MBL 2013 Challenge!

how kind, thanks for the welcome newbeginnings2010 :)

Did a WGO + Sunflower Oil + Honey prepoo overnight, washed with cheapie clarifying poo to ends + M&T Deep Moisturizing poo to scalp this morning, then applied my Daily Fixx fatty acid treatment for 5 mins. Now doing a DC with Keracare Humecto + CON AO Con + WGO mixed.

Last edited:
Co-washed last night, did a quick protein treatment with MT, then co-washed again and let the conditioner sit for a bit. Finished it off with an AVJ rinse, leave-in, and light oil, then swept it up in a wet bun. Looks nice and sleek this morning and feels soft. Will do my weekly DC routine tonight then either a braid out or curl former set.

So I didnt do a twist out, I just washed and DC'd and my hair is in a braided bun. Im gonna try this co-washing thing for the rest of the week and see what the deal is.

I applied my MN mix this morning after misting with a mix of water, aloe, and SAA ... I am very excited about this summer growth spurt. :) I am planning on cowashing tonight to prevent dry scalp from my MN mix ...

Im gonna redo my mins next week, keep them for a month then redo them again for the Aug length check after that ill try and keep them in for at least 6 weeks at a time:)

Sorry about not posting for a little bit, the month of June was so hectic but in a good way! I have been keeping up with moisturizing my hair nightly and sealing with macadamia oil. Also I LOVE the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, it has done wonders for keeping my hair detangled and moisturized/ not stripped. Today I did a length check (after waiting 2 months) and I have noticeable growth! Im think im finally BSL :) So now im feeling much more confident in reaching MBL this year!

My siggy is my current length :)

So far flat twist outs look better on me than regular braid or twist outs. Loving my hair out but I need to put it up after this weekend into a bun or banana clip. My retention last year had a great deal to do with the fact that I wore my hair UP most of the time.

Also looks like HE LTR and the leave in will be a staple for me. I'm really enjoying co-washing more now that I'm relaxed straighter.

I need to be more consistant with my coconut oil usage because my hair loves it. I DCd with it yesterday and it was a hit:)

Ok. I am newly relaxed again and planning to go HARD on my growth/length regimen. I have met hair health just maintaining it. This is such motivation for me because I am sure I will meet it next year.

*Current length- grazing APL
* Current state of hair - proudly relaxed
* Regimen - m & s daily co wash and deep condis wkly also rollerset weekly
* Goals for check in - full APL 8/15/12, 12/31/12 grazing BSL, 4/30/13 full BSL 8/15/13 grazing MBL and 12/31/13 full MBL
* Month to reach MBL 8/15/13

Thats my goal MBL to reach and maintain it!!! Here we grow ladies!!!

Here are the phases of my hair bunned, wet, rollerset. My hair is texlaxed.

ForumRunner_20120705_153507.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_153559.jpg

ForumRunner_20120705_153634.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120705_153533.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120705_153533.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 58
I haven't been as consistent with my MN use this week. I had a lot of long hours and fell off. I'm getting back on this horse though. :charge:

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Ok. I am newly relaxed again and planning to go HARD on my growth/length regimen. I have met hair health just maintaining it. This is such motivation for me because I am sure I will meet it next year.

*Current length- grazing APL
* Current state of hair - proudly relaxed
* Regimen - m & s daily co wash and deep condis wkly also rollerset weekly
* Goals for check in - full APL 8/15/12, 12/31/12 grazing BSL, 4/30/13 full BSL 8/15/13 grazing MBL and 12/31/13 full MBL
* Month to reach MBL 8/15/13

Thats my goal MBL to reach and maintain it!!! Here we grow ladies!!!

Here are the phases of my hair bunned, wet, rollerset. My hair is texlaxed.

Hi relaxer buddy. Good to see you joining us.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Checking in the for the weekend - I'll be doing an moisture and ceramide oil tx all day today (probably Coco/Avo/WGO/Sunflower wrapped in film) then tomorrow I'm going to mix some kind of DC tx with Honey/AVG/Shea and some DC's. Going to apply, leave for about 6 hours, then heat cap for 1 hour before allowing to cool and then I will run a rinse-out con over the top before rinsing. No protein or poo for me this weekend, going to give my hair a little treat instead :yep:

I may try wet bunning after - if this doesn't work I'll do some kind of twistout bun/updo. Will post pics if any good.

checking in! i am about to do an oil treatment/wash/dc/roller set. i am not wearing my hair down. this weather is crazy and i just want to protect my hair, so it will be in some kind of bun or updo.

Checkin in my hair is still wet from rinsing out my Cholesterol DC earlier in about an hr at 67-70% dry ill seal with grease:) happy growing ladies

Checking in,

Completed the redo of my twist extensions in the front. I did much better with this installation than the last install. I will continue alternating between MN applications and cowashing (every other day) to encourage growth ongoing. I am hoping I can get three more weeks out of this style before having to do my entire head again. I hope you all are enjoying the day.

No protein for me this weekend, going to give my hair a little treat instead :yep:

:nono: Ha, tried to skip on my regi and paid big time! My hair needs protein regularly (weekly). Don't know what I was thinking not doing one this time - my hair started breaking like nobody's business, literally hundreds of hairs falling like snow... I did an emergency PTx on Thursday using Mirpur Soy Cholesterol and had just one broken hair through the whole apply/rinse/comb process, feeling like I learnt an easy lesson the hard way.

Did an impromptu length check. This is last month:

ForumRunner_20120714_222507.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

And this is today:

ForumRunner_20120714_222704.jpg

irisak said:
And this is today:

Looka my hair buddy!!! Grow baby grow!! We will be MBL in 2013, better ask somebody!!! Lolol!!! Great progress I hope I am not far behind. I will do my length check sometime in Aug or Sept depending on when I decide to relax. Keep up the great growth APL and on!!!

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Looka my hair buddy!!! Grow baby grow!! We will be MBL in 2013, better ask somebody!!! Lolol!!! Great progress I hope I am not far behind. I will do my length check sometime in Aug or Sept depending on when I decide to relax. Keep up the great growth APL and on!!!

Girl I'm trying to hold strong and not relax until 8/21 which is 12 weeks for me but I have so much new growth already it's getting hard..

Back