MBL 2013 Challenge!

Checking in - my hair is currently enjoying a new level of soft and lovely since adding castor oil to my DC's, I went out Friday night with the fullest loveliest stretched-est braidout ever!

Now combining my oil pre-poo with DC and leaving in overnight. Washed yesterday with M&T Deep Moisturizing poo (contains sulfates), then did a combined Keratin Cholesterol + Protein Tx. Did a chamomile tea and honey spritz and sat in the sun for an hour, then followed up with another DC which I left in all day and overnight and will wash out today.

caliscurls It works well though doesn't it?. There are so many teas and I can't choose between them (I tried marshamallow root powder and really didn't like it). Oil rinsing is simply a must do, it's so beneficial and cowashing well...that just goes without saying:grin:

Please introduce yourself! Things you might want to include:

[*]Current Length
A couple inches from bsl

[*] Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like

Relaxed/ twice a year

[*] Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
Take vitamins everyday
Cowash at least once a week if not in braids. Bun when not in braids. Low heat. DC Weekly. Henna/ protein biweekly. Use aloe nd peppermint oil to massage scalp. Moisturize and seal daily or every other day
[*] Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
Dec 2012- full bsl
April 2013 - grazing mbl
Aug 15 2013- full mbl
Dec 31 2013- wsl
[*] What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL
By August hopefully
[*] pic in siggy

A few days ago I dusted my ends less than 1/4" and my hair looks so much better and I experience less tiny hairs breaking off. I'm trying to find an effective way to do a length check since I don't straighten my hair, but I think may need to do a blow out.

Current Length - BSL - my longest strand is hitting right at the bottom
Current State of Hair Texlaxed
Regimen NO direct heat! Henna every 3 mos. Summer protective styles with moisture-sealed ends - co wash 1-2x's/week sulfate free poo every Saturday followed with a DC of either protein or moisture. Rest of the year - only thing I'll do differently is probably lace wigs for a PS and no co-washing but increasing the amount of time I DC from 45 min to 1hr.
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL - Full MBL July 2013
Any links to a photo album or Youtube channel if you want to share: Not currently except for my profile album.

hey yall ima newbie and this is my first challenge very excited!

Current Length Apl
Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – relaxed
Regimen (including what precise steps you are taking in order to get to MBL)
co wash every 2-3 days bunning 95% of the time low heat (once a month TRYING to go to less than that) dc with heat at least once a week and m&s everyday... i think thats it...
If i didnt put enough info plz feel free to ask any questions I am def up for any help and recommendations!

Goals for each check-in date
August 15, 2012 - still apl
December 31, 2012 - bsl after a few more trims
April 30, 2013 - stillbsl
August 15, 2013 - fullbsl
December 31, 2013 - MBL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL anytime in 2013

here is my starting pic

oh yea thanks for all the useful info my hair was a mess a few months ago and its not prefect but its soft now!never thought my hair could be! so thank u so much!

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 108
Checkin in still in my minis, I just moisturized with E QP mango butter and sealed in vatika oil im baggying now cause its about 150° down here! I plan on doing my final seal after my baggy with shea butter:) hhg

Hello Ladies,

Checking in … I am still rocking my TBL twist extensions but these things must go effective next week. I have finished the MN challenge and I'm planning on trying it again when the next challenge rolls out in the fall. In the mean and in-between time, I am going to try my hand at coffee oil and see what that be like. All I gotta do is go to momz house and snatch that crock pot to make it happen.

So, I've been researching mini twists and mini braids in preparation of my next style and decided on mini braids for the new 'do. I'm nervous about the style but I know I will get better with practice. I like that the braids are more likely to show my length than twists, which love to plump when I do them without extensions.

After I take my extensions out I plan on clarifying my hair, aphogee 2 stepping it, applying a leave-in conditioner/heat protector, sealing with a butter, and doing 8 twists to stretch my hair until it's dry. The next day I will fork my hair out by sections, spray with a little water, and blow my hair out so there are no tangles. It will make the mini braiding process easier for me I think. I am excited and nervous about how it will look but I'm hoping for the best. I will keep you all posted on when the fun begins. Hope you're all doing well!!!

claud-uk said:
NaturalfienD - no moisturizing tx or DC after the Aphogee?

Yes, after using the first step and rinsing that out I will be using the Aphogee conditioner to moisturize and balance the hair. Now that you got me thinking about it, it would be wise for me to put CON conditioner on my hair with a baggy for five or ten minutes for extra moisture. Thanx for bringing this to my attention, Claud!! I hope you and your hair are doing well girlfriend!

greenandchic said:
A few days ago I dusted my ends less than 1/4" and my hair looks so much better and I experience less tiny hairs breaking off. I'm trying to find an effective way to do a length check since I don't straighten my hair, but I think may need to do a blow out.

How's the Roux Shampoo and Conditioner treating your hair? I hope it's still working well for you and that your hair is getting stronger by the day …

I'm 10 weeks post and plan to get a touch up at 12 or 13 weeks post. My hair is a lot softer and straighter since I finally moisturized and oiled my scalp yesterday. I had been neglecting my hair when I know I shouldn't but I wasn't home for about a week and didn't have any of my hair products and didn't know I wasn't going to be home. My boyfriend commented on how thick my hair has gotten and says he did not like when it was thin. He doesn't think I need to relax but I feel my hair is doing better than when it was in its natural state just a few months earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I am 8'weeks post and I think I will relax at ten weeks. I am going to be in deep co wash mode this week to keep the newgrowth manageable. Can wait to see my progress!

I completely forgot I had joined this challenge but I think I am on track do far. My goal was BSB by 8/15 and I think Ivan definitely there. Probably will be checking in late though because I have been protective styling in pseudolocs and will need the weekend to take them down and do a length check.

Current Length: SNL (Saggy Nipple Length)

Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – You can also include hair type if you like
I'm a 4A/4B mix. I've been completely natural since October 2009

• Wash every 2-3 days w/ Hello Hydration Shampoo and Shea Moisture thickening conditioner
  • Deep condition atleast twice a month w/ AO GPB conditioner
  • Detangle w/ Camille Rose products (soylicious, almond jai twisting butter, or moisture milk)
  • seal w/ JBCO or Almond oil

Goals for each check-in date (dates are below)
I want to be mostly MBL by the time I graduate in December but idk if I'll be able to. I'm still growing out layers so I know I won't be full MBL for awhile

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL?
January 2013 (so hopefully by my 24th bday)

Loving the way my hair grows in minis I get to see my newgrowth on a monthly basis and my hair and ends stay protected

So I took my braids down they broke my neck out when I had them down last week I Dunno why I must have sprayed something on there that my skin ain't like. Anyway I ordered some hair for my bday so it should be here by next week and I will make it into a 3/4 wig and throw it on. I flat ironed my hair but it's still hot so it turned into a fro lol so I've just been doing various styles.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3673375609.jpg
    image-3673375609.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 58
I'll add a pic when I rollerset Thursday /Friday.

Current Length: Brushing BSL

Current State of Hair: relaxed. I stretch for at least 4 months, the goal being 6 months.

1. wash and rollerset 1x a week
2. Mist hair with Shea Moisture Mist and oil ends daily
3. M&S the hair length every other day
4. Apply GroAut oil every other day
5. Clarify and Deep condition 2x a month (alternating moisture and protein)

Goals for each check-in date

Aug 15, 2012 full BSL
Dec 31, 2012 grazing MBL
Apr 30, 2013 Full MBL
Aug 15, 2013 grazing WL
Dec 31, 2013 WL

What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL?
April 2013

Last edited:
Long-time lurker in for 2013!

Current Length: CL/SL since my hair grows uneven
Current State of Hair: 6 months natural, Some sort of 4 mix I guess (I'm sort of new at haircare)
Regimen:

• Tons of Protective Styles, beginning with a sew-in
  • Apply Mega-tek/JBCO/MN mix daily
  • Wash edges with Nizoral daily (PCOS sufferer :( )
  • Moisturize braids underneath sew-in with sulfur braid-spray when needed
  • Wash weekly (hip hip hooray for human hair)
  • Spiro/MSM/Nioxin or Hairfinity/Multivitamin daily
Goals for Check-in Dates:

• [FONT=&quot]August 15, 2012: Official Length Check for challenge
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]December 31, 201: +2 inches [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]April 30, 2013: +2 inches
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]August 15, 2013: +2 inches
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]December 31, 2013: At/Approaching MBL (Hopefully- I'm super optimistic here)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL: December (I need all the time I can get it)

I'll update with pictures for an official starting length check later
[/FONT]

I installed mini twists a week ago..ready for them to be oooouuut, lol!
My scalp said NO.

image-2287949368.jpg

Giving em one more week. My wedding anniversary is approaching, and I want to do something special. Ehh, so I guess it'll be a brief protective/low mani style.

TeeBee said:
I installed mini twists a week ago..ready for them to be oooouuut, lol!
My scalp said NO.

Giving em one more week. My wedding anniversary is approaching, and I want to do something special. Ehh, so I guess it'll be a brief protective/low mani style.

Your hair is super cute, what makes you want to remove them? Aside from being nosy, I ask cuz I'm debating between mini braids and mini twists for my next style. Any info you have to share about your experience with mini twists would be appreciated. TIA …

Current Length APL
Current State of Hair [(Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning (length of transition)/Stretching (length of relaxer stretch)] – Natural 4a/3c currently recovering from dye damage 2 years post
low manipulation no direct heat deep conditioning sulfur growth aid drinking water exercising multivitamin
Goals for each check-in date skipping August check in...Check December 2012 full BSL April 2013 2 inches from MBL August 2013 wedding month full MBL
What month in 2013 you hope to be at MBL going for August 2013
Any links to a photo album fotki in my signature

Back