma Naturals moisturizing DC, then MT, and finally a generous amount of EVOO. I covered with a plastic baggy and then my thermal heat wrap. I've had it sitting on my hair for about 6 hours or so...just too busy to wash it out. But I'm curious to see how my hair likes it. If it works well I may try leaving it on overnight next time before wash day...:yep:

The condition of my hair has been improving greatly by Dc'ing overnight with MT. I think I caught it before I had a Real setback from over-moisturizing my hair. My ends always felt crispy, and my front was thinning out. This time I am firmly sticking with what works for me...

I think I too will start deep conditioning overnight with mt mixed with another conditioner. I will be taking down my twists next week and doing a length check so I will deep condition overnight then. I have to trim as well and I hate trimming. I will take pictures so hopefully it comes out right.

How often is everyone DC'ing with MT? I originally planned on once a month or even bi-monthly. But it's turn into weekly. My hair loves it. And as my prepoo results? LOVED IT! My hair felt wonderful. Strong yet moisturized, firm yet soft. Make any sense? :drunk: I also applied it to my hair after my shampoo for about 10 mins. As I did my twists my hair felt great. It definately loves protein. I saw only a few little broken hairs. Nothing to be overly concerned about. I just need to trim these brittle ends with and old dye on them. Bad decision:nono:....But the MT is holding them up nicely still.

How often is everyone DC'ing with MT? I originally planned on once a month or even bi-monthly. But it's turn into weekly. My hair loves it. And as my prepoo results? LOVED IT! My hair felt wonderful. Strong yet moisturized, firm yet soft. Make any sense? :drunk: I also applied it to my hair after my shampoo for about 10 mins. As I did my twists my hair felt great. It definately loves protein. I saw only a few little broken hairs. Nothing to be overly concerned about. I just need to trim these brittle ends with and old dye on them. Bad decision:nono:....But the MT is holding them up nicely still.

My hair loves protein so it's a win with MT

I do a 'treatment' once a week

My Mega tek just arrived in the mail.................... & its the NEW VERSION :wallbash:

Oh well, yall let me know if you are still receiving the same results with this new verion.

Grrrrrrr, I have learned to always check the ingredients before I purchase something to make sure it's the version I want

I DC with it every 4+ days with it, so anywhere from 1-2x's a week. My hair loves protein, so it's been feeling a lot healthier everytime I DC with it. The next day I do a shikakai cowash which is very moisturizing, and then condition with AO White Camelia or Aussie Moist. So far, my hair hasn't felt like its in need of a DC....but that might be because I use a dab of AO WC, and ceramide oils in my spray bottle mixture.

I have been applying this for about a month now. I used it last year and seen some good growth (didn't measure so I don't know how much though).

How I plan to use it: mixed with wonder 8 oil (JBCO after I run out of Wonder8) and apply to scalp every other day. Condition with it between installs.
Regimen: Protective style with braids.
Current length and goal: Layered BSL, goal is WL.

After reading about the ingredient change, I've decided to take myself out of this challenge. I'm going to try Ovation and another product instead.

So last night I parted my hair in 4 sections and finger detangled then applied MT to each section and twisted my hair into 4 balls. I put a plastic cap over my hair and left it on until around 4pm today. My hair felt nice and smooth, soft after I rinsed it out. After shampooing and combing conditioner through I rinsed and applied MT to my 4 sections again and then Beemine Bee-u-ti-ful deep conditioner on top of MT and I am now sitting under my steamer. I will steam for approx 45 mins and then rinse out. We'll see how it goes! My hair is definately improving. But I was noticing some breakage this week so that's why I decided to up my MT application this week. Hope it helps!
How is everyone else doing?

I've been using MT for about the past 2 days. Will stick with "how I do," which is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.

On those "Off Times" I rotate the other Growth Aides that I've been using.:yep:

I like Mega-Tek. When I first started my HHJ, I had a Bald Spot about the Size of a Fifty Cent Piece (in April) by June, it had completely filled in.

So, I am a huge fan of Mega-Tek and seen what it can do.

You do have to keep your moisture on point because it can be a tad drying. I had found that after about 2 weeks solid, my scalp was getting tender/sore, which led me to using it 2 weeks on 2 off.

I'd like to try it as a Protein DC'er, but just haven't done it yet.

I use (in no particular order):

Extra Dark JBCO & JBCO w/Pimento
Mizani Night-time Intense Rx
Camille Rose Growth Serum
Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion, Oil & Follicle Booster
Claudie Iman Butter & Claudie Temple Balm Revitalizer
"Grow My Hair" From ButtersNBars
Sprout from Hairitage Hydrations
Roots Nourishing Hair Creme - Njoi CreationS
Christine Gant's Healthy Hair Butta' & CG's Neem Oil

JustGROWwithIt

I want to join, but is there an alternative to using garlic pills for shedding, pills give me chest pain.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

I started using Megatek when I found LHCF, this was the first recommended product I purchased. I used it nightly with no oils or added ingredients, applied to my thinning edges and crown, bagged overnight and condition washed in the morning.

Within 2 months, my edges filled in, the thinning spot in the crown was begining to show improvement, and the overall length and thickness really increased.

I dc 3-4 times weekly and after approx. 6 months of doing this, I brought Glovers treatment mixed with sulfur 8 into rotation as megatek was making my scalp sore.

I now substitute Tiva growth oil when the megatek starts causing scalp soreness and plan on using some of the growth aids IdareTshair listed.:yep:

ETA-mixed Megatek with JBCO and started using moisturizing leavein to fight dryness.

*dang apostrophe key doesnt work*

Last edited:
I want to join, but is there an alternative to using garlic pills for shedding, pills give me chest pain.

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Perhaps you could either mix the garilic pills (if in capsule form) in with your conditioner, do tea/coffee rinses or ingest the raw form of the garlic.

Hey everyone still using the new formula, have you noticed any noticeable growth right now? I am currently on a 3 week hiatus from it since I couldnt bring the large bottle with me on the plane, so I am itching to get back to using it to see if it will work.

Back