Me and my boyfriend just broke up

Whimsicalgodess

And I don’t believe in love anymore. I don’t believe that people in long term relationships are actually happy. The ones I’ve seen women complain about cheating, doing most of the work cleaning the house and/or taking care of the children. I don’t believe men when they say they want to marry me someday anymore. I don’t believe anyone will ever love me enough to stay for 30, 40, 50, etc years. I guess I’m just one of those women. 32 years old and I have to start dating again eventually. I thought I was done dating forever. How naive of me…

I’ve given up hope.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Don't feel stupid or naive - it just shows your heart will make the most wonderful gift for a deserving man one day.

But I feel you though. I was heartbroken AGAIN this week and I'm taking a break from the whole men/dating charade.
I'm sure other posters are going to come in with more sensible advice, but yeah I'm just putting my energy into my child and my money because I'm tired of this ****

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Don't feel stupid or naive - it just shows your heart will make the most wonderful gift for a deserving man one day.

But I feel you though. I was heartbroken AGAIN this week and I'm taking a break from the whole men/dating charade.
I'm sure other posters are going to come in with more sensible advice, but yeah I'm just putting my energy into my child and my money because I'm tired of this ****
I’m just really tired. Luckily I start my antidepressants today. Thanks for the encouraging words, I’m sorry you’re going through heart break too

And I don’t believe in love anymore. I don’t believe that people in long term relationships are actually happy. The ones I’ve seen women complain about cheating, doing most of the work cleaning the house and/or taking care of the children. I don’t believe men when they say they want to marry me someday anymore. I don’t believe anyone will ever love me enough to stay for 30, 40, 50, etc years. I guess I’m just one of those women. 32 years old and I have to start dating again eventually. I thought I was done dating forever. How naive of me…

I’ve given up hope.
At 32, I was so heartbroken over some guy tore my whole world up. I wrote about it in detail on this very board. I wish I could remember why I was so broken hearted, or what I even saw in the first place to feel the way I did but like I said, I barely even remember the guy. And that my dear is one of those great things that life will show you. :rose:

At 32, I was so heartbroken over some guy tore my whole world up. I wrote about it in detail on this very board. I wish I could remember why I was so broken hearted, or what I even saw in the first place to feel the way I did but like I said, I barely even remember the guy. And that my dear is one of those great things that life will show you. :rose:
Thank you! Are you in a relationship now?

Thank you! Are you in a relationship now?
Yup. Bigger, better, richer, alladat. It's laughable and borderline embarassing, some of the dudes I used to trip over.

It's a process though. I believe we go through things that show us where not to go again. Then when new options present themselves you become more absolute about what honestly works for you.

Yup. Bigger, better, richer, alladat. It's laughable and borderline embarassing, some of the dudes I used to trip over.

It's a process though. I believe we go through things that show us where not to go again. Then when new options present themselves you become more absolute about what honestly works for you.
Thank you so much for your inspiring words. This made me feel a lot better! I’m glad you were able to have a happy ending

I’ve given up hope.

I've been there. This too shall pass. I remember the break up with my ex many years ago. I took two years off from dating after the breakup to focus on me and having a closer relationship with God. During that time I learned a lot about myself and what I needed from a relationship. After the time off, I met my husband and God made it very clear that he was the one he had chosen for me. We've been married for over 4 years now and have a son. This guy wasnt the right one for you. The right one will come.

Back