Mary Mary's new video-GOD IN ME. Too worldly?

Is this song too WORLDLY?

• It's lifting up God with an upbeat sound. All good to me!

Votes: 49 56.3%
  • No. We aren't to follow this world. Throwing "God" in it doesn't make it right!

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
Wait wait wait.

We can go to the club?!??! For real for real?!?!?

I can go to the club, dance, dutty wine, grind, have a couple drinks, listen to music with profanity and unsavory lyrics, and have dudes try to be on me...and that's all ok as long as I don't get pissy drunk, scream obscenities, and take a dude home when I leave?

I'm going out with my friends tomorrow night. Praise the Lord, I'm gonna have me some fun!

Raven may not be "there" yet, and that is perfectly okay, there was a time when going to the club might have been okay for u.. i know there SURELY was a time when it was GREAT for me. Clubbin and drinking, etc. But it took time for me to realize that thats is not where its at. That we are to stand out and be different. And to delight in the Lord and not the things of this world. u know? God had to work on me... and that conviction.. boy oh boy!! It makes you want to change, repent and do better. it takes time tho. :) I thank God for showing me (and you) and he will show Raven at the right time also :) And she will have an awesome testimony to share with someone else too. It comes with growth thats all. :yep:

Raven may not be "there" yet, and that is perfectly okay, there was a time when going to the club might have been okay for u.. i know there SURELY was a time when it was GREAT for me. Clubbin and drinking, etc. But it took time for me to realize that thats is not where its at. That we are to stand out and be different. And to delight in the Lord and not the things of this world. u know? God had to work on me... and that conviction.. boy oh boy!! It makes you want to change, repent and do better. it takes time tho. :) I thank God for showing me (and you) and he will show Raven at the right time also :) And she will have an awesome testimony to share with someone else too. It comes with growth thats all. :yep:

I would have agree with you on the it takes time had you asked me this a few months ago but now since I been studying. I read some scriptures. Okay well this is the question. When I discover new truth, I wait until all obstacles are removed before embracing it. This is best, isn't it.
Walk while you have the light,lest darkness overtake you (John 12:35) I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments (Psalm 119:60) Seek first the Kindom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you(Matthew 6:33) As soon as they hear of me they obey me (Psalm 18:44)
No, once your clear on a Bible Truth, it is never best to wait. In fact, procrastination is the devils most dangerous trap. It seems so harmless to wait, but the Bible teaches that unless a person acts immediately upon light, it quickly turns to darkness. Obstacles to obedience are not removed while we stand and wait, instead, they usually increase in size. man says to God" Open the way, and I'll go forward. But God's way is the opposite. He says You go forward, and I will open up the way.

Last edited:
I would have agree with you on the it takes time had you asked me this a few months ago but now since I been studying. I read some scriptures. Okay well this is the question. When I discover new truth, I wait until all obstacles are removed before embracing it. This is best, isn't it.
Walk while you have the light,lest darkness overtake you (John 12:35) I made haste, and did not delay to keep Your commandments (Psalm 119:60) Seek first the Kindom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you(Matthew 6:33) As soon as they hear of me they obey me (Psalm 18:44)
No, once your clear on a Bible Truth, it is never best to wait. In fact, procrastination is the devils most dangerous trap. It seems so harmless to wait, but the Bible teaches that unless a person acts immediately upon light, it quickly turns to darkness. Obstacles to obedience are not removed while we stand and wait, instead, they usually increase in size. man says to God" Open the way, and I'll go forward. But God's way is the opposite. He says You go forward, and I will open up the way.

I agree 100% in the perfect world that would be wonderful, but since we dont live there, it takes time for most people (including myself) to get it. God is patient and loving too. Jesus was here and knows how it is. Thats why we have to Thank Him everyday for His grace and Mercy on us! And ask everyday for the strength to do better and really not just say it but really mean it and show Him with actions the love that we have for Him.

:)

At the same time, it is important for all of us as Christians to remember who we are representing in everything we do. It's a challenge, but we have to face that challenge. And with Christ, all things are possible.

Yes, that was my point - we as individuals. Not sure what exactly you are getting at here...

My point is that when such conversations occur about what dress is righteous, what music is righteous, what look is righteous, the go-to response is to make this collective statement that "we" have to "represent".

What I am saying is that 1) who are "we" and 2) who's asking to be part of this "we" and 3) if it walks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, talks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, and quacks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, well, who can really do all of that?

I REFUSE to let UNTRIED BY FIRE, UNPROVEN FOLK tell me what is righteous. That's WHO the Holy Spirit is for....

So really the BEST things WE (collectively) can do is PRAY for these folk (if we are so inclined) and GUARD our hearts and minds against those things that are not edifying... even if it is from self-professed Christian ENTERTAINERS.

GENERAL STATEMENT: Just like the song says: if you're going to worry, why pray? Substitute worry with criticize.

My point is that when such conversations occur about what dress is righteous, what music is righteous, what look is righteous, the go-to response is to make this collective statement that "we" have to "represent".

What I am saying is that 1) who are "we" and 2) who's asking to be part of this "we" and 3) if it walks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, talks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, and quacks like a Jesus-disciplin' Christian, well, who can really do all of that?

I REFUSE to let UNTRIED BY FIRE, UNPROVEN FOLK tell me what is righteous. That's WHO the Holy Spirit is for....

So really the BEST things WE (collectively) can do is PRAY for these folk (if we are so inclined) and GUARD our hearts and minds against those things that are not edifying... even if it is from self-professed Christian ENTERTAINERS.

GENERAL STATEMENT: Just like the song says: if you're going to worry, why pray?

Substitute worry with criticize.

I'm laughing because we're all going in the same circle :circle: :lachen: Round and Round we go.

Cause while some are critcizing the horrible dressing of Mary Mary (me -- #1 -- I admit it and didn't quit it :lachen:), the others are criticizing those who critizize Mary Mary.........

WHAT's the Difference?

We're ALL criticizing up in here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"We're" Funny! :yep: and cute and loved :love4:

I'm laughing because we're all going in the same circle :circle: :lachen: Round and Round we go.

Cause while some are critcizing the horrible dressing of Mary Mary (me -- #1 -- I admit it and didn't quit it :lachen:), the others are criticizing those who critizize Mary Mary.........

WHAT's the Difference?

We're ALL criticizing up in here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"We're" Funny! :yep: and cute and loved :love4:

I "see" you, Shimmie!
icon12.gif

I'm just saying be logical and consistent with the criticism!

GENERAL STATEMENT: Just like the song says: if you're going to worry, why pray? Substitute worry with criticize.

Maybe we view the thread differently. A number of us in here have spoken about pray for them and ourselves in general. I was simply expressing that each and every one of us must be mindful who were are representing in everything we do. Is that not a Biblical principle that is not limited to dress, music or whatever else? Every one has challenges to face so untried by fire and unproven people would only be something that another person assumes. Christ is the one who can help us achieve the standards that He has for us.

What song said if you are going to worry, why pray? To me, that makes no sense. When we worry, we should pray that God strengthen us and help us to trust Him more. But basically, the thread asked if the song was too worldly and others have commented on the video etc, regarding how the group is dressed. Personally, I didn't see this thread is criticism but general concern.

Anyway, I still like some of their songs. Haven't heard all though...

Last edited:
A number of us in here have spoken about pray for them and ourselves in general. I was simply expressing that each and every one of us must be mindful who were are representing in everything we do. Is that not a Biblical principle that is not limited to dress, music or whatever else? Every one has challenges to face so untried by fire and unproven people would only be something that another person assumes. Christ is the one who can help us achieve the standards that He has for us.

What song said if you are going to worry, why pray? To me, that makes no sense. When we worry, we should pray that God strengthen us and help us to trust Him more. But basically, the thread asked if the song was too worldly and others have commented on the video etc, regarding how the group is dressed. Personally, I didn't see this thread is criticism but general concern.

Trial by fire exists beyond assumption. It is reflected in the pearls of wisdom from one's lips and more importantly, the UNDENIABLE AUTHORITY by which one speaks. There's an establishing of order in the wisdom that has been spoken. There's a balance.

The criticism is thinly veiled as general concern. We're almost there in this thread but not quite.

http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/j..._40148/dont_pray_and_worry_lyrics_435276.html
Lyrics to Don’t Pray & Worry :
[J moss laughing] Whew, come on let's keep it going

He knows all that's before you
He will never neglect His child
Nor will ignore tears in your eyes
Lay your cares to rest

[Chorus:]
The righteous won't be forsaken
Just hold to your faith
And His word will be manifested
Be steadfast and don't fear
Don't pray and worry

Why is it that we will spend time
going to church but don't understand why
Why we must pray
And then belive
Things we pray for will soon be recived

The prayers of the righteous availeth much
Be not weary in well doing
God of Heaven can do anything
Lay your cares to rest
For the righteous

[Chorus]

He who holds the future
Also rules this land
And responsible for each breath we take
Just pray and then leave it there
Pray and then leave it there

Maybe you've lost all hope
And can't see past tomorrow
Speak His word into your life
And stand on His promise to you

[Chorus x2]
[ Don’t Pray & Worry Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

The song is by J Moss. The principle of the song is simply not to do BOTH (pray and worry) because then those prayers are without faith. The worry cancels out the faith.

Maybe we view the thread differently. A number of us in here have spoken about pray for them and ourselves in general. I was simply expressing that each and every one of us must be mindful who were are representing in everything we do. Is that not a Biblical principle that is not limited to dress, music or whatever else? Every one has challenges to face so untried by fire and unproven people would only be something that another person assumes. Christ is the one who can help us achieve the standards that He has for us.

Anyway, I still like some of their songs. Haven't heard all though...

This is true about representing, 'We are walking Epistles'...

Trial by fire exists beyond assumption. It is reflected in the pearls of wisdom from one's lips and more importantly, the UNDENIABLE AUTHORITY by which one speaks. There's an establishing of order in the wisdom that has been spoken. There's a balance.

The criticism is thinly veiled as general concern. We're almost there in this thread but not quite.

http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/j..._40148/dont_pray_and_worry_lyrics_435276.html
Lyrics to Don’t Pray & Worry :
[J moss laughing] Whew, come on let's keep it going

He knows all that's before you
He will never neglect His child
Nor will ignore tears in your eyes
Lay your cares to rest

[Chorus:]
The righteous won't be forsaken
Just hold to your faith
And His word will be manifested
Be steadfast and don't fear
Don't pray and worry

Why is it that we will spend time
going to church but don't understand why
Why we must pray
And then belive
Things we pray for will soon be recived

The prayers of the righteous availeth much
Be not weary in well doing
God of Heaven can do anything
Lay your cares to rest
For the righteous

[Chorus]

He who holds the future
Also rules this land
And responsible for each breath we take
Just pray and then leave it there
Pray and then leave it there

Maybe you've lost all hope
And can't see past tomorrow
Speak His word into your life
And stand on His promise to you

[Chorus x2]
[ Don’t Pray & Worry Lyrics on http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

The song is by J Moss. The principle of the song is simply not to do BOTH (pray and worry) because then those prayers are without faith. The worry cancels out the faith.
Indeed worry does interfere with faith.... :yep:

1000% of folks have done so.

Trial by fire exists beyond assumption. It is reflected in the pearls of wisdom from one's lips and more importantly, the UNDENIABLE AUTHORITY by which one speaks. There's an establishing of order in the wisdom that has been spoken. There's a balance. We're almost there in this thread but not quite.

Right so since trial by fire exists beyond assumption then why "REFUSE to let UNTRIED BY FIRE, UNPROVEN FOLK tell me what is righteous"? Who are the people who are untried by fire or unproven people? How would anyone know what the next person has come through by the grace of God? Did someone try to you or any one else what is righteous? Just asking because maybe I missed something in the thread...

Did someone say they were worried? Because concern can simply mean that a person cares. Overall, the thread seemed balanced but that's just me...

Right so since trial by fire exists beyond assumption then why "REFUSE to let UNTRIED BY FIRE, UNPROVEN FOLK tell me what is righteous"? Who are the people who are untried by fire or unproven people? How would anyone know what the next person has come through by the grace of God? Did someone try to you or any one else what is righteous? Just asking because maybe I missed something in the thread...

Did someone say they were worried? Because concern can simply mean that a person cares. Overall, the thread seemed balanced but that's just me...

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/clothing choices.

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/song choices.

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/an appearance in a music video.

It's in the inconsistency of expecting a so-called gospel singer to be the beacon of heavenly light for all mankind...instead of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 2: 9

in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing,

but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works.

May the Holy Spirit convict those who read this scripture.

I didnt know we were talking about their salvation...:blush:

For kicks:

the term "Saved", when searched in this thread, was referenced 12 times.

the term "salvation", when searched in this thread, was referenced 8 times.

Now to whose salvation was being referenced, I would speculate that it was a universal application.

Dude can someone direct to me when it was not Christian to go to the club? Dag...
It's all about "The GOD In Me" meaning okay I can go to the club but I am not going to get pissy drunk and sloppy screaming obscenities to everyone. And I can still go to the club and dance around, but I'm not taking the dude next to me home...
People need to stop getting their panties so daggon bunched up. You can still go to the club, just don't act a fool. GOD wants us to have a good time... like Mary Mary is saying, it's about the GOD in us.
My opinion.

:blush:Say what now?!! So it would be alright for me to go to a strip club too then? Oh yeah, don't forget that we can bring our pastors and the elders of the church to the club with us too! As long as they don't get drunk! Might as well bring my 2 year old too. My mama always told me if she couldn't take her kids to a place with her, then something aint quite right about it. I say if I can't take my daughter, grandmother, or members of my church then "something aint quite right" about it! God is everywhere but he don't want you up in that club, that aint nothing but temptation!!

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/clothing choices.

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/song choices.

It's in the inconsistency of equating salvation w/an appearance in a music video.

It's in the inconsistency of expecting a so-called gospel singer to be the beacon of heavenly light for all mankind...instead of the Lord Jesus Christ.

But where did anyone do that?

Wait wait wait.

We can go to the club?!??! For real for real?!?!?

I can go to the club, dance, dutty wine, grind, have a couple drinks, listen to music with profanity and unsavory lyrics, and have dudes try to be on me...and that's all ok as long as I don't get pissy drunk, scream obscenities, and take a dude home when I leave?

I'm going out with my friends tomorrow night. Praise the Lord, I'm gonna have me some fun!

You made me laugh hard...........

Good way to put it. Lord, please forgive me now because I was not going to reply as nice and "with the fruits of the spirit" like you did Mrs.TheBronx. :perplexed

They still need to get their act together. :rolleyes:

:yep::yep::yep::yep::rolleyes:

:blush:Say what now?!! So it would be alright for me to go to a strip club too then? Oh yeah, don't forget that we can bring our pastors and the elders of the church to the club with us too! As long as they don't get drunk! Might as well bring my 2 year old too. My mama always told me if she couldn't take her kids to a place with her, then something aint quite right about it. I say if I can't take my daughter, grandmother, or members of my church then "something aint quite right" about it! God is everywhere but he don't want you up in that club, that aint nothing but temptation!!

I think your mama was right! :yep:

Last edited:
Back