MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

Using my final HYH pass to show my end of the year length check!

lunapic_132444610151413_2.jpg

I think I am right on track to hit BSL by late spring and MBL by late summer/early fall.
Any other early reveals?

I straightened but have a bad sinus infection and haven't felt like taking pictures. I was personally disappointed in my current length. However EVERYONE! including my kids keep telling me that my hair has grown. LHCF will make a girl hairnorexic forreall!! Anyway I will post my official starting pic sometime this week.

I really need to figure out where exactly MBL is on me. I saw one chart that had it at the bottom of the bra and another about an inch of so below the bra. Why is growing hair so difficult? * sigh *

Goals for each check-in date

December 31, 2010- No goal for my natural hair but WL overall
April 31, 2011- No goal for my natural hair
August 15, 2011- Past SL for my natural hair
December 31, 2011- Full APL for my natural hair
April 31, 2012- BSL for my natural hair
August 15, 2012- Full MBL natural
December 31, 2012- WL natural

Here's my length check. Got my hair pressed, layered, and curled today. I'm on track with my goals and to make full MBL by next summer!
photo-vi.jpg

I keep forgetting I'm in this challenge lol. Anyways I just got my hair straightened for the last time until 2012 and it looks like I'm still an inch away from being BSB again after my setback.:censored: I really can't tell because my ends are curled.:ohwell: I'm going through one of these phases where I'm worried my hair's not retaining even though my breakage is just as minimal as ever.:perplexed I just hate being in this in-between zone of APL-BSL. I just want to be at BSL so I can get to MBL. :mad:

Last edited:
I might as well join this challenge. I'm aiming to be MBL by summer of '12. Am I the only one who has a hard time distinguishing b/w MBL and WL, lol!??

LaFemmeNaturelle you have very beautiful hair. congrats on making bsl
davisbr88 your hair is progressing wonderfully as well. Im sure you will see mbl in 2012.

Update: I'm excited about the progress my hair as made this year, no longer transitioning and loving easy styles like "wash and gos" I also love how thick my hair is now.

Looking forward to all the updates on Saturday.

HHG ladies!!

Oh... well it seems that the challenge is closed, so I'll be watching from the sidelines. My goal is grazing MBL by June.

1DSC02101-vi.jpg

Join! I'm just not updating the challenger list since the people who have come after weren't part of the original group. But feel free to update with us and join in on the convo.

Here is my starting pic for this challenge it's the best I could do since nobody would assist me in taking the pic, think my family tired of me,lol
ryrybday004.jpg

Thanks for the reminder!

Okay, so my starting point in August 2010 was here:
july20102-vi.jpg

In December 2010, I was here:
dec2010-vi.jpg

My hair was grossing me out, so I spent all of 2011 cutting, and here's where I am now:

dec11pgm-vi.jpg

My plan was to be a thick and healthy BSL right now, but clearly that didn't happen. Since getting to MBL by 2012 pretty much hinged on my being BSL now, I'm not sure if I can still do it and have it look how I wanted it to. But I will still do my best lol.

From my crown to MBL is 23".
Current Length -- NL total 3.5-4.5" all over.
Current State of Hair -- Natural.
Regimen -- I'm protective styling (half wigs) 97-100%. Wash/cowash once weekly. Prepoo with hemp seed oil. DC with Lustrasilk Cholesterol and Shea Butter. Spray with avj+glycerin, moisturize with Aussie Moist, seal with castor oil. Finger detangling mostly. Wearing satin bonnet under wigs. Sulfur oil and scalp massages every other day.

Goals for each check-in date
August 15, 2011 -- Grazing SL
December 31, 2011 -- Between Full SL and APL
April 30, 2012 -- APL
August 15, 2012 -- Grazing BSL
December 31, 2012 -- MBL
What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL -- December:superbanana:
Above quote is from June 2011.
My December 2011 check in:
I need 10" more to get to MBL by Dec 2012:drunk::drunk::drunk: Ambitious, but I'm still shooting for it! (hmm 10"/12 months = 0.83" need to grow and retain to still hit MBL in Dec 2012. I better get to work! :grin:)

Chaosbutterfly: That last pic! Your ends look soooo good. I still think you can make MBL this year!

Charla: What can you do to maximize your growth rate so you can get your 10"? I see your on a weight loss journey (me, too!) and I've heard that exercise really helps. Kill two birds :)

Charla: What can you do to maximize your growth rate so you can get your 10"? I see your on a weight loss journey (me, too!) and I've heard that exercise really helps. Kill two birds :)

davisbr88
Cool, davisbr88! I subscribed daily to the weight loss thread so I can keep up with it! But as far as my hair growth, I can get 0.5" with no effort. With sulfur oil every other day I get about 0.75" monthly, and that's with lazy scalp massaging. So to up my growth, I'm doing the exercise and really focusing on my scalp massages. I also added rosemary oil to my sulfur oil. And for maximum retention, I'm staying braided up and wigged up as usual, C&G style! My vitamins and water consumption has been on point all year, so I'll keep doing that too.

What about you? Anything more you're going to be doing?

Here is my update! I'm a bit below apl after slacking off entirely on my regimen since the summer. However, I am about 5 inches from mbl so I can definitely make it by december once I re work my reggie.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325352469687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325352469687.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 42
This is my starting length. For 2012 I'll be babying my ends. I had to do a blunt cut 2 weeks ago due to thin ends.

Attachments

• Erica%20Dec%202011.jpg
    Erica%20Dec%202011.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 37
davisbr88
Cool, davisbr88! I subscribed daily to the weight loss thread so I can keep up with it! But as far as my hair growth, I can get 0.5" with no effort. With sulfur oil every other day I get about 0.75" monthly, and that's with lazy scalp massaging. So to up my growth, I'm doing the exercise and really focusing on my scalp massages. I also added rosemary oil to my sulfur oil. And for maximum retention, I'm staying braided up and wigged up as usual, C&G style! My vitamins and water consumption has been on point all year, so I'll keep doing that too.

What about you? Anything more you're going to be doing?

Not particularly. I can get a little over 0.5" without effort as well, and that alone is good enough for me. However, I have been eating better and exercising more, and I know that will help to increase it as well. Since I cowash every other day, I massage my scalp often, so that will also help. Basically, I'm not really doing anything extra specifically for hair growth. I'm just following the regular regimen and trying to make better health choices.

Back