May 2009: What did you buy this week?

Mizani HYDRAFUSE® INTENSIVE MOISTURIZING TREATMENT. This stuff is the best. It's been a week and my hair STILL feels moisturized.

Castor oil

Coconut milk

Coconut oil (from the farmer's market and it is the best I have ever used and I have used many different brands; it smells just like fresh coconuts, which other brands never did; the 16 ounce tubs were only $3.50 so I bought all three that were on the shelf)

Freeman Papaya and Coconut conditioner (I loved the sea kelp and every other Freeman conditioner I have ever tried so I know I will love this one because of the coconut)

White Rain Ocean Mist and Tropical Coconut (the Dollar Tree I get these from used to have hundreds of bottles, but now there were only a few of each, so I hope I can get these in the future as they are my CO wash condishes)

Guar gum (thickener for my homemade deep conditioners)

Molasses powder (it was very cheap at the place I ordered the egg powder from, so I said what the heck. If it does not work the same as molasses in the bottle in my homemade conditioners, I am not out alot of money)

Egg powder (to add to conditioners as I love egg in conditioner and how it makes my hair soft, strong and moisturized, but I don't eat eggs so I rarely have them on hand, so this should work nicely...)

I'm on a no buy challenge but I used my pass on may 10th and bought (on Ebay):

• Redken Heat Styling spray starch
  • Creme of Nature shampoo (red label)
  • Creme of Nature nourishing conditioner
  • Creme of Nature repairing conditioner
  • Creme of Nature conditioning reconstructor

I want to try these items. Can you let me know how you feel about these products. I'm a transitioning 3c/4a and want to try more natural products but I need to justify paying this much for conditioner on my internship salary:lachen:

I have not received my order for these things yet but here are my thoughts on the stuff I have already tried before:

Shescentit
Avocado Conditioner - I love this conditioner for co-washing...makes my hair feel very soft
Jojoba Hair Milk - I have not tried this yet, this is my first time ordering
Tea Tree Shampoo - I have not tried this yet, this is my first time ordering
Green Tea Conditioner - I have not tried this yet, this is my first time ordering

Hairveda
Whipped Jelly - I use this product to lay my edges down, it works pretty well but I have to tie my hair down afterwards for it to work well
Almond Glaze - I love this product, I use it to lay my edges down and I also use it like grease for my scalp. Its also great to soften new growth.
CoCasta Shikakai Hair Oil - I used this once so far as a pre-poo and it seems to work well.

Oh and I am also a 3c/4a hair type (I think) and I am trying to stretch for a long time or transition so these products have been helpful for me...

Castor oil

Coconut milk

Coconut oil (from the farmer's market and it is the best I have ever used and I have used many different brands; it smells just like fresh coconuts, which other brands never did; the 16 ounce tubs were only $3.50 so I bought all three that were on the shelf)

Freeman Papaya and Coconut conditioner (I loved the sea kelp and every other Freeman conditioner I have ever tried so I know I will love this one because of the coconut)

White Rain Ocean Mist and Tropical Coconut (the Dollar Tree I get these from used to have hundreds of bottles, but now there were only a few of each, so I hope I can get these in the future as they are my CO wash condishes)

Guar gum (thickener for my homemade deep conditioners)

Molasses powder (it was very cheap at the place I ordered the egg powder from, so I said what the heck. If it does not work the same as molasses in the bottle in my homemade conditioners, I am not out alot of money)

Egg powder (to add to conditioners as I love egg in conditioner and how it makes my hair soft, strong and moisturized, but I don't eat eggs so I rarely have them on hand, so this should work nicely...)

Hey there,

Do you mind me asking where you purchased the egg powder from?
tia,
tishee

I'm on a no buy challenge but I used my pass on may 10th and bought (on Ebay):

• Redken Heat Styling spray starch
  • Creme of Nature shampoo (red label)
  • Creme of Nature nourishing conditioner
  • Creme of Nature repairing conditioner
  • Creme of Nature conditioning reconstructor

Where did you find this? I've been looking since Aggie posted about using it in another thread.

ETA--I see you got it from Ebay is there a particular merchant/seller I should be looking for? TIA!

ADW have u ever used coconut powder? I bought some because I figured I could add it to conditioners.

2 pks Karishma henna (still haven't used what I bought before)
Amla Gold
Whole frozen Amla
Rose water
Edamame :grin:
Jasmine tea
Red Ceylon tea
Ting :grin: :grin: :grin:

Just purchased some more Hydratherma growth lotion (love this stuff and the smell is delish)

For my henna:

2 packs Jamila Henna
ACV
Green Tea
2 bottles of Salon Selective cheapie conditioner (I felt so old :lachen:- I haven't seen that brand in ages!)

For my Ayurvedics:

Brahmi
Amla
Mehendi
Alma Gold
Vatika Oil

For my edges:

Fantastic IC gel

I went crazy this month, but I needed some supplies.:smirk: I am retrying Oyin products: Greg Juice, 2 containers of Whipped pudding, and Honey Hemp conditioner. I also bought my staples from Qhemet Biologics: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream and 2 containers of Detangling Ghee. I got some Neem Shampoo and Conditioner also. Oh yeah and some neem powder from the indian grocery store.:look: I am stocked up for a while now!:yep:

actually I have bought nothing so far. I succeeded in my NO buy challenge for April and for May I just don't have the drive to get any more hair stuff. LOL, now I can use up my beauty supply store, that I already have. LOL

shealoe, Coconut and Papaya hair butter, and Aubrey Organics Shampoo (I forgot the name, its a clarifying shampoo with no sulfates).

Okay:look: So.....Today I literally ran out of my Office at Lunch Time (like Sally's was going to close or move or leave town 4-eva) and bought that Protein Filler. After reading about it on one of the Threads. Oh, yeah, and some neck strips for my wrap.

So..........Is May over Yet?:look::look::lachen::lachen:

Today: L'anza Trauma Treatment Leave-In Conditioner
L'anza Manuka Mud Masque

From Afoveda:
Kapha Hair Kit:Hibiscus Hair Oil,Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter, Neem +Triphala Protein Cream Oil Conditioner
Ashlii Amala Red Raspberry Deep Conditioner
Khoren Serum
Mineh Rhassoul Kit

I know I probably spelled some things wrong and gave them the wrong names but I don't have it in front of me.

Just purchased
Organic Oilve Oil Deep Conditioner-- for moisture deep conditioning
Elasta QP Mango Butter -- for daily moisture
Queen Helen Olive Oil Moisture facial Masque --- for my face

I think the Olive Oil is for deep conditioners
Not sure about the mango butter or how to use it
but I see a lot of the ladies love it.

I'm new and building....

got2b smooth operator smoothing lustre lotion.... okay, very light moisturizer
jilbere shower comb.... love it!
gripper clips... like em
man 'n tail moisturizer - texturizer conditioner... seems cool. the verdict is still out
avocado oil... like it
macadamia nut oil... like it
dr. bronner's magic soap peppermint.... like it, strong but i likes
giovanni direct leave-in conditioner... hmm, i don't know yet. it helped dry my hair fast but left it kinda wiry on the ends..... might keep it

^^^^^^^^^^
giovanni direct leave-in conditioner... hmm, i don't know yet. it helped dry my hair fast but left it kinda wiry on the ends..... might keep it[/quote]

Personally, did not likey. Dried my Hair completely out. Had to send it back.:sad:

1 bottle of mizani moisturefuse
1 bottle of aveda dry remedy
1 bottle of keracare humectant
2 blottles of regis olive oil leave-in

Spray Bottle
Curling Rods
Re-up on Pantene R&N Mask(2)
Elasta QP glaze
DeMert Wig Spray
I went looking for Porosity Control....no such luck

Back