May 2009: What did you buy this week?

^^Thank you so much. Off to take a look at it.

ETA: I got worried at first because that wasn't the US ebay but they are on the US one too!!!!

Last edited:
I bought some Joico conditioners and Joico Silk Results shampoo,
Mizani Foam Wrap,
Mizani Renew Conditioning Masque,
Mizani Puriphyl Shampoo,
ORS Aloe Shampoo,
Aphogee 2 Step Treatment and Balancing Moisturizer,
BRX Braid Spray,
Murray's Beeswax,
6 Sticks of Cocoa Butter,
1 lb of African (Unrefined) Shea Butter.

The PJ in me is stomping around again lookin' for more stuff to buy...:grin:.

Castor oil

Coconut milk

Coconut oil (from the farmer's market and it is the best I have ever used and I have used many different brands; it smells just like fresh coconuts, which other brands never did; the 16 ounce tubs were only $3.50 so I bought all three that were on the shelf)

Freeman Papaya and Coconut conditioner (I loved the sea kelp and every other Freeman conditioner I have ever tried so I know I will love this one because of the coconut)

White Rain Ocean Mist and Tropical Coconut (the Dollar Tree I get these from used to have hundreds of bottles, but now there were only a few of each, so I hope I can get these in the future as they are my CO wash condishes)

Guar gum (thickener for my homemade deep conditioners)

Molasses powder (it was very cheap at the place I ordered the egg powder from, so I said what the heck. If it does not work the same as molasses in the bottle in my homemade conditioners, I am not out alot of money)

Egg powder (to add to conditioners as I love egg in conditioner and how it makes my hair soft, strong and moisturized, but I don't eat eggs so I rarely have them on hand, so this should work nicely...)

I was on lotioncrafter.com looking for Guar Gum today, but they don't have it. They have something called GuarCat which does the same thing but could you tell me where you got the Guar Gum from adw? TIA.

ETA: never mind adw, I found the link you gave to mhp at barryfarm.com. Thanks honey

Last edited:
The PJ in me is stomping around again lookin' for more stuff to buy...:grin:.

You sound like me right about now. My laptop was on the fritz for a week. Dell guy came to fix on Friday :grin:!! So now it's like I'm trying to make up for lost time.

Creme of Nature Conditioning Reconstructor
Hair scrunchies

You sound like me right about now. My laptop was on the fritz for a week. Dell guy came to fix on Friday :grin:!! So now it's like I'm trying to make up for lost time.

Hair scrunchies

I think I know what the problem is...it's that "no buy" challenge I was in. I put all the blame on that:yep:.

I let the pj come out for a little while...but she will get locked back up for a few weeks..

Took my brown *** to Karen's Body Beautiful and got:

KBB Hair Milk, Hair Oils and the LL Hair Mask..

*that's it....and that was enough..*

oh....and plastic conditioning caps....forgot those were in the bag...

Last edited:
*sigh* I fell to the temptations of the PJ in me..

Mustard Oil
Brahmi Oil
Amla oil
Shikakai Oil
Heenara Hair Wash Packs
Kalpi Tone
Indigo
Reshma Henna
CHI Flatiron
Applicator Bottles

I bought,
Alter Ego Garlic trmt.
Ponytail
From Shescentit; Avocado Rinse, Seyani Hair Butter,Moisture Mist Leave-In, ,Jojoba Healthy Hair Serum, Jojoba Hemp Conditioning shampoo, Green Tea & Hibiscus conditioner, Green Tea & Avocado Pre-Shampoo Treatment,

Hair scrunchies

OMG Shay, you found it! Where did you get it?

From Sally's Beauty Supply
HairOne - Olive Oil
Mane n Tail Conditioner
GVP Tea Tree Conditioner
Neutral Protein Filler
Conditioning Caps
Hair Pins
Spray Bottle

i went to the oyin handmade store, exit the apple, today. i was hoping i might see scandalousbeauty so i can say i met nikoscousin but that didnt happen. anyway i got:
16oz honey hemp conditioner
burnt sugar pomade(love it already. reminds me of vatika frosting)
8oz whipped pudding
juices and berries
greg juice
honey wash
and their book bul$!#% or firtalizer(finished it already. very inspirational and motivating. this is a book that i will be carrying around with me everywhere. and i willbe giving them away as gifts)

i went to the oyin handmade store, exit the apple, today. i was hoping i might see scandalousbeauty so i can say i met nikoscousin but that didnt happen. anyway i got:
8oz whipped pudding
juices and berries
greg juice
honey wash
and their book bul$!#% or firtalizer(finished it already. very inspirational and motivating. this is a book that i will be carrying around with me everywhere. and i willbe giving them away as gifts)

Chebaby you are so lucky to be able to go to the store. I would have lost my mind. I'd be like can i have a gallon of juices and berries just give me the whole pot:lachen:.

Just bought OCT and a water filter. Tomorrow I'm buying a new boar bristle brush, Coconut Oil, Garlic Shampoo, and a Moisturizing DC.

At the JcPenney buy one, get one for 99cents sale, I bought three Biolage Ultraconditioning Balms and one Mizhani Night Time Moisture Treatment. I alawys try to stock up on my faves when they have a sale. :-)

Last edited:
8oz whipped pudding
juices and berries
greg juice
honey wash

Why or why did you say the burnt sugar pomade reminded you of vatika frosting?:wallbash: I was just looking at this too. At some point I will go to the store too.

Why or why did you say the burnt sugar pomade reminded you of vatika frosting?:wallbash: I was just looking at this too. At some point I will go to the store too.
lo it really does. i dont think it melts all the way when its hot like vatika does because the burnt sugar has cocoa butter in it. but its amazing. the word pomade through me off because i dont like grease. but this seems like a solid oil. its very silky and goes on soft and is a great sealant. my mom doesnt like the smell but i love it. to me it smells like sweet brown sugar:lick:

Chebaby you are so lucky to be able to go to the store. I would have lost my mind. I'd be like can i have a gallon of juices and berries just give me the whole pot:lachen:.
lol. yea it took me more than an hour to get there but it was a nice trip. i havent been to baltimore since a child so it was nice to go. the store is much smaller than i exspected but it is a really calm and fun place to go. im very shy and usually dont talk much to people i dont know. but when you go in the store everyone welcomes you and you just open right up. and pictures really dont do jamyla justice, she is gorgeouse and i think her husband looks like forest whitiker lol. hes handsome.
but its a really nice store. i will go back to save on shipping on so i dont have to wait like three weeks for these yummy products.

Back