MBL 2010

Im in, jus made bsl this month, got about 3-4 in to MBL my hair grows slow tho about 1/3 in so i takes me 3 months for and inch which means by December i should have my 4 inches!

I plan to continue my current regime.
Low heat-
co wash 3-4 days a week
Deep condition 1x a week
protective styles everyday
moisturize ends every night

Washed last night

* Deep condition at least once a week check
* Light protein every other week omit-hair tangles to much
* Henna/Indigo every 6 weeks check
* Relax every 10wks minimum check - wk 5 now
* Protective style a minimum of 90% of the time check - loosen pony, tie scarf ball lose and diff spot
* Cut back on trimming and just dust every relaxer will do
* Try to Keep It Simple!!! check

Plan no see through ends of MBL by July 2009.

Last edited:
Im in, jus made bsl this month, got about 3-4 in to MBL my hair grows slow tho about 1/3 in so i takes me 3 months for and inch which means by December i should have my 4 inches!

I plan to continue my current regime.
Low heat-
co wash 3-4 days a week
Deep condition 1x a week
protective styles everyday
moisturize ends every night

Ok...so it's not just me. I am right below BSL in back and about an inch below APL on sides, I just measured and I think I am about 4-4.5 inches from MBL and I was just asking myself if I had a chance on making MBL by Dec 2010. My hair grows ok...I guess I just needed some encouragement. :yep:

^^ That's what we are here for, to offer words of encouragement. I'm sure with some TLC you will make it to MBL next year and if not you would be that much closer to achieving it and hopefully enjoying the journey along the way :yep:

Okay, y'all. I'm going hardcore until I reach this goal.

I'm not even at bsl yet (:look:) which I should have been by now, but I'm realizing that I'm my own worst enemy. I had six salon trims this year and one diy trim. I'm letting go of the need for perfect looking hair etc. until I reach this goal.

Pray for me. I love the look of a fresh trim, so this is going to be a real challenge.

Okay, y'all. I'm going hardcore until I reach this goal.

I'm not even at bsl yet (:look:) which I should have been by now, but I'm realizing that I'm my own worst enemy. I had six salon trims this year and one diy trim. I'm letting go of the need for perfect looking hair etc. until I reach this goal.

Pray for me. I love the look of a fresh trim, so this is going to be a real challenge.

Well I'm your hardcore partner. Your problem is trimming. Mine has been laziness which caused me not to retain. So as my punishment, I'm cornrowing under wigs until Sept/Oct of next year. I should be MBL by then.

BTW I'm not BSL either but I'm less than 2 inches away. The challenge for me isn't the growing but just leaving my hair alone & taking care of it properly so that I can retain what I do grow.

I think I already joined, so here's my starting pic. The placement of my bra is kinda low, so I 'could' be considered MBL. However, I'll claim it when I gain 2" by April.

Well I'm your hardcore partner. Your problem is trimming. Mine has been laziness which caused me not to retain. So as my punishment, I'm cornrowing under wigs until Sept/Oct of next year. I should be MBL by then.

BTW I'm not BSL either but I'm less than 2 inches away. The challenge for me isn't the growing but just leaving my hair alone & taking care of it properly so that I can retain what I do grow.

Great! I pinky swear to hold off on trims until I reach mbl. I'll let you fill in your part of the oath.

Great! I pinky swear to hold off on trims until I reach mbl. I'll let you fill in your part of the oath.

I pinky swear to not become lazy with my hair maintenance & to keep it under wraps at least until Labor Day weekend of next year.

I'm going to place a starting pic up when I take my cornrows down next month. Then I'll update again when I'm fully BSL. Then I'll be in hibernation until I reach MBL.

See you at MBL, girl!

I'll join. I have an appointment for a relaxer tomorrow and am hoping to be BSB; however, I know I'll need a trim, so who knows where I'll end up. If I reached BSB, I'm hoping to be MBL by the end of summer, if not sooner.:grin:

To get there, I plan to:

*deep condition w/every wash (twice a week)
*protein treatment once a week (Aveda DR)
*Henna treatment (monthly)
*protective style 100% of time

I plan to KISS, so hopefully I will meet my goal.

I'm gonna go hard core on this one. I will protective style 100% of the time. No heat (I'm gonna need one pass though for my milestone birthday in april :grin:). Strictly Ayurvedic. Vitamins, check. Water for growth, check. Growth aids are mega-tek, MN mixture twice a week. Deep condition 1X per week. I got to get it in. Hopefully I will be full MBL by 2010 with no see through ends. I will post starting pic in January.

Hello everybody! I already joined, but here is my starting pic (it's the middle pic in my siggy)!
I am planning to use a weave install as my protective style of choice. I am really excited! I have decided to go the bobraz route with a length very close to the length my hair is now.

I plan on maintaining my hair by a using liquid sulfur mixture on my braids daily.
I will use ACV on a weekly basis to keep my hair and scalp fresh
I plan to wash my braids every 1-2 wks (if I can wait that long)
Deep condition every 2 wks
Redo my install every 3 mths

My ultimate goal is WL, but my first goal is MBL. I want to achieve that goal by my b-day (Jul 1st) I am currently a little past BSL, so I expect to make my goal. Super excited! :grin: Good luck everyone!

this is definitely deja vu :spinning:.... i accidentally posted in the WL challenge instead of coming here :rolleyes: my starting pic is my siggy!

this is definitely deja vu :spinning:.... i accidentally posted in the WL challenge instead of coming here :rolleyes: my starting pic is my siggy!

Um, Beauti.... you look MBL to me now. If technically MBL is the mid point of the torso, then I'd def say that you belong in the WL challenge. :yep:

i need to thicken ya'll. any suggestions?

I'm def not the authority but I hear ladies saying that they got thickness from henna, MT & JBCO. Thickness has never been an issue for me but I've been thinking about trying the JBCO on my edges. Lost some thickness there postpartum.

i need to thicken ya'll. any suggestions?

You were the one that had a bad henna experience right?
Maybe you should try amla and castor oils. Amla is supposed to thicken too right?

I want to join this challenge even though I'm not at BSL yet. :rolleyes: But I was thinking if I make BSL by the latest June(I'm hoping earlier), then hopefully I can reach MBL by the end of next year. :look:

You were the one that had a bad henna experience right?
Maybe you should try amla and castor oils. Amla is supposed to thicken too right?

I want to join this challenge even though I'm not at BSL yet. :rolleyes: But I was thinking if I make BSL by the latest June(I'm hoping earlier), then hopefully I can reach MBL by the end of next year. :look:
:yep::yep:. The hair at my ends is thinner and looser than the rest. I am slowly trimming it off. It feels like transitioning all over again:nono:. Boo henna, never again! I will try amla and castor and see if it helps

i want to thicken my hair too!!! i'm intimidated by henna, castor oil is WAY too thick, and i have no idea where to get alma oil or even what it is lol. what else is there?

Count me in!!! I am currently "grazing" APL...but I got there pretty quickly from shoulder length...I will continue my current regime:

Protective style 95% of the time
Relax - every 8 weeks
Co-wash - nightly
DC 2xs a week
Shampoo or clarify once a month
Castor oil on my scalp 3 nights a week
Mega Tek & MN concoction 3 nights a week (alternating with Castor oil)
Vitamins

I'm in. I am new and have been stretching since the end of August. I will relax the first week in January.

I hope to be APL by January and BSL by July. Oh, I was like an inch past shoulder when i started my stretch end of August.

I will DC 2x a week.
Co-wash 2x a week.
Light protein once a week.
Clarify once a month.

Last edited:
I'd like to join if you lovely ladies will have...:drunk::yep:

I am currently wearing a sew-in. So my regi will/has been to takedown every 2 months, during resting period I DC and Henna. While in the install, I plan to use a mixture of MT, JBCO and Bhingraj oil 3-4 nights per week/ I wash once a week.

I will also use Hello Hydration conditioner for co-washes, and Anita Grant shampoo bars for every other shampoo. Between installs I use a sulfate-shampoo or acv rinse, henna and AO Honeysuckle rose deep conditioner. I want to add Jessicurl WDT to my dc regi.

I started MT'ing 10/2 (No, I didn't take any pictures because I figured it wouldn't work for me). I saw over 2" of growth between 10/2-12/14.

If this growth rate continues I should reach MBL by May, if it slows to my normal growth rate (1/2 inch a little more in warm weather) then I think I should make it, at the latest, by October. :rolleyes:

I'm so excited ladies! HHG!

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post pics within a thread, so here's my fotki link to my starting pic.

http://public.fotki.com/hKkATL/hair-...cs/121409.html

Ok so reggie is basically the same but some new products have made there way in

- cowash (daily, every other day, whenever i have time in the week lo) with Pantene Beautiful Lengths Conditioner
- wash every 5-10 days with Naked Naturals Shea Butter Shampoo
- DC/detangle with every wash with Pantene Restoratives Conditioner
- moisturize with Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and virgin coconut oil
- seal with 100% raw shea butter
- set in 2 braids overnight, wrap with satin scarf, apply satin bonnet
- bun/ponytail/updo in the morning

- occasionally i wear it out to change things up, and i straighten to get a good trim and for change as well
- I also search and destroy when i get time
- I am still transitioning; the last of it will be gone between March-June

most recent length check - December 20, 2009:
jqrx9y.jpg

Enclosing my starting pic now because Im going into a sew in tomorrow until Easter

5wi5y1.jpg

Attachments

• P1011057.JPG
    P1011057.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
i measured and i need 4 inches until my goal. but its actually 6 because i will be cutting off the last 2 inches of relaxed hair within the next few months. so even with the minimum 1/2 in a month, i should still make it by 12/31/10 @ 11:59:59pm

i want to thicken my hair too!!! i'm intimidated by henna, castor oil is WAY too thick, and i have no idea where to get alma oil or even what it is lol. what else is there?

I've read of some ladies on the board using gelatin. If you put in "gelatin" in the LHCF search you will see several threads pop up....have a read...this may be a potential option for you.

Back