MBL Challenge 2012 Official Thread

My hair is cut in layers which I like (top layer at APL and bottom layer about 1" away from MBL) and it grows in a v-shape which I don't like so much.

Well is my length as of today:

Attachments

• Dec'11 length.JPG
    Dec'11 length.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 36
  • shirtdec'11.JPG
    shirtdec'11.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
December 29th
hwhhj8.jpg

December 19th
2n7fjbs.jpg

I'm sure I will make it by the end of this year (praying/hoping)

No update for me as there isn't any noticeable change from my last length check on 11/20/11. Looking forward to showing progress on the next update!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 1st... Length is still APL (Barely :( ) Pic is in signature! I consider MBL for me a little past the bra strap.... So maybe 3-4 inches??

ezina againstallodds Maybe there is a noticeable change that you would only see in pictures! Maybe try taking one and comparing. If not, what can you do in the new year to ensure you retain?
DesignerCurls Ijanei: Looking good, ladies!
NikkiQ: Really? Now what in the world made you think that? :p
Kamilla16: I consider MBL the bottom of my bra strap when wearing my bra in the correct position (the top of the strap should line up with the bottom of your shoulder blade, as I was told at my fitting). I think MBL is a tricky one to pinpoint though. In any case, in 4" you probably will be there!

Hi ladies!
Here is my progress picture:
picture.php

Also, here is a link to my update pics from the BSL 2011 thread so you can see the progress I have made between 12/2010 and 12/2011!! :) Long story short, this year I went from barely grazing APL to making BSL and on my way to MBL!!! I am so pumped! Now that I have accomplished BSL, I am soooooo focused on MBL!! :)

Happy New Year, ladies!! :grin: Sorry I am tardy with my updating, davisbr88 :blush:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=14935667&postcount=2601

Last edited:
Join! I'm just not updating the challenger list since the people who have come after weren't part of the original group. But feel free to update with us and join in on the convo.

In that case I'm in! Pics coming tomorrow.

ETA: Starting pic and stats

Current Length- APL
Current State- Natural
Current Regimen- prepoo with oils/conditioner 1x per week, wash 1x per week, protein treatment monthly or as needed, dc 1x per week. Wear hair in combo of twists, buns, wng, twistouts. I just bought some rollers and flexirods so I hope to experiment with those. I flat iron every now and then. Trim and s&D as needed.

Goals for each check-in date
December 31, 2011 -- APL
April 30, 2012 -- Full APL/ Grazing BSL
August 15, 2012 -- Grazing MBL
December 31, 2012 -- MBL
What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL -- December

Attachments

• DSC03279.JPG
    DSC03279.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I was disappointed in my progress this year. Both weight wise and hair. Ignore the fat back,I am APL and did enjoy wearing it straight for a few weeks. Now time to put her up and push on to BSL and MBL. I really don't know why my progress is less than expected.

Dec.2010
picture.php

Dec.2011
picture.php

Last edited:
I don't have any update pictures that show where I'm at length wise besides what's in my siggy. I took that two weeks ago.

I will probably do an update at the end of this month, since I will mostly be doing wash n go styles. Particularly since I need to start working out again after gaining weight this holiday season :-/.

I need styles where I can easily rinse and shampoo my hair as needed.

Happy New Year, ladies!!!

I've been out of town for the past week so I haven't even taken a 2011 year ending pic :(. I'll updated later tonight though. I'm sitting with a deep conditioning concoction on my hair as I type :lick:

I want in this challenge too!!

Current Length
October-16-267x300.jpg

Current State of Hair
I'm natural and staying that way forever

Regimen
winter: weekly washes/dcs and styling, lots of moisture
warm months: cowashes every few days and styling, lots of moisture

Goals for each check-in date
My goal is to just retain 1/2 inch every month (or more if I get a summer growth spurt like you girls mention sometimes)

What month in 2012 you hope to be at MBL
I think I can get there by September 2012

Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share

My hair stuff is all on my blog http://www.okdani.com

jan+2+2012.jpg

Jan 2, 2012

Well here's my official starting point for this challenge. I do think I can make it there by July/August 2012 instead of September!! I'm going to try for WL by December 31!

Lurker here! Good luck ladies on achieving your MBL goal for 2012. I wish I could have joined but I'm too far behind.

Here's my starting pic...

Attachments

• Sheryl%252527s%252520Hair%252520Pictures%252520026.jpg
    Sheryl%252527s%252520Hair%252520Pictures%252520026.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back