May 28, 29, 30th - What Are Your Hair Plans???

JJamiah

Happy Thursday LHCF,

This week my hair is still braided up into a circle. I will clean the scalp with some Witch Hazel, get a 10minute High Frequency Treatment and place some Emu Oil on my Scalp. 1 week down and 2 or 3 to go :)

I will be wearing this week either my Elise Lace Front which I am wearing today or my Mohisha Lace Front which I wore yesterday. :)

So LHCF......

What Are Your Hair Plans?????

Have a Great Memorials Day :D

:)

Nothing. I just cowashed my braids with YTC conditioner yesterday- so I will just moisturize them with my BRX Royale Braid spray over the weekend and leave my braids be. I love braids- so easy to maintain :)

Still Wiggin' it,:grin: So tommorrow I will:

Co-Wash with PhilipB Deep Conditioning Cream Rinse
Reconstruct with Sebastian Penetraitt
DC under Steamer with Jessicurl WDT
Finish up with 1 Vial of Matrix Hydratherapie Ceramides
Porosity Control as a Final Rinse to Seal In Everything
Dry & Wig

I haven't worn a WNG since September of last year...so now that's it gonna be super warm this weekend, I think that's gonna be my style for the weekend. On Monday I'll probably wash, DC & retwist.

Protein Regimen:

1. Saturate hair in sections with conditioner mixed with lots of EVOO
  2. Detangle hair with very wide tooth comb
  3. Plait conditioned hair in 6 loose sections with barrettes on ends; 2 front, 1 top, 3 back area
  4. Shampoo with Proteina de Perla in braids using shower comb to scrub scalp
  5. Deep condition with Proteina de Perla conditioner, 20 mins
  6. Remove barrettes from ends to complete final rinse
  7. Lightly towel dry, then remove braids one at a time
  8. Apply Chi Keratin Mist & Luxxtress leave-in spray in sections
  9. Airdry with part down middle into a braided ponytail
  10. Moisturize edges with conditioner/EVOO mixture at night
  11. Moisturize newgrowth with conditioner and/or Luxxtress leave-in spray and spray with distilled water at night
  12. Massage edges with JBCO nightly
  13. In the morning take down end of braid and use a barrette, cowash braid, dry about 80%, take down braid, then moisturize and rebraid

Last edited:
Going to try to self relax. A little nervous & excited. End of June early July would have made me 1 yr post.

I got my pixies redone last night.after, i cowashed them with Sauve Almond and shea butter condish, and let them air dry with a scarf.... I skip my deep condtion whn i got them redone, so i might do that sunday. With ors repelnish pak.

Getting my first weave installed in over 2 years tomorrow, I'll be using kinky straight remy hair.

In preparation I'll be doing the following tonight:

Pre-poo with hemp seed oil
Clarify with Nexxus Aloe Rid
Rinse with Roux PC
Use Nexxus Keraphix whilst in shower
Nexxus Humectress (old formula) under dryer for 30 minutes
Final rinse with Roux PC if needed
Slap on some Giovanni Leave in & coconut oil; air dry to 90% then blow dry using Fantasia heat protecting serum

DC (GVP Cond. Balm and EVOO), co-wash (Skala Shea-Butter), air-dry (Proclaim wrapping foam and EVCO), flat-iron.

I am going to take these mini twists down. I left them in for 2.5 weeks. I am so proud of myself...lol. I need a good shampoo/DC session. I think I am just going to wait a week (rock a BKO or something) and put them back in on 6/6.

I am also going to do my little sister's hair. I think I am going to do a cheat set and flat iron. (she's natural)

I will probably end up doing my mom's hair...probably a GOOD DC and roller set. (She is relaxed and losing hair like CRAZY!)

I will be relaxing this weekend. It will mark my 2 year healthy hair care journey. I'm excited. I'll make comparison photos the week after though. I don't like relaxing and flat ironing my hair the same day.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED the cassia powder treatment I did last week. I think I'll be doing those monthly. But anywho, my plans for this week are:

- Pre poo with Matrix Biolage Delicate Care Organic Certified Oil (first time trying this product, I don't usually do hot oil treatments....I guess the PJ in me got the best of me with this product purchase :laugh: )
- Shampoo with Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (2x)
- Steam for an hr with Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner mixed with avocado oil, kukui nut oil and JBCO
- Airdry using the following leave-ins: Matrix Biolage Daily Leave-in Tonic, HE LTR leave-in, Redken Anti-Snap and Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir
- Flexirod updo maybe. I'll be 14 weeks post, rollersetting ain't happening

This will start my official summer in braids season. I am transitioning to natural for a while (LPD 1/3/09). I have already stripped my braid hair of the alkaline base and CW them.

Friday:

*Pre-poo with my oil mixture Jojoba & Botanoil (or whatever nexuxxs is calling it these days) with heat.
*Clarify (because I have not done it for a minute and my hair is getting wonky)
*Shampoo with Joico Moisture Recovery shampoo.
*Condition with Joico Kpak reconstructor for time stated on bottle.
*DC with a mix of Joico Intense Moisture + Moisture Recovery Balm + a little honey and oil mix above with heat. My hair seems to like this mixture lately.
*Blow Dry using tension method with a light flat iron. I want to cut more of my relaxed ends and i need them to lay straight.

Saturday: Attending a cookout-Free Food and Friends :lick:

Sunday: Me, my 9pks of hair, snacks and a few movie trilogies to keep me occupied and Crown & Glory here I come!!

Fun time had by all :grin:

My first self relaxer with Silk elements olive oil relaxer on Sunday, then flat iron. I don't know about flat ironing tho, I might get sick of doing my own hair at that point and I need a good technique for flat ironing oh and I'm anti-direct heat.

Pre-poo overnight with Bhringraj and Amla oil mix on scalp, and Brahmi Amla oil on the length
Wash using Kapoor Kachli powder
Cowash with Jaborandi conditioner
DC using AO conditioner mixed with Rice Bran oil
Use Skala Ceramides G3 leave in
Get hair cornrowed

I just did some two strand twists and will be wiggin it out all weekend. I will moisturize, seal and baggy all weekend. Might toss in a cowash

Tomorrow I'll prepoo, cowash, dc, and bun. My usual Friday morning date with my hair.
Saturday and Sunday I'll just cowash and bun.

I deep conditioned last night so nothing today. Tomorrow I will co-wash with Suave conditioner and Sunday I will deep condition with a Queen Helene/castor oil mix. I will be at the beach all day on Memorial Day so I will do a braid out Sunday night.

I have a busy day today so Im gonna have to perhaps postpone wash day til tomoro...

Im detangling and oil rinsing first because Im clarifying my hair (and face) with bentonite clay. Im gonna try out my sheamoisture deep condition and Im gonna leave in water/glycerine and try to use the sheamoisture milk as a sealant.
Watch what happens lol!
This is my last simple wash day before I go on my ayurvedic challenge this summer! Then my role as a mixtress begins!

Tonite I'm going to cowash and do a real DC with the dryer..cuz I had the flat iron in my hair constantly this week. Then attempt to braid and wig.

Saturday co-wash with Joico Kpak intense hydration & Giovanni silk deep conditioner

Sunday: Me, my 9pks of hair, snacks and a few movie trilogies to keep me occupied and Crown & Glory here I come!!
WOW, 9 packs of hair?! what are ya doin, girl?! :spinning:

i've had these senegalese twists in all month, so it'll be a low maintenance weekend. i'm supposed to get a blowout for my 2 year natural celebration on june 13th, but i don't know what day i'm gonna go, so i guess i'll keep these twists in until the first week of june sometime. anyway, this weekend i'll cleanse my scalp with witch hazel, and i may cowash next week. after that, i'll apply my megatek and BRX braid spray.

i'll be redoing my mom's crochet braids for her -- she loves this style so much that we stocked up on hair for the rest of the year! she gets a lot of compliments on it, and all she has to do is put a bonnet over it at night and cowash it every once in a while.

my sister wants to touch up her nubian twists....but she slipped up last weekend when i was out of town and learned how to redo them herself, so the odds of me doing them for her are slim to none. :lachen:

somewhere in there, i will seal and wash my bobraz. i'm super excited for my summer install!

I'm getting ready to put some twist in my hair. I might use up this marley braid hair i have or go buy something else to they can be neat and long. I co-washed yesterday and today I wore my hair in a twist out/bantu knot out. I plan on wearing the twist for all of June, maybe depending on how well I do. This is going to be the first time doing my hair myself using extensions. This is how I wore my hair today.

Attachments

• DSC01031.jpg
    DSC01031.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm going to do a hot oil treatment on dry hair (EVOO only) for about 30 minutes to an hour with my heat cap. Then I'll do my regular wash and condition in sections followed by some twisting with QB AOHC and OHHB.

Back