Meet Luther And His Cup Of Tea

:infatuated:

While I love the love that he has for his wife, and the vigil he is keeping over her is beautiful, his final comments made me think of something we talk about here often. In summary: husbands/men will kill you (if you allow them). :lol: She took good care of him and allllll his kids, and now she’s laid up in ICU, while he’s as healthy as an ox, doing push ups at 99. :look: :twocents:

While I love the love that he has for his wife, and the vigil he is keeping over her is beautiful, his final comments made me think of something we talk about here often. In summary: husbands/men will kill you (if you allow them). :lol: She took good care of him and allllll his kids, and now she’s laid up in ICU, while he’s as healthy as an ox, doing push ups at 99. :look: :twocents:
Very true. A man I dated in the past said his mother said the same thing to him. She was miserable most of her marriage and now she is too old and sick to get out.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

See ma’am. Don’t do this :lachen: every time I try to allow loving emotions to shine, here y’all go reminding me to just keep swimming, away :abducted:

Awwwww . . . .

giphy.gif

I thought it was cute how he started to run a little. It's funny how childlike people get in their old age.

This story is soooo sweet but....

Why doesn’t he have a car? I know this is NYC but still.

After all them kids none of them will pitch in and buy you a car?

I’m salty. Working hard is bad your adrenals, Sis.
He lives in Rochester (upstate NY) not NYC. But he's 99 years old. Probably a good thing that he isn't driving and his daughter drives him around.

I thought it was cute how he started to run a little. It's funny how childlike people get in their old age.

He lives in Rochester (upstate NY) not NYC. But he's 99 years old. Probably a good thing that he isn't driving and his daughter drives him around.
That's true. It's commendable that he's able to do this at this age. And I think it's sooo sweet but I have been feeling some kind of way lately. A lot of men like this put the women through hell and live their BEST life while the woman is (taking care of all his children that are not even his). The women run themselves raggedy trying to keep these men and be "strong" for the family in exchange for having a husband. Their health, wellbeing, and life suffers because of it. :(

1 - it is 3 miles one way and 6 miles round trip
2 - How many kids is all is his kids?
3 - how he walks reminds me of my dad. That military march.

ETA - I teared up. She had a no good husband and told him she needed somebody sweet. He kept saying she was the best cup a tea he every had. She told him he had to go if he didn't work. So he went to work every day.

I think they were a good match. Cause the first husband might have killed her sooner.

And she has a brain tumor! I know a number of young people who had brain tumors. They are now deceased.

I saw this video early this morning and thought the same thing! Lol

Had to repost :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

FabulousRegularGadwall-size_restricted.gif

I keep coming back into this thread to read your post and everytime I just lol. Then when I get to the bolded my face is like this guy in the gif.

Girl, I had tears in my eyes when I was watching the video without sound just reading the subtitles. Thinking about how I want a man that would do the same. Then half way though I decided to get some earphones and watch and listen from the beginning to this beautiful love story. Now that I've finished watching, my eyes are bone dry and I'm thinking worse than what you wrote. Hell what you wrote put a cherry on top of my feelings. Why do I get the impression Ms Waverlee has had a hard life?
And just had many children does Mr Luther have? Plus as a fit and healthy 99 year old, what else would he be doing, if not going to see his wife everyday anyways? Plus if people offer him a ride then he can get to his wife quicker and spend more time with her. So I don't know why he's being treated like a mini celebrity for walking 3 miles to see his sick wife. Plenty of women have done that and more in the same situation.

Just to show y'all how jaded I am, I put this story in the Feel Good Memes thread a few days back and it NEVAH entered my mind to put it here where it belongs. :lachen:

Your spoiler is the God's honest truth. My mother took care of my father through seizures and then cancer, and then her second husband who was a multiple amputee because he refused to take care of his diabetes and for some reason would scream out, "Help she's killing me", so the neighbors would come running to wreck my momma's nerves :lachen:. One day I called to check in and he had his male nurse crying like a little peon in a puddle on the floor. He was an incorrigible tyrant that thought these things were funny but no one laughed but him. When he finally died, we all thought my mom would get some peace and enjoy her life but she died after a simple hernia operation. *sad trombone*

She was miserable most of her marriage and now she is too old and sick to get out.

I'm hoping this part doesn't become me. My hubby is a neat freak so why did he just fill the sink with dirty dishes that he hates to see but the dishwasher is empty and waiting for them? :catfight: Before I married and had kids, I would decide I was sick of place and MOVE. I'm starting to feel that again after all these years but my health is a mess so like I said, I hope this isn't going to be me but it ain't lookin' too good, lol.

Otherwise, this is a beautiful story and I have been "covertly" programming my girls that it's ok to spend your first 50 years of life doing you and then settle down so somebody can take care of/nurse you. It's ok to be selfish. So far, they seem to be succumbing to my grooming. Not sorry.

Last edited:
Back