Married and engaged ladies...

For us, it didn't matter who asked who because we knew we wanted to marry each other.

I did go through the "you didn't ask me, so this marriage doesn't mean anything and my ring didn't cost thousands" so for our 8th anniversary DH "proposed" to me at work and gave me the "big" ring. After that he told me to shut up and be happy. :lol: It was nice that he did it, but it was a snooze. I liked the feeling I had when I asked him, but that's just me.

Sounds like SO. I am almost positive that I will be picking out my own ring when the time happens. He does not like making the wrong choice on gifts so I don't see anything subtle from him happening :lol: :lol:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Girl, if he buys you bridal magazines and leaves them around your place.....watch out! :lol:

Dh did that. I was like....:look:...omg. :spinning:

Are you excited...? Scared...? Nervous?
If you don't already, start doing your nails--so your hands will look nice, for the moment. :giggle:

Last edited:
For us, it didn't matter who asked who because we knew we wanted to marry each other.

I did go through the "you didn't ask me, so this marriage doesn't mean anything and my ring didn't cost thousands" so for our 8th anniversary DH "proposed" to me at work and gave me the "big" ring. After that he told me to shut up and be happy. :lol: It was nice that he did it, but it was a snooze. I liked the feeling I had when I asked him, but that's just me.

Seeking8Rights

On the bold:
OMG...! That is SO sweet! :luv2: Were you surprised?

Blyss_curls said:
Je Ne Sais Quoi

Girl, if he buys you bridal magazines and leaves them around your place.....watch out! :lol:

Dh did that. I was like....:look:...omg. :spinning:

Are you excited...? Scared...? Nervous?
If you don't already, start doing your nails--so your hands will look nice, for the moment. :giggle:

I will be on the lookout :lol: honestly I'm not really excited because to me if there is no ring there isn't anything for me to get excited about. I'm not nervous or scared either though I probably should be Scurred :lol:

Sent from the corner pay phone

And I need to make the disclaimer that I understand there could be no proposal down the horizon. If this is the case things will be handled accordingly. I'm just curious if all these marriage ideas and talks, etc mean anything.

LOL, that is so Cute!! :lol:

Thanks, girl.

He's a sweetie. But in those dating days....lawd. I could NOT get that man outta' my house. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I loved him. Loved spending time w/him. But I was trying to NOT live w/him. Determined really. I'd kick him out, after a marathon sleep-over....he'd come back and sneak stuff in.

"Oh....um, can I keep this tv here?" :lol:

And I need to make the disclaimer that I understand there could be no proposal down the horizon. If this is the case things will be handled accordingly. I'm just curious if all these marriage ideas and talks, etc mean anything.

Well, you know him better than us. But from a general stand-point...yes. Dudes don't just talk about that stuff, to be talking...kwim? There's usually a purpose in mind.

Sometimes they're trying to be slick, and gauge if we'd 'say, yes.' So, sometimes we have to make them sweat a little. :lol: But it sounds like (imo) he's in that state of mind. :yep: I'm excited for you!

Blyss_curls said:
Thanks, girl.

He's a sweetie. But in those dating days....lawd. I could NOT get that man outta' my house. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I loved him. Loved spending time w/him. But I was trying to NOT live w/him. Determined really. I'd kick him out, after a marathon sleep-over....he'd come back and sneak stuff in.

"Oh....um, can I keep this tv here?" :lol:

Girl!!! This fool just told me he is putting a fish tank at my house. His reasoning was that he has one at his house so he needs one at mine too to feel comfortable. Gtfooh!!!!! As a compromise he said he would get a puppy at his place for my daughter and I though we would have to come to an agreement as to the type.

Blyss_curls said:
Well, you know him better than us. But from a general stand-point...yes. Dudes don't just talk about that stuff, to be talking...kwim? There's usually a purpose in mind.

Sometimes they're trying to be slick, and gauge if we'd 'say, yes.' So, sometimes we have to make them sweat a little. :lol: But it sounds like (imo) he's in that state of mind. :yep: I'm excited for you!

Yeah, I hear you. That is what I was thinking as well but I'm not one to jump the gun. I guess time will tell :)

Nope...he caught me off guard with that too. We were discussing our finances, and I just paused and then asked him "where do you see this relationship going?" cause I wanted to know how serious I should be taking the finances conversation. He looked at me, and said "Oh, I see us together for a long time, with a couple of kids....married of course":look:. I promptly choked on my spit, and almost fell off the couch. Then I had to play it cool like...Oh yea...Married...duh... :lachen:

Even the day he proposed...I had just told him he didn't need too. That we could just live together, and it would be cool...that I didn't want him to think I was pressuring him into anything. Then we colored... :grin: Afterwards, we were just watching TV, and he got up and went somewhere, and when he came back to sit down he slowly moved the ring in front of my face. It really was a moment. :lol:

Oooooooh---so romantic! :love: After lovemaking....what an awesome proposal....!

(blyss swoons)

Girl!!! This fool just told me he is putting a fish tank at my house. His reasoning was that he has one at his house so he needs one at mine too to feel comfortable. Gtfooh!!!!! As a compromise he said he would get a puppy at his place for my daughter and I though we would have to come to an agreement as to the type.

Girl stop....you asking if he's about to propose....and he wants a friggin' fish tank at your house?!?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl. Sounds like he's trying to sneak on in there ('cause he never wants to go home). A fish tank. :lol: I can't stop laughing. I thought my dh and his tv was a mess.

Blyss_curls said:
Girl stop....you asking if he's about to propose....and he wants a friggin' fish tank at your house?!?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl. Sounds like he's trying to sneak on in there ('cause he never wants to go home). A fish tank. :lol: I can't stop laughing. I thought my dh and his tv was a mess.

I think he just wants one over here. I didn't think that was part of it:lol:

See ya'll just need to get "murried". Ain't nobody got time for games. :lol:

Tell him to come up off a rang, then ya'll can talk fish tanks.

It could mean something or it couldn't. *shrugs*

See ya'll just need to get "murried". Ain't nobody got time for games. :lol:

Tell him to come up off a rang, then ya'll can talk fish tanks.

Well, right now the ball is in his court lol. Last night he told me that he realizes how special and important I am to him.

Right now all that is just words. I'm just going to wait on it but he already knows my feelings on marriage so we will see....

Well, right now the ball is in his court lol. Last night he told me that he realizes how special and important I am to him.

Right now all that is just words. I'm just going to wait on it but he already knows my feelings on marriage so we will see....

I see. How long have ya'll been together?

What a cute thread!

Good luck OP!

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Last edited:
I'm not engaged or married but just like JNSQ I'm trying to figure out how it's going to go down-
I'm giving (need to update) all ring info including size, shape, design ideas, 4Cs etc. to my friends and told him to contact them so I'll never know...just like I like it!

He's going to put the ring in the fish tank!!!!!!

I'm soooooo excited for you!!!!
I will NEVER get proposed to if he does that. He knows that I don't like dealing with fish, them things gross me out. Like the crabs, the anenome's, etc, all that stuff is gross :lol: :lol:

He ain't putting no fish tank over here. I'm hoping he forgets and doesn't mention it again :look: :look:

Why are you excited?? :lol: he could never ever propose you know :look: This is why i'm not getting excited. I could be here on this board in december 2013 talking about he didn't propose so I cut him off :nono:

I'm not engaged or married but just like JNSQ I'm trying to figure out how it's going to go down-
I'm giving (need to update) all ring info including size, shape, design ideas, 4Cs etc. to my friends and told him to contact them so I'll never know...just like I like it!
You are taking absolutely no chances :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it!

Back