Married and engaged ladies...

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Where there any signs that your SO was going to propose? I'm not speaking of the ones where he told you he was going to propose :lol: I'm just curious if there were any signs you noticed a few months/weeks beforehand that made you say hmmmmm.......

The day he proposed was actually a total surprise...and that was funny considering I knew for a fact he was going to propose, and had gone ring shopping. :lol:

The day he proposed was actually a total surprise...and that was funny considering I knew for a fact he was going to propose, and had gone ring shopping. :lol:
Aww, that's cute. He got you with the element of surprise :lol:

But were there any clues before you went ring shopping?

I wonder if there really are any "signs"

Over the last few months he has really been talking about marriage. Last night he told me again about how one of his family members told him a few years ago that I was the one and how his mom told him that again just yesterday. He talks about my daughter all the time and even said something like "if we were married i wouldn't have to worry about putting her in sports because i know I would be able to do it with no problems". He even went on to say how we should start a business after we get married, etc. There were other thing as well but maybe i'm just pulling at straws smh.....

Well, IF there were a proposal going to happen in 2013 I guess it would be no surprise because he is a man of no surprises which he has admited to. I mentioned in another thread that I basically picked out my own Christmas presents and i've already given his to him yesterday. He's trying bless his heart but every now and then I love to be razzle dazzled :lol:

I'm sure he was surprised. I sure in the heck was by the mere fact that he captured my heart rather quickly, as I'm a hard commit. lol

Seeking8Rights said:
I'm sure he was surprised. I sure in the heck was by the mere fact that he captured my heart rather quickly, as I'm a hard commit. lol

Did you propose?

I knew he wanted to marry me the proposal was a wonderful surprise. He took me to Niagara Falls and proposed in front of the falls. It was perfect and I was very appreciative :love:

This is pretty interesting! How did it work in your case? did you buy him the ring? Did he buy yours after you asked? Did you buy your own?
Sorry so nosey :lachen:

I asked, he said yes and secured rings. Let him tell it, he was going to propose and had some rings picked out.

I wasn't about to buy my own ring or his though. No ma'am.

Where there any signs that your SO was going to propose? I'm not speaking of the ones where he told you he was going to propose :lol: I'm just curious if there were any signs you noticed a few months/weeks beforehand that made you say hmmmmm.......

I don't think anyone is as obvious as my (now) dh. He's not a great surprise person...:lol:

Months before, while at bookstores he'd ask me if I wanted Brides magazine. I was like, "wait....what?!" :blush:

When I wouldn't buy it--he leafed through it, to look at rings and say,"...Oh, that's a nice shape. Which one do you like?"

Eventually he managed to get me to browse in front of a jewelry store window. Then..."hey, let's go in--I don't even know your ring size!"

Me:"um....ok."

Weeks before he popped the question, he got super secretive (which he is not, obviously...:lol:)...and would disappear, w/out telling me where he was going.

No signs. We knew when we started dating that it was for marriage so it was inevitable. The actual proposal was a complete shock... wasn't excepting it at that particular time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

I actually started having dreams of DH proposing to me five days before he actually did so. It's weird because while we joked about being married for some time, I had no clue that he was planning anything.

I don't think anyone is as obvious as my (now) dh. He's not a great surprise person...:lol:

Months before, while at bookstores he'd ask me if I wanted Brides magazine. I was like, "wait....what?!" :blush:

When I wouldn't buy it--he leafed through it, to look at rings and say,"...Oh, that's a nice shape. Which one do you like?"

Eventually he managed to get me to browse in front of a jewelry store window. Then..."hey, let's go in--I don't even know your ring size!"

Weeks before he popped the question, he got super secretive (which he is not, obviously...:lol:)...and would disappear, w/out telling me where he was going.
Sounds like SO. I am almost positive that I will be picking out my own ring when the time happens. He does not like making the wrong choice on gifts so I don't see anything subtle from him happening :lol: :lol:

My ex was ring obsessed. We looked at rings, tried on rings, emailed pics of rings, I knew it was coming. The actual proposal was a surprise, though.

Aww, that's cute. He got you with the element of surprise :lol:

But were there any clues before you went ring shopping?

Nope...he caught me off guard with that too. We were discussing our finances, and I just paused and then asked him "where do you see this relationship going?" cause I wanted to know how serious I should be taking the finances conversation. He looked at me, and said "Oh, I see us together for a long time, with a couple of kids....married of course":look:. I promptly choked on my spit, and almost fell off the couch. Then I had to play it cool like...Oh yea...Married...duh... :lachen:

Even the day he proposed...I had just told him he didn't need too. That we could just live together, and it would be cool...that I didn't want him to think I was pressuring him into anything. Then we colored... :grin: Afterwards, we were just watching TV, and he got up and went somewhere, and when he came back to sit down he slowly moved the ring in front of my face. It really was a moment. :lol:

LOL, that is so Cute!! :lol:

Back