Maxiglide HSN Package deal

Hey ladies - If you're a first-time customer (and didn't order anything else), use code C73687 to get $15 off. It takes more off than the 15% (and you can still do the 3-month payment plan). I ordered mine and got it within 3 days. I hadn't really tried it enough to review. I think the PJ in me made me order lol.

I've been watching Maxiglide infomercials for years now; and the recommendations on this site may just push me to finally buy it, :lol:. I've only ever used electric hot combs for straightening. I think what I like about the Maxiglide is that the little teeth remind me of the hot comb; even after seeing all the lovely pictures here, I still can't imagine a regular flat iron straightening my hair.

My question is... do I want the XP or the MP? My hair is not as full as it used to be, but it is long and I have coarse strands.

Also, I did not see a place to put in the coupon code. Where does it go?

When ur on the screen to do the "final" review of your order there should be a spot at the bottom near the process order... that says "Apply coupons" ..

I was just coming here to post up the coupon ... but someone beat me 2 it!

I just ordered mine. However I got the XP instead of the MP. I watched the video on the side and it broke down the difference between the two types. Im so happy. Thats my Christmas gift from me. Its a good deal.

Mine should be delivered on the 7th of DEC. I did the 3 month payment plan as well.

What is the difference between the two? I cant find the video that explains it.

What is the difference between the two? I cant find the video that explains it.

From what I got from the video:

MP is for finer hair (Plates are 1-1/2" W X 4-1/2"L)

XP is for coarse,thick hair (Plates are extra-wide plates measure 2" W X 4-1/2)

The video is right below the pic showing the maxiglide essential products, on the left hand side. You should see a screen shot of the video.

Last edited:
Hey ladies - If you're a first-time customer (and didn't order anything else), use code C73687 to get $15 off. It takes more off than the 15% (and you can still do the 3-month payment plan). I ordered mine and got it within 3 days. I hadn't really tried it enough to review. I think the PJ in me made me order lol.

Yeah, they sent me a coupon code, after I ordered the maxiglide. :perplexed:perplexed

I wish I would have saw this post a day earlier. :grin::grin:

Hopefully other get to use it, though:yawn::yawn:

Thanks

Thanks for the code. Just ordered the XP. Nothing like applying a coupon and seeing that total go down. Merry Xmas to me!

Why did I come in here? Thank god my purse is not in the room...

Fortunately (or unfortunately) my purse was in the room......so I ended up ordering the XP....

but at least *searching for a typical PJ excuse* at least I was able to use the coupon! :rolleyes:

Thanks you guys! :look:

I been reading views on the maxiglide from various sites and majority of them are the same. From what I read:

DO NOT clamp it down on your hair tight, it will cause the hair to pull. Just lightly close it then pull. It suppose to detangle and flatiron your hair and it will.

DO NOT fill the water dispenser all the way up, just fill half way, to prevent leakage.

DO NOT Rush; let it maxi glide through your hair, it suppose to glide.

4A's and on have use the plate with the pins with no problems. (Natural and Relaxed 4A's)

Also most of the ladies use their own products and still come out with excellent results. Like CSI, FHI Hot Sauce, SE, Beyond the Zone=all using heat protectants and silicones this all I remember. Therefore we not forced to use the Maxiessential for great results.

One female reported she didn't use a heat protectant and didn't have any damamge. However she do advice others to use it.

Most importantly watch the Instructional Video. Its a must.

Oh Yeah, I read it gets extremely hot. 3-5 is the highest setting that needed to get decent results. Im pretty sure it goes higher than 5 though, but it gets pretty hot between 3-5.

Out the views I have read over the net, I only ran into 2-3 that did not like it.

All the view were the same-the pins pulled their hair out.

However if you follow the helpful hints. WE should be good. Im excited.

(Please note, this is not 100% of everyone that has a maxiglide, these are taken from the views I read in a 1-2 hours period, off the net).

Last edited:
I have been usuing the Maxi for years now...I had the 1st model and I wanted to upgrade..I was going to buy it from HSN but I decided to call Maxius and to my suprise..they replaced my 3 year older model Maxi for the XP for only 50 buck..(or maybe 59, I cant remember), anyhoot..I like this flat iron..I have tried others but this one just does the best job for my hair...
I love that steam burst...I do fill up my water resevoir(sp) up all the way because I go through al least 3 or 4 fill ups b4 i fifnish all of my hair..so i keep a lil cup of water right next to me for fill ups..

I never use the pin plate..ever..I didnt like it for my hair because my hair is fine..so i just use a comb to detangle b4 i glide thru my hair..

I take my time, and go thru small sections..and it comes out wonderful!
I use a heat protectant b/c..hey this is LHCF..its just whats done...lolol
I also use the Chi silk b4 hnd as well..
just a few points to help..but again..
this is my FAV Flatiron...
That steamburst makes all the diffrence for my hair..it really does!
Good luck maxi users and take advantage of that warranty!

PS..my hair is Maxi'd in my siggy pics..;)

Last edited:
YA'LL AIN'T NOTHING BUT THE DEVIL just kidding. I tried to resist but since I've started transitioning the PJ in me is trying to come out and I blame all of you lol.

I have been usuing the Maxi for years now...I had the 1st model and I wanted to upgrade..I was going to buy it from HSN but I decided to call Maxius and to my suprise..they replaced my 3 year older model Maxi for the XP for only 50 buck..(or maybe 59, I cant remember), anyhoot..I like this falt iron..I have tried others but this one just does the best job for my hair...
I love that steam burst...I do fill up my water resevoir(sp) up all the way because I go through al least 3 or 4 fill ups b4 i fifnish all of my hair..so i keep a lil cup of water right next to me for fill ups..

I never use the pin plate..ever..I didnt like it for my hair because my hair is fine..so i just use a comb to detangle b4 i glide thru my hair..

I take my time, and go thru small sections..and it comes out wonderful!
I use a heat protectant b/c..hey this is LHCF..its just whats done...lolol
I also use the Chi silk b4 hnd as well..
just a few points to help..but again..
this is my FAV Flatiron...
That steamburst makes all the diffrence for my hair..it really does!
Good look maxi users and take advantage of that warranty!

PS..my hair is Maxi'd in my siggy pics..;)

Thanks for the helpful hints.

Your hair has grown so much and its so pretty. What is your regiment?

I have been wanting on of these since learning about it on LHCF. I brought mine today with a 15% discount for being a new customer.

Hopes this helps someone....COUPON: New Customers save 15% off your first purchase. Use coupon code C56574. Expires 12/31/2009.

Or you can use coupon code C73687 for $15 off that's right $15 not 15%. Depending on which flat iron you get 15% might be a better deal or vice versa...just ordered the MP with the $15 off with the 15% code I only saved $11.99.​

Thanks for the helpful hints.

Your hair has grown so much and its so pretty. What is your regiment?
really nothing too fancy at all...very simple actually..buns..low/no manip, DCing 1-2x a week , and keeping it moisturized thruout the day..thats about it...:yep:

I just ordered me the MP package deal and used the coupon code. Woo Hoo I can't wait to get it!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh lawd, I have lost my mind:nono:

I need some serious help!

HSN does not ship to Canada, so I went and ordered from Folica ($89). The folica does not have a miniglide included, but they do have a 25% discount of $100 orders. I ordered the FHI clips to make $100.

I have lost my mind. I ordered stuff from Qhemet and hairveda and now this:nono:

***off to look for things to sell or find a way to make more money***

Oh lawd, I have lost my mind:nono:

I need some serious help!

HSN does not ship to Canada, so I went and ordered from Folica ($89). The folica does not have a miniglide included, but they do have a 25% discount of $100 orders. I ordered the FHI clips to make $100.

I have lost my mind. I ordered stuff from Qhemet and hairveda and now this:nono:

***off to look for things to sell or find a way to make more money***
Shoot, I am experiencing buy's remorse and I have not even received the dang thing. I just read that it is bulky (the MP) and I ordered the XP which is even bulkier:wallbash:

Girl, thank you for the coupon!!
I just posted as my goal for 2010 "not to fall into PJism". So why did I just get the kit? Well, my reasoning is, it's still 2009, so I guess I can buy more stuff!

I ordered too. :look: This thing better live up to the hype; I've been debating whether to get one for about 5 years!

I've been wanting this for years also. But I straighten my hair so infrequently (plus I already have a CHI Turbo) that I haven't bothered.

I straighten my hair so rarely partly b/c it takes me SO long to do it. I think the last time I straightened my hair, from start to finish (including wash and dry time) it took me 5 or 6 hours at least.

I know I'll never be one to be able to do my hair quickly, but I wonder if people find that using the Maxiglide is less time consuming than regular flat irons. I may get one if that's true. It may prompt me to straighten my hair more than just 1-2 times a year.

Back