MEDIATAKEOUT.....nuff said

fashion87

I just wanted to share something that stirred my spirit just now.....some young actress decided to "take out her weave" and wear her natural hair.....and some of the comments people left were so damn ignorant...like "not everyone can pull off the natural look", "we're the hot comb" ??????:perplexed if that's the way it grows out of her head how can she not pull it off.....lmao....so ignorant
http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/33..._is_now_rocking_her_naturally_curly_hair.html

Her hair is really pretty. I really hate mediatakeout and had to stop visiting that website at all.:nono:

You know why. It's "nappy" and not "curly."

ETA: I love it! The shape, the height...soooo much better than that bulky straight weave she was wearing.

I've seen her in High School Musical. (OMG ... did I just admit that?) I personally did not like her weaves and was happy to see her display her real hair. It really brings out her beautiful face.

There will always be ignorant people unfortunately. I'm hoping she doesn't let anyone's negative comments affect her style.

i dunno it just amazes me because you can't help the hair your born with so i dunno why she wouldn't be able to "pull it off"

She is soooo cute and I love her hair! She has a lot of hair! I might not style it the way she did but I love her hair. If I had that much natural hair on my head right now... I'd be playing in it ALL day.

Ofcourse there'll ALWAYS be people with dumb comments... that, unfortunately, is how life is.

Last edited:
A lot of MediaTakeOut's regular readers are very ignorant. I actually check the sight regularly for pictures of celebs etc. But I stopped reading the comments a long time ago because there are a lot of hooked-on-phonics posters there. I am sure Monique (the actress in the article) is not checking for those losers. She DOES look a ton better without the weave.

I don't like it. I don't know what she looked like with the weave, but I don't like the way her hair is styled.

People kill me but it's ok to see girls with tons of weave looking like this instead of their natural on hair please!!!!!!!

I can't click the link, is it Monique coleman?

Can someone copy and paste the pic over here?

1244463816fp3124897rijheroes.jpg

1244463816fp3124897rijheroes.jpg

I swear there is something about
natural hair that knocks off 10 years.
She looks like a kid. Good for her. I hope this becomes a trend in Hollyweird. :yep:

Thanks pookaloo :)

I love her hair but i don't love the shape.

i'm not made at the thickness, not mad at the texture, again just the shape. She's a beautiful girl, i think with a few simple tweaks to the top she could have rocked it a little better. It would have been perfect if it were balanced with height/width equally everywhere. Hope that makes sense.

Here's the other pic. I think it looks much better than that weave she wears

monique2.jpg

She looks really cute here!! Much better than that crazy silver dress she wore with this hairstyle. You got to be a lil funky to wear this hair style! Have a little bit of stank on it :yep:

Im sorry but when i seen her at the MTV movie awards at first i thought i seen don king(w/ black hair), then i realized the person had on a dress:lachen::ohwell:

This picture looks better, but still it looks like she got electrocuted:ohwell: And it looks a little dry too....

i think it would look much better if she got a trim or a "shape".

What are those people talking about?! She looks AMAZING without her usual weaves! She played in the high school musical movies and I always thought her weaves looked weird, and low and behold she has all this beautiful, luscious hair under it!

P.S. Only criticism I have is that her hair could use a bit of shaping and looks like it could benefit from deep conditioning.

Last edited:
Thanks pookaloo :)

I love her hair but i don't love the shape.

i'm not made at the thickness, not mad at the texture, again just the shape. She's a beautiful girl, i think with a few simple tweaks to the top she could have rocked it a little better. It would have been perfect if it were balanced with height/width equally everywhere. Hope that makes sense.

There's something a lil "off" about this style IMO as well. I can't quite put my finger on it, so maybe you have. Can you elaborate a lil? Are you saying the top should be shorter (less picked) so that it has the same density as the bottom?

It still looks a million times better than that horrible looking weave she wears. Her weaves/wigs make me cringe.

The natural hair ages her a lil though. I know she's older than the characters she portray and with her real hair, she looks like it.

There's something a lil "off" about this style IMO as well. I can't quite put my finger on it, so maybe you have. Can you elaborate a lil? Are you saying the top should be shorter (less picked) so that it has the same density as the bottom?

It still looks a million times better than that horrible looking weave she wears. Her weaves/wigs make me cringe.

The natural hair ages her a lil though. I know she's older than the characters she portray and with her real hair, she looks like it.

Yes, pretty much. It isn't balanced to my eye so it makes it seem a little off. i think the bottom should have been fluffed out just a bit more.

I actually like it (minus the balance issue)

I had to google her to find out what she looked like before. Thank the gods she took that weave out of her head. It was doing no one any good.

I like her natural style, but I agree with Je Nais Se Quoi. From the looks of it, she may have combed it dry. I know my hair takes on some interesting shapes if I comb it while dry, which I used to do before joining LHCF.

But other than that, I love it. It looks pretty awesome.

She's beautiful and her hair is beautiful because it is healthy PERIOD! I hope she keeps rocking it like that so that the WORLD can see that not everyone has or desires their hair to be straight all the time. I wonder if she is a member on a hairboard somewhere?

I am not even going to go look at the comments.

Lol, that is best. If there is anything I have learned from the Internet, it's: Never look at the comments.

She's beautiful and her hair is beautiful because it is healthy PERIOD! I hope she keeps rocking it like that so that the WORLD can see that not everyone has or desires their hair to be straight all the time. I wonder if she is a member on a hairboard somewhere?

I am not even going to go look at the comments.

Back