May be a gross question, but for the ladies who wash their hair in the shower...

Starian

This is why I much prefer to have someone wash my hair for me, or do it leaning over the sink.

Every time I wash my hair in the shower I get gobs of shed hair in the crack of my behind and stuck to my back, etc. I shampoo and condition then do my washing up. I manage to get about half a handful of shed hair stuck to my body.

After I rinse out the conditioner and detangle, I have yet another half handful of shed hair to get rid of, which means I have to wash twice.

Perhaps it isn't that serious in the grand scheme of things, but it sure is irritating. Is there a trick to this, or do I have to suffer for less tangles or just avoid it and wash my hair in the sink?

I pull my hair to the front to detangle when I'm washing in the shower. It stops those hairs from getting in my buttcrack:blush:
After I detangle I throw all the hair to the back and let the water run on it to detangle it a little more. But by then all the shed hair is washed out.
Thing is, when my hair hangs in the back in the shower it is in my buttcrack anyway. That's how I know I need to cut it.

I pull my hair to the front to detangle when I'm washing in the shower. It stops those hairs from getting in my buttcrack:blush:
After I detangle I throw all the hair to the back and let the water run on it to detangle it a little more. But by then all the shed hair is washed out.
Thing is, when my hair hangs in the back in the shower it is in my buttcrack anyway. That's how I know I need to cut it.
:funny:
If your hair is in your crack... it's time to trim it back!!!:lachen::lachen:

That's why right before you get out the shower, open up them buttcheeks and spray it down baby! :lachen:That's what I do......

There was a thread about this before and it was pretty funny. :lol: When I was relaxed, I would always end up with shed hair on the inside of my thighs and I hated it. It doesn't happen anymore though.

For me, I will always wash my hair in the shower. It takes nothing for me to remove hair wherever it is. I gotta clean that area anyways. :grin:.

I always found it gross for people to wash hair in the sink and epecially disgusting when there rinsing out a perm in the sink. I always think that's dirt and chemicals in the same sink where many place dishes and clean there meats and such. Not in my sink. Ewww. I might as well drink dirty chemical water. Oops, I might be already doing that with dasani. (love dasani by the way)

This is why I much prefer to have someone wash my hair for me, or do it leaning over the sink.

Every time I wash my hair in the shower I get gobs of shed hair in the crack of my behind and stuck to my back, etc. I shampoo and condition then do my washing up. I manage to get about half a handful of shed hair stuck to my body.

After I rinse out the conditioner and detangle, I have yet another half handful of shed hair to get rid of, which means I have to wash twice.

Perhaps it isn't that serious in the grand scheme of things, but it sure is irritating. Is there a trick to this, or do I have to suffer for less tangles or just avoid it and wash my hair in the sink?

ummm i'm not sure. just wanted to say your hair is FABULOUS! :gorgeous:

maybe try alopecil apretadora? it's supposed to tighten the follicles pre-wash so you don't get as much shedding during the wash

same here, I wash and detangle with my hair to the front in the shower
my Denman pretty much catches all the lose hairs

I can't stand the feeling of little hair balls running down my back, legs, or other places :barf:

I just posted about this. It's on one of these threads. I went to my OB/GYN and he was pulling hairs from :ohwell: :)lachen:) So he told me about it and I looked to the side and said "Well that's b/c I've been co-washing everyday"

It's official, I will never feel alone.:lachen:

I always thought it was because my butt was just BIG! and catching the hairs. :blush:

I just washing until I see no more...:yep:

Hmmm, this used to happen to me, but now that I think of it I don't have crack problems anymore. I think my cheeks are just too tight now for shed hair to even get in there.:grin:

I get this too! :blush: So now I wash my hair, condition, then I clip my hair up and wash my body last. That eliminates the hair being stuck on me when I get out.

I scrub my butt after detangling, just to get the hair I know is stuck there. When I did it before detangling it wasn't pretty.

I arrange my hair in 4 to 6 big braids to wash my hair. This helps to keep overall manipulation and shedding to a minimum, too, as a boon. Detangling's a snap! :yep:

yawl have me rollin in this thread!!!! :lachen::lachen:

I swear...if you ever think you are alone---there is ALWAYS someone who has been---or is in your shoes!!

I've often wondered whether anyone else experienced this same thing while washing in the shower!!!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I wondered about this the other day while in the shower...I tend to have to make sure I get all the hair out of the back AND the front :look:...it's annoying but just a part of the process.

Ah, it feels good to have commiserators. I thought I was gonna get one starred for sure.

"Ugh, who wants to hear about hair up in the crack of her ***? *rates thread 1 star*" :lachen:

How about lean forward and wash your hair in the shower like you would if you were washing it in the sink. Also, after I wash and condition my hair, I usually put a shower cap on my head while I'm washing up since I hear it helps with the conditioning too... then you do the lean forward rather than the lean back to do that last rinse:yep:

I just posted about this. It's on one of these threads. I went to my OB/GYN and he was pulling hairs from :ohwell: :)lachen:) So he told me about it and I looked to the side and said "Well that's b/c I've been co-washing everyday"
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
He probably sees this every day too! :lol:
*wonders why he said anything about it* :look:

Back