Marriage counseling

syze6

Why does it seem that women in a marriage when there is trouble suggest counseling vs. men?

Is that an indication that men just don't want to resolve the issues and get help? My cousin shared with me her hubby told her when they were discussing issues that maybe they need to separate for a while. The suggestion of counseling didn't even come up. He was saying it was her that had issues that she seemed not to get over, no matter what he did to change her opinion of things. I know sometimes folks have to take a step back, but separation seems to do more harm than good. I was thinking of Kandi in housewives and how she right away suggested counseling while it seems Todd was against it.

I think it's because women like to talk and men don't. Men don't like to talk about their inner most feelings. They like actions. Taking a break sounds easier to a guy.

Men are fixers. Men like to see results and they don't tend to believe just talking does anything. Do you see how men solve beef between themselves? Cussing, punching and call it a day.

Also, some men worry that since counseling is a "woman thing" it will be nothing but an occasion for two women to gang up on him and tell him how terrible he is. It's best IMO to try and get a male counselor or if you are part of a church they often have couples who counsel.

In his mind he probably thinks he has talked to her and since talking hasn't helped what will more talking do? They don't get it.

All she can do is give him some space right now.

Last edited:
Back